The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

They can be shady all they want. It's thier game. Thier Umbra.

So I'll just wait for the time when they decide to give it to us.

Your right UMBRA is pretty shady. Bud dum tis. I...I know where the door is.

They can be shady all they want. It's thier game. Thier Umbra.

So I'll just wait for the time when they decide to give it to us.

also called it.

Don't call people haters when they are complaining for a very good reason. Also it's spelt Their.

That very good reason of yours is nothing but a false sense of entitlement to know everything that DE does. They deciced to push the Umbras aside untill they find a good way to introduce them. That was one of the last statements regarding thier developement. But whats this? They didn't bring up any news yet? How dare they! Lets antagonize them, that will show them!

Excaly, we got 2 weeks until Feb, I share your idea that is a very poor excuse, hopefully we shuold be getting news in 2 weeks time, as it is very close to Feb.

As this is getting out of hand, real fast, and if they keep it up, it will just get worse, and this will be their fault not ours 

Whoa, thats weird, did you PM them or something?

If they really are giveing out WP or banning people for this, then alot of people are going to be leaving the game, alot of bad things have happened this start of the year, and don't get my started on the details.

I tell you now, if this keeps up, then I'm not going to be around for much longer and I kown for sure others will to

Nope it wasn't a pm

That very good reason of yours is nothing but a false sense of entitlement to know everything that DE does. They deciced to push the Umbras aside untill they find a good way to introduce them. That was one of the last statements regarding thier developement. But whats this? They didn't bring up any news yet? How dare they! Lets antagonize them, that will show them!

Oh my, you actually believe that lore excuse? Actually, I don't know why I'm surprised. They have had seven months, to come up with a way to introduce him into the game. Over the course of that time, we have had major, game-changing updates with tons of new weapons/warframes. In all that time, not one of them thought up a way to introduce him? Yea, I don't think so.

They promised to talk about him more in early 2016. There were a lot of request before the last Devstream requesting information about Umbra. They couldn't use the Second Dream development excuse any more, yet they still ignored all of those requests. You say its a false sense of entitlement? Okay, say the Rapier suddenly vanished from all records and DE refused to talk about it. Would you describe the people who complained about that as having a false sense of entitlement?

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Would love to help with finding any lore for the umbra excal but haven't got anything on him from the China side. Wiki entry over there isnt exactly 100% complete and there are stuff missing here and there. Even the prime nikana and "kunai" do not have an entry there as well.

yes. yes I would. I personally dont give a rats behind about balance as long as im having fun.

But if it is going to be stupidly overpowered then I want it to be an extreme challenge to obtain. not in terms of RNG ether. but like a T5 survival that you have to make it 60 min and you get an umbra part.

You do realise that that would be completely toxic to the long term development of the game, right?

If they release a 'frame which is openly just broken as all hell, explicitly more powerful than not just any other 'frame but more powerful than several other 'frames combined.....then what? What do they release next?

What do they do, when high level content becomes pathetically easy when using this warframe? Do they make a new tier of high level content which is effectively only accessible if you use this one overpowered 'frame? Do they rebalance everything else to account for it? Or do they just say "F*** it!" and release a new warframe which is twice as broken?

Sure, it might be fun....and it would basically wreck the game.

Also, pretty direct question: Do you guys feel like you are 'owed' Umbra? The word entitled is being thrown around a lot, but I have to ask, is it that people feel that they are genuinely entitled to have Umbra Excalibur, or at least to have the chance to buy the 'frame or try to grind for it?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Would love to help with finding any lore for the umbra excal but haven't got anything on him from the China side. Wiki entry over there isnt exactly 100% complete and there are stuff missing here and there. Even the prime nikana and "kunai" do not have an entry there as well.

People have already checked he doesn't have lore in China.

yes. yes I would. I personally dont give a rats behind about balance as long as im having fun.

But if it is going to be stupidly overpowered then I want it to be an extreme challenge to obtain. not in terms of RNG ether. but like a T5 survival that you have to make it 60 min and you get an umbra part.

Ew no. That is a perfect example of power creep and that kind of game development usually kills a game off.

You do realise that that would be completely toxic to the long term development of the game, right?

If they release a 'frame which is openly just broken as all hell, explicitly more powerful than not just any other 'frame but more powerful than several other 'frames combined.....then what? What do they release next?

What do they do, when high level content becomes pathetically easy when using this warframe? Do they make a new tier of high level content which is effectively only accessible if you use this one overpowered 'frame? Do they rebalance everything else to account for it? Or do they just say "F*** it!" and release a new warframe which is twice as broken?

Sure, it might be fun....and it would basically wreck the game.

How would he be broken? He would still have only 4 powers just different from Excal and Excal Prime.

How would he be broken? He would still have only 4 powers just different from Excal and Excal Prime.

I was replying to a guy who said "Yes, I would like Umbra to be disgustingly broken. I don't care about game balance."

Also, free invisibility when crouching, as a passive, when other 'frames which have stealth are built around having it as one of their abilities?

Sentient style damage resistance?

Being able to use other warframes' powers?

Any of these would be disgustingly powerful. The free stealth is the least so, while the sentient style damage adaptation is tied with the ability stealing for being hideously destructive of game balance.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

I was replying to a guy who said "Yes, I would like Umbra to be disgustingly broken. I don't care about game balance."

Also, free invisibility when crouching, as a passive, when other 'frames which have stealth are built around having it as one of their abilities?

Any of these would be disgustingly powerful. The free stealth is the least so, while the sentient style damage adaptation is tied with the ability stealing for being hideously destructive of game balance.

It's really not OP at all it's not like he would get their powers and deal more dmg than the actual frame. I think that Excal Umbra being able to use other abilities than just excal and Excal prime makes you think he's OP. Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

I don't understand how people play a video game not to have fun lol

Right.....but this is one of those things where (oh hey, I'm about to be mega patronising again) it's like a child wanting to eat a huge bowl of icecream for dinner. Sure, their little eyes will sparkle when you give it to them, and then later on they'll be sick.

Making a warframe which is explicitly more powerful than an entire team of other warframes (which is what kinda what people are suggeting) would be poisonous to the game's development. It would be fun for a while.....at the cost of just destroying the release cycle of other new content.

It's really not OP at all it's not like he would get their powers and deal more dmg than the actual frame. I think that Excal Umbra being able to use other abilities than just excal and Excal prime makes you think he's OP.

You get that 'frames are designed as a whole package, right? Excalibur, as he is, is a supremely well rounded 'frame, designed for mobility, area debuffs, and melee damage.

Now, let's replace his third ability with Rhino's third ability. Suddenly, Excalibur Umbra is capable of popping Exalted Blade and then using Roar to give himself +65% damage with it.

Or perhaps with Loki's Disarm.

There are combinations of abilities and base traits which would be broken as all hell. You cannot simply mix and match items from different kits and assume that everything will work out the same way in the end. It won't. That is why different kits exist.

This is basic game design, bro. Giving one character class the ability to mix and match powers from other classes generally leads to being super powerful when players find the right combination.
Edited by BornWithTeeth

Depends...what if we take extra damage to damage types that we have lost adaption to. Let's say at the beggining of the mission we have no adaption then grinner shoot us with puncture...so we would become more resistant to puncture but if we got shot but slash or impact it would do more damage then it would pre puncture resistance. Also minor camouflage wouldn't hurt especially only when crouching.

No, he sounds like someone who has been put on hold for seven months, because that is exactly what this situation is.

That's no situation, that's just greed.

You kown whats weird?, I tought Red was complaining on how much I was moaning about Umbra, and it was like: Wait What?, you where moaning too..

I was in the middle of telling Red off, but then I realized you both just had the same Profile Image..

Whoops..D:

Also, I don't kown how the word "Hater" works here, an't a hater, who is aginest something?, as for Greed, does not work here, unless your a white knight 

Edited by LegionCynex

Right.....but this is one of those things where (oh hey, I'm about to be mega patronising again) it's like a child wanting to eat a huge bowl of icecream for dinner. Sure, their little eyes will sparkle when you give it to them, and then later on they'll be sick.

Making a warframe which is explicitly more powerful than an entire team of other warframes (which is what kinda what people are suggeting) would be poisonous to the game's development. It would be fun for a while.....at the cost of just destroying the release cycle of other new content.

True but we can find ways to balance this, also I like the ideas about the Umbras. It would make these frames feel fresh and not just another Reskin.

You kown whats weird?, I tought Red was complaining on how much I was moaning about Umbra, and it was like: Wait What?, you where moaning too..

I was in the middle of telling Red off, but then I realized you both just had the same Profile Image..

Whoops..D:

Also, I don't kown how the word "Hater" works here, an't a hater, who is aginest something?, as for Greed, does not work here, unless your a white knight

Blacks knights can use greed to. Discrimination against colored Knights!!!!! *picks up phone and calls mob of angry sjws's* Get him!!!! JK

I don't understand how people play a video game not to have fun lol

IKR

Whoops..D:

I'm on your side Legion xD

I was saying to Deshiel that a hater has no reason to hate and just does because, hater's gonna hate. But we have a very good reason to complain, as I explained to him in those messages. You weren't hating on DE, you were voicing what we're all thinking; DE are stretching this out to a ridiculous degree.

Also what does #rekt mean?

Again,I really feel like the lack of info is making us spread wild speculations and guess weird stuff.

If you ask me, we have way more reasons to believe it will be just a reskinned Excalibur with alterated stats and visuals rather than the ultimate frame which would have no reason to be; actually it would probably break the game.

Just look at Chinese WF, Excalibur Umbra is a separate frame, but it's just an Excalibur; the lore behind him is still to be discovered and they'll find a "system" for us to get it that will reflect it, but other than small touches it's unreasonable to suppose he'll be a completely different frame.

We can suppose that, of course, but honestly there are way more hints to the opposite direction...

Again,I really feel like the lack of info is making us spread wild speculations and guess weird stuff.

If you ask me, we have way more reasons to believe it will be just a reskinned Excalibur with alterated stats and visuals rather than the ultimate frame which would have no reason to be; actually it would probably break the game.

Just look at Chinese WF, Excalibur Umbra is a separate frame, but it's just an Excalibur; the lore behind him is still to be discovered and they'll find a "system" for us to get it that will reflect it, but other than small touches it's unreasonable to suppose he'll be a completely different frame.

We can suppose that, of course, but honestly there are way more hints to the opposite direction...

I think its just the wait that are getting to people. Starting to come up with wild theories about Excalibur Umbra being the ultimate damage/CC frame. Here's hoping we see info soon.

Only one more week to go until Devstream 67. If we still don't see any info by that time......then this is going to blow up bad.