The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I have just a question...

Excalibur Prime has the Exhalted Blade looking like Skana Prime.

Will have Excalibur Umbra his own sword or just the default one?

I hope he does. And his "signature weapon" seems to be a primed nikana, I'd love excal umbra using a nikana based stance for his EB (but not gonna hate anyone if this wasn't implemented, anyways)

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Excal Umbra DE

IMO Umbras are the Dark side of the tenno (yea yea, sith and jedi reference)

They will have a huge part in story as i understand from devstreams.

+Stalker 2.0 ir rocking an Umbra.....there are some details on his arms that are different from regular and prime

Umbras are here because of the story

OP, might want to edit your first answer. Clarify by saying "Umbra Excalibur Prime is not a skin", because we currently don't know how the global release will even go down, whether Umbra is a separate frame with its own mastery points, an 'upgrade' of sorts to a current frame that adds no mastery and just changes your Excalibur, an 'upgrade' that does add mastery, a skin because DE decided to do so (remember, they don't even know how they'll release it now, so they could easily change their minds about it not being a pure cosmetic).

OP, might want to edit your first answer. Clarify by saying "Umbra Excalibur Prime is not a skin", because we currently don't know how the global release will even go down, whether Umbra is a separate frame with its own mastery points, an 'upgrade' of sorts to a current frame that adds no mastery and just changes your Excalibur, an 'upgrade' that does add mastery, a skin because DE decided to do so (remember, they don't even know how they'll release it now, so they could easily change their minds about it not being a pure cosmetic).

Umbra will not be a skin. They said it is not going to be a skin in devstream 64 IIRC. Not sure why people keep clinging to this fantasy/rumor.

Umbra will not be a skin. They said it is not going to be a skin in devstream 64 IIRC. Not sure why people keep clinging to this fantasy/rumor.

Read what I said again:

remember, they don't even know how they'll release it now, so they could easily change their minds about it not being a pure cosmetic).

Read what I said again:

No need to read it again because i understood you clearly. DE has never said it will be a skin, that is something envious/jealous players came up with. The most recent info from DE says it will not be a skin and that is what people should run with until they hear otherwise. It is pointless to continue to say it might be a skin on the idea of DE possibly changing their minds later on.

No need to read it again because i understood you clearly. DE has never said it will be a skin, that is something envious/jealous players came up with. The most recent info from DE says it will not be a skin and that is what people should run with until they hear otherwise. It is pointless to continue to say it might be a skin on the idea of DE possibly changing their minds later on.

While I do agree with you I can't help but think that DE might lie because it will earn them more plat.

If they don't make it a skin I will be quite happy and I really hope that will be the case.

I simply do not trust DE to do what they say until they prove that they will do it.

While I do agree with you I can't help but think that DE might lie because it will earn them more plat.

If they don't make it a skin I will be quite happy and I really hope that will be the case.

I simply do not trust DE to do what they say until they prove that they will do it.

I honestly think they'd get more plat from a frame. It would be the first time everyone will be able to have an improved Excalibur variant, they could make a bundle that includes various weapons, and a lot of people will be going ape for it.

I honestly think they'd get more plat from a frame. It would be the first time everyone will be able to have an improved Excalibur variant, they could make a bundle that includes various weapons, and a lot of people will be going ape for it.

I just hope they don't put it behind an enormous time/rng wall.

It really should be obtainable instead of locked away by RNG.

Still have no despair after two years which is why I really hate RNG and try to make people see how bad it really can be.

I just hope they don't put it behind an enormous time/rng wall.

It really should be obtainable instead of locked away by RNG.

Still have no despair after two years which is why I really hate RNG and try to make people see how bad it really can be.

Umbra will be behind a quest that requires 4 nav coordinates that can only be obtained by sortie and requires 9 Nitain for each part including the BP Edited by (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000

I'm really enjoying this topic, while I am very dispointed that DE are still bacily trolling us, by over-delaying Umbra, until 2016. I do hope that Umbra will come as some kind of Xmas Gift, as the hype for this is very strong, and if DE drop the ball and say: Umbra is U19, then this will cause alot of players to leave, and the forums will be in chaos.

Just my piece of the pie, as I am refusing to level up my Excal, until the Umbra is released, as I do not want to spend Time & Forma, on what chuold be much better then the normal trash-excal. Simple fact, so until DE start getting into Gear, things are not going to be pretty for now on.

Period 

I'm really enjoying this topic, while I am very dispointed that DE are still bacily trolling us, by over-delaying Umbra, until 2016. I do hope that Umbra will come as some kind of Xmas Gift, as the hype for this is very strong, and if DE drop the ball and say: Umbra is U19, then this will cause alot of players to leave, and the forums will be in chaos.

Just my piece of the pie, as I am refusing to level up my Excal, until the Umbra is released, as I do not want to spend Time & Forma, on what chuold be much better then the normal trash-excal. Simple fact, so until DE start getting into Gear, things are not going to be pretty for now on.

Period 

i think we all kind of feel this way in all honesty

n truth i desire umbra because i had a chance to be a founder and blew it xD and i know ill never get Excalibur prime. 

i feel umbras as close as it will come for me and many others. and i do hope more umbra frames make an appearance later on

and with this founders and normal players have a yin yang nature 

i think we all kind of feel this way in all honesty

n truth i desire umbra because i had a chance to be a founder and blew it xD and i know ill never get Excalibur prime. 

i feel umbras as close as it will come for me and many others. and i do hope more umbra frames make an appearance later on

and with this founders and normal players have a yin yang nature 

I kinder feel the same way,I can't not remaber if I had the choice to do Fonder as I didn't have the game way back then, but it whold of been nice. But yes, this is getting tat-bit harmful to Warframe itself.

I won't be srupised, that one day DE does something like this but worse, and Warframe turns into EA or PW, and no one ever plays it, and they lose money and DE will come to a close. I'm fully ready for this to happen, as in my gut I kown it will. if DE keep going this way.

I kinder feel the same way,I can't not remember if I had the choice to do Fonder as I didn't have the game way back then, but it whold of been nice. But yes, this is getting tat-bit harmful to Warframe itself.

I won't be surprised, that one day DE does something like this but worse, and Warframe turns into EA or PW, and no one ever plays it, and they lose money and DE will come to a close. I'm fully ready for this to happen, as in my gut I know it will. if DE keep going this way.

some founders will have a issue with us getting something similar to them

i dont think we will ever see Excalibur prime return and that should keep them happy, that is what the agreement DE had on it i believe 

truthfully its more the logic you have a item/frame no one can EVER have , that makes you apart of this games history and development. 

umbra excal prime was similar as its china frames founder pack if memory serves 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

founders will always have a issue with us getting something similar to them

i dont think we will ever see Excalibur prime return and that should keep them happy, that is what the agreement DE had on it i believe 

truthfully its more the logic you have a item/frame no one can EVER have , that makes you apart of this games history and development. 

umbra excal prime was similar as its china frames founder pack if memory serves 

Excaly, and I agree with that, I'm not to fussy over the Excal prime, due to the fact he looks quite ugly to me, Orokin key slapped to the face, and tiny gold bits here and there. And what 2 Free Pro slots?.

The reason why I want Umbra is: 1. A "Pirme" looking Excal, to match with the others 2. He looks much better in design then any other skins and 3. I just want him, due to I'm hopeing he has more Pro slots, or even a new power, or new power visuals. And lastly: New Lore/Mission.

And I'm going to be quite frank with you, the time to make this is moreless just a delay, then "Oh we need to think of good lore", its nothing more then a excuse. I don't mind farming him, if its not too stupid, but I whuold be more greatful if he is buyable in the Market, (No surprise he won't be considering the hype for him, = alot of money) 

But, this is taking TOO LONG, I'm holding out on leveling my Excal, or buying any new skins or such, until Umbra is out, I do like the Proto-Skin, but its colors are hard to do, and you can't even color the one part. Tho I have to admit the new Helmets look wonderful.

But yes, I want to spend time and Forma on the Umbra/Prime Excal, not the normal one. As I don't want to waste such, if another is going to be better. Unless I REALLY like the Warframe I will, despite a new Prime or not. As if I kown there is a Prime coming, I'll save my time or if I like the warframe spend time on that, then make a real better build on the Prime one. Thus I did with Ash Prime, and soon the other Primes.

The other Warframes besides Primes, are MR Fodder, or Alt Skin Fodder, that will be played with, but most of my Primes will be RPed with and have fully leveled/Formed and such. However old warframes with good Skins, like the Valkyrie one, I have spent time in, as I like it.

But, unless we're wrong and we will get it as a Xmas Gift: A.K.A Tomorrow or Friday(If DE work on Friday that is), but if not its just going to be another dispointed part, and quite frankly its stopping me from playing Excal at all. (Tho I really want to).

So sad to say, they need to just get it into gear and give us Umbra and I'm telling you now, Hell will break lose, if they delay it until U19. As we JUST got U18, U19 is like another 3-4mouths away. and that is BS.

This Xmas, or very early next year, I expect Jan or Feb, no later.