The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Agreed, if umbra doesn't come on u19 it will be way more than a year waiting for it without a single word about it, the reason and way I'm feeling about umbra has been mentioned many times before, so I'll go ahead and share something that has just lift my curiosity:

Hide contents

The placeholder for projection system shown on devsteram looks similar the horn-like things in the back of excalibur Umbra Prime's head (but not the same, EUP horns seem to be open slighltly wider than the placeholder)

Reveal hidden contents

RLgUFzW.png

could it be some kind of hint? or is it just a mirage while searching for anything Umbra related?I don't know, but I'll go for the second one only to avoid being disappointed if it ends like that, but being amazed if I decided to take it all wrong and it was actually a hint.

possibly  , DE are the ones who designed umbra excal prime so it makes sense there would be other designs with similar appearance, but i know what you mean i was wondering that myself , but i think im already a tinfoil hat candidate ....  

in all honesty it looks similar to the ornate arm designs (little golden hook badge thats a founders item in china i think) 

the info on teshins new scarfs has me curious..... why did he get cosmetic work .... did DE put it in patch notes or mention it at all? i do notice a big difference from provided images to the current model in my console xb1 version 

that scarf /cape syandana look similar in design, but its the same design team isnt it...  as you said is it just a mirage in us wanting to find some link or connection to umbra.... that signifies his coming in some way.....

giphy.gif

umbra excal prime scarf

Spoiler

Warframe0369.jpgWarframe0372.jpgMW1UjXa.jpg

RLgUFzW.png

Teshin new cosmetics 

Spoiler

XVe9QOF.jpg4uUHOQm.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

12 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It's nothing, no relation to Umbra. If it ends up being something, tell me 'I told you so'.

Agreed, I'm with you on this one they don't really have any significanceexpect being kinda the same shape and even that's a stretch. The energy dots on them don't match up aswell and one thing I've noticed about DE is when energy dots match something is up.

8 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

[...] saying China is irrelevant is not ignorant, it's an opinion backed up by logic [...]

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən/
noun

1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No offense. Just irks me when people get a little too caught up in their argument and start interchanging words like "proof", "evidence", "opinion" and "fact.

I can't help noticing most of the discussion here is based on hearsay, and not on the factual (if potentially outdated) information contained in the first post, quoted straight from devs and associated parties. I recommend everyone posting here go back and study up. Because a lot of this was cleared up a year ago, and people are still confused.

Excalibur Umbra Prime is a Chinese-exclusive reskin of Excalibur. It is not an equippable skin, it is a separate frame with a different appearance and slightly different stats, similar to Excalibur Prime. Currently, it is the only physical implementation of anything related to Umbra, and cannot be considered hard evidence of how Umbra will be implemented globally due to the nature of its inclusion.

Excalibur Umbra is the first of many Umbras that will be included in the global build sometime after U19. Quothe Steve: "[Umbra] won't just be Excal with different stats." Whether they are a separate series of frames coexisting with normals and Primes, or implemented in some other way, remains to be seen. Evidence from a year ago would suggest the former, but I have my suspicions based on more recent quotes and hints.

3 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Agreed, if umbra doesn't come on u19 it will be way more than a year waiting for it without a single word about it, the reason and way I'm feeling about umbra has been mentioned many times before, so I'll go ahead and share something that has just lift my curiosity:

Reveal hidden contents

The placeholder for projection system shown on devsteram looks similar the horn-like things in the back of excalibur Umbra Prime's head (but not the same, EUP horns seem to be open slighltly wider than the placeholder)

Reveal hidden contents

RLgUFzW.png

could it be some kind of hint? or is it just a mirage while searching for anything Umbra related?I don't know, but I'll go for the second one only to avoid being disappointed if it ends like that, but being amazed if I decided to take it all wrong and it was actually a hint.

More than a year...? Dude, it's been two years. Umbra has been talked about as far back as Devstream #36. Hell, #36 discussed Archwing, colorblind options, kubrows, dojos, even Focus for F***'s sake. We still don't have colorblind options.

It's silly at this point to be threatening to jump ship because a feature is taking too long. Besides, do you really want a third series of frames sucking up all your forma and potentially making your builds more obsolete than a rework ever could? Because a third frame series is the last thing I want. I'm really hoping they decided against it.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

More than a year...? Dude, it's been two years. Umbra has been talked about as far back as Devstream #36. Hell, #36 discussed Archwing, colorblind options, kubrows, dojos, even Focus for F***'s sake. We still don't have colorblind options.

It's silly at this point to be threatening to jump ship because a feature is taking too long. Besides, do you really want a third series of frames sucking up all your forma and potentially making your builds more obsolete than a rework ever could? Because a third frame series is the last thing I want. I'm really hoping they decided against it.

Wasnt umbra first revealed during July or something of last year?

14 minutes ago, oshunter124 said:

Wasnt umbra first revealed during July or something of last year?

If by "revealed" you mean "shown to players of the global build by the devs", then no. Umbra has never been shown on a devstream. All of our information1 comes from screenshots and press material relating to the Chinese version, as collected and posted here by players. Because ChangYou has no reason to talk to us, and DE's ideas about how to introduce Umbra and implement it as a mechanic weren't concrete until recently.

1 Excluding a handful of quotes and hints within the last three months that are not entirely consistent with the previous understanding of Umbra's implementation.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Because the Chinese devs have no reason to talk to us

did you know that the Chinese Devs have been talking to us the whole time, in fact, they talked to us yesterday....

Spoiler

DE is the Chinese Devs

3 hours ago, Apoc001 said:

did you know that the Chinese Devs have been talking to us the whole time, in fact, they talked to us yesterday....

Reveal hidden contents

DE is the Chinese Devs

Correct. The term 'developer' is being loosely used here, ChangYou are not developers; they're publishers. Everything the Chinese build has is made by DE.

On 6/16/2016 at 3:03 AM, oshunter124 said:

Sounds like fun having a nano spore farm in the back of my ship, but as we all know its widely speculated thats for kavats.

The infested door was confirmed not to be part of u19, so it is possible that it is related to u20 or umbra.

On 6/15/2016 at 10:33 PM, Othergrunty said:

Something to consider. As far as the hints tell us, the Sentients were also a creation of the Orokin. So the Sentients' aesthetic could also be influenced by that of the Orokin. Meaning the appearance of similar shapes on Sentient stuff and Prime/Umbra/Tenno stuff could be because of a common link to the Orokin, rather than to each other.

Also. Damn, that's really a lot of forks there on Umbra Excal.

Though perhaps they are meant to invoke a moon? Conclave and now Lunaro seem to indicate that Sun and Moon carry some meaning for Tenno philosophy.

From Oberon's codex entry we can assume that 'balance' is the central motif of Tenno philosophy. The Sun and Moon most likely embody that balance, similar to the Yin and Yang.

Edited by grigorije

11 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Agreed, I'm with you on this one they don't really have any significanceexpect being kinda the same shape and even that's a stretch. The energy dots on them don't match up aswell and one thing I've noticed about DE is when energy dots match something is up.

we also dont know how umbra excal global will look

we do know its based of umbra excal primes model but so was shadow stalker. whos to say they wont be doing more cleanup and maybe improve its design?

im actually looking forward to compare the two models and see what improvements/changes were made if any 

12 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

It's nothing, no relation to Umbra. If it ends up being something, tell me 'I told you so'.

understandable  

On 6/18/2016 at 1:13 AM, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Excalibur Umbra has been known about since last July. Where on earth are you getting two years?

-bad english sorry-

So we going to have Umbra : a alternate upgrade of Excalibur for non-founder.

But, are we going to have a alternate upgrade for lato & skana ?  Like : late umbra and a Skana umbra?

1 minute ago, yual said:

So we going to have Umbra

Let's wait till after that before we start making threads about what should be next...

I'm not a big fan of alternate versions of the weapons I mean in balancing terms since atm most alternate versions just come off as upgrades rather than sidegrades.

Though I don't like that it's purely because of an augment exclusive to the weapon, I do like that the Hek is a sidegrade to the Vaykor Hek. 

OP, Im unsure if you kown, but we do have a Prsima? (if thats how you spell it) Sanka, and that is much better then the Darka Prime even. Granted its not better then the Prime, but who cares, it has more Cirt-Damage, and if I recall right, thats what really is "damage" to most people these days.

Sure down the road we'll get a Pismima Lato too, but I'll be down for Umbra ones, or if we chuold just have the Prime Weapons (not excal). 

Edited by LegionCynex

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Oh yay, it's this thread again. You're aware the lato and skana prime are just gold plated sh*t, which nobody seriously uses, because they suck compared to 90% of the other weapons, yes? Man, that is SO pay to win, I can't take it!

I have to agree, the same goes for Excal Really..