Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

[24] I glide on red wings. Robes shed, making me an ambiguous target to Dax steel. I let fly my ivory blades, they find new homes in Dax eyes. I land with my red-nakedness, delicate Orokin throats twisting in my calloused hands.

just gonna say ... red ?

also a few post back , i did have all fragments listed 

Remember that it's a poem, Mako.

Ordan Karris pulled the bone-plugs from the base of his skull, deliberately entering a suicidal final charge. The 'red wings' and red nakedness he describes is his own arterial blood spurting out into the air as he attacks, determined to go down fighting and manage the impossible: Kill an Orokin.

Those lines should not be taken as a statement that Ordan Karris was literally a red person with wings.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Remember that it's a poem, Mako.

Ordan Karris pulled the bone-plugs from the base of his skull, deliberately entering a suicidal final charge. The 'red wings' and red nakedness he describes is his own arterial blood spurting out into the air as he attacks, determined to go down fighting and manage the impossible: Kill an Orokin.

Those lines should not be taken as a statement that Ordan Karris was literally a red person with wings.

ah yes

Their golden combs snag in my hair. I reach back, parting the strands, and they gasp. Two bone-ivory hooks protrude from the base of my skull: the bone-plugs of me and my best. A warrior's pact.

id say at least humanoid as it states ugly, maybe ..mishapen... with hair, and bone hooks at the base of the skull..why does that sound familiar ..?

Let's not confuse Ordis and the Umbra Warframe. Ordis was once a Assassin, sounds like he was one of a kind. Bred to kill most likely.

I will say this though, since the ritual to become an Orokin was granted on very few (it's sooo Stargate in the setup) and they demanded beauty and symmetry; I feel certain the Red Vial would make the needed visual changes.

However,  if umbras and the spectres are anywhere alike, the shadow-life could very well be a synthesis of a mind(and body?).

18 minutes ago, Aresco said:

Well it IS a speculation thread, nothing wrong with letting people have fun speculating on something they're looking forward to

Because speculation becomes expectation and headcanon, very quickly and very easily. Use Headcanon as a substrate for Expectations in a high oxygen environment and what you're going to get is a sodium explosion with lots of toxic fumes.

Better to just....not.

36 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Because speculation becomes expectation and headcanon, very quickly and very easily. Use Headcanon as a substrate for Expectations in a high oxygen environment and what you're going to get is a sodium explosion with lots of toxic fumes.

Better to just....not.

Agreed, seriously this "speculation" is so bad its funny. Its like saying Ordis+ teh sqare rute of shrek+rng= excalibur umbra

8 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Agreed, seriously this "speculation" is so bad its funny. Its like saying Ordis+ teh sqare rute of shrek+rng= excalibur umbra

^ ditto 

9 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Having been around as long as I have, this is true. Many players' own speculation somehow becomes an expectation that it absolutely must be in the game. It can be... frustrating... at times.

thats player conjecture for ya .....

that hype train needs the player fuel .. with maybe a spark here and there of truth 

Spoiler

umbras - Not saying teshins involved .... or am i?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Why are there fragment spoilers in the umbra thread? Does *every* new thing have to be Umbra? 

discussing implication, if the cephalons were a living being turned into what they are by an alternate transference state it further proves the substance that other variations of transference state is possible, leading to a higher probability that the autonomous frame theory has a higher probability of fact then fiction 

also..if the orokin who were truly :unkillable" to some degree that may mean that our cold and gold masters were not truly slain to a finite end and could return 

per 

[29] I stare, drained of blood, of life, at those that remain. But I find no horror on their faces. Why? I let out a cruel howl and they… laugh? Is this a dying hallucination? The sound of applause grows among them. I have killed the unkillable and they are… delighted.

[30] The applause peaks and fades. I feel a sense of shame but the end upon me. Ballas is above me, Executor of the Seven, smiling. He says, How simple and pure you are, you idiot beast. We have died countless times! Yet remain eternal! I close my eyes to die just once.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

^ ditto 

thats player conjecture for ya .....

that hype train needs the player fuel .. with maybe a spark here and there of truth 

Real speculation requires common sense it's just that...many people I've talked to and argued with over this issue(and many other issues here) just don't have common sense, they just don't understand things...or they are just trolls. It's just ughh. I need an I ice cream break.

2 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Dude, spoilers. I'm not reading them.

they are present in the codex , wiki, and in dozens of threads/posts

so that request dosnt seem reasonable 

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Well we could of just killed them by channeling void energy into our weapons and disintegrating them.

that refers to their bodies, what about if the orokin were similar to the cephalons , a downloaded consciousness, kill as many bodies as we like, they could  have hidden themselves away and just be biding their time ....

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Real speculation requires common sense it's just that...many people I've talked to and argued with over this issue(and many other issues here) just don't have common sense, they just don't understand things...or they are just trolls. It's just ughh. I need an I ice cream break.

ill take a chocolate vanilla