The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Steve said that somebody has been realy vicious on his twitter about umbras, was that you? :P

Anyway, he said that Umbra has some new system thingy being implemented on it and he mentioned it as another reason why it is not coming yet.

Still no estimated date tho. Pls don't explode.

You should have not been so direct, he'll definitely explode.

Not that he'd be entirely wrong though, as the system is still in the pre-development stage apparently and after all this time it's a bit disappointing.

What Steve was clearly trying to say is that they released a lot of contents last year, especially at the end, lots of frames and such; I'm pretty sure he can't explain himself why we're so focused on Umbra and he probably thought all the contents should have distracted us..

Truly? How utterly disappointing.

Boring. What did I miss Umbra wise?

Anyway, well......Umbra topic was covered during last devstream!!! Isn't it awesome??

Oh?

Yup, event details have been datamined and that's exactly what's gonna happen. Edited by siralextraffo

Steve said that somebody has been realy vicious on his twitter about umbras, was that you? :P

Anyway, he said that Umbra has some new system thingy being implemented on it and he mentioned it as another reason why it is not coming yet.

Imo, whoever sending hate through twitter is just a kid behaving like BornWithTeeth's stalker's operator description. I guess there's no need to go further on this kind if thoughts, so I'm not doing it.

About the wait, even tough Steve said "I guess about two months" (or something like that) I'm already starting to think of umbra coming on June/July simply to get amazed if the release is confirmed before (anyways, I wouldn't like to wait 2 years like we did for Mios, which didn't cone with a new system nor anything special but itself)

We don't know yet. "Umbra is sort of dark side of Primes", that's all we know.

basically they could very well still be orokin made just a different division from the "primes" or original frames

umbras could be prototypes, 1 off variants of frames , or implement a new system based 

at this point its its up in the air

but as the umbra system has been mentioned it leads us to the concept that the umbras will be based towards this system and have stats that rival the primes. just different.

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

You know what this smells like? Focus mechnanic copy pasta - now your frame can go to school too!

And of coruse now they can sell you all the frames again.

That makes 2-3 variants per frame.

Standard, Pimped prime/shop-skin, umbra.

Hooray.

And of course umbra weapons. Those will go to school too. I will send my dragon nikana to dog school so it can go and retrieve the hearts of my enemies from their torsoes on command....

Oh and Umbra Sentinels and Umbra dog-things.

Umbra mods?

UMBRA! Because that's not a word that souds more stupid every time you say it again....

You know what this smells like? Focus mechnanic copy pasta - now your frame can go to school too!

Hooray.

And of course umbra weapons. Those will go to school too. I will send my dragon nikana to dog school so it can go and retrieve the hearts of my enemies from their torsoes on command....

Umbra mods?

UMBRA! Because that's not a word that souds more stupid every time you say it again....

But we dont even know the system yet....

No I don't have a Twitter account and I can't be bothered to make one for such a pointless purpose.

After all this time, his new 'system' still is not ready? Really? 

What Steve was clearly trying to say is that they released a lot of contents last year, especially at the end, lots of frames and such; I'm pretty sure he can't explain himself why we're so focused on Umbra and he probably thought all the contents should have distracted us..

Nothing will ever distract us from Umbra. Hopefully they've learned that by now.

No I don't have a Twitter account and I can't be bothered to make one for such a pointless purpose.

Nothing will ever distract us from Umbra. Hopefully they've learned that by now.

They did by the sounds of it, they really got under his skin, and if this keeps up, he did say at some point: "If this is what you want, then here you go"

Without this "System" that are trying to "make"

I have to ask Red, what you think of all this now that stave opened up and pretty much was shaken up a bit?

Yea, but I still think they can't understand why all the hassle; I honestly didn't feel Steve was shaken up, he always seems a bit upset when speaking of Umbra, like "goddamit is that really what you won't?? Alright, get it and leave me f**king be".

Of course he's polite and reasonable during Devstreams, but that's the message I get, hidden behind the kind words; I can't blame it for that tho, I only feel like a bit more of a communication would help.

And a Twitter "attack" sure can't help getting things better, it's a bit disgusting.

Devstream words:

Steve: - We do have an idea for a system that we've not worked a lot on for Umbra, it may get to the point where we just say "Ok, if that's what you guys really want...

Rebecca: - It is!!!

Steve: - ....but we still have this kind of thing we're sort of working on so I can't promise anytime, I'm really sorry that it's not out yet. We're making lots of interesting and new Warframes, all the time, we have two kind of in a cook right now as well so [...] that's what happening.

[....]

Geoff: - It's a pretty big content sink as well..

Steve: - Yes. We wanted to get Minky kind of buying on the concept and he was like "YES" and then he worked on it for a bit and he went "NOO"

Edited by siralextraffo

They did by the sounds of it, they really got under his skin, and if this keeps up, he did say at some point: "If this is what you want, then here you go"

Without this "System" that are trying to "make"

I have to ask Red, what you think of all this now that stave opened up and pretty much was shaken up a bit?

I'm a little relieved. It's good that Steve has kind of recognised that people just want Umbra, for Umbra. 

I can honestly say I'm also relieved they are seeing that people who want Umbra only really want the frame itself. A lot of us didn't ask for a whole new system to be implemented. We just wanted the damn frame. Maybe add a codex entry explaining why he's called Umbra.

I get that more cinematic quests are great but at this rate it'll take a year. From the looks of it they are still undecided what this system will be. Why not devote the resources for Cinematic Quests into other stuff about the lore like how the Grineer and Corpus leaders are reacting to the Sentient presence. I still don't get why they still haven't got any clue how to implement Umbra. It's nearing the end of January for crying out loud. Seems the devs still haven't gotten over the holiday vacation during December.

I'm a little relieved. It's good that Steve has kind of recognised that people just want Umbra, for Umbra.

Yea, but I still think they can't understand why all the hassle; I honestly didn't feel Steve was shaken up, he always seems a bit upset when speaking of Umbra, like "goddamit is that really what you won't?? Alright, get it and leave me f**king be".

Of course he's polite and reasonable during Devstreams, but that's the message I get, hidden behind the kind words; I can't blame it for that tho, I only feel like a bit more of a communication would help.

And a Twitter "attack" sure can't help getting things better, it's a bit disgusting.

I can honestly say I'm also relieved they are seeing that people who want Umbra only really want the frame itself. A lot of us didn't ask for a whole new system to be implemented. We just wanted the damn frame. Maybe add a codex entry explaining why he's called Umbra.

I get that more cinematic quests are great but at this rate it'll take a year. From the looks of it they are still undecided what this system will be. Why not devote the resources for Cinematic Quests into other stuff about the lore like how the Grineer and Corpus leaders are reacting to the Sentient presence. I still don't get why they still haven't got any clue how to implement Umbra. It's nearing the end of January for crying out loud. Seems the devs still haven't gotten over the holiday vacation during December.

That is true, and while no one should wish that upon anyone, its kinder what you get if you make something like this that is VERY hot topic, and then delay it cuz of a "System" and even making promises that it will be out way before now . This topic of Umbra is really sensitive to alot of people and joking around, Ingoreing comments and not evening giveing us any Info at all besides "W.I.P" or "Soon" is generally NOT acceptable with such a topic.

I'm just saying, but all this chuold of been avoided if they just GAVE us Umbra, and THEN worry about Codex Stuff another time. or Have a quest tied to Umbra AFTER hes out.

Do we really need some fancy slideshow showing what a "Umbra" is?

No...We Don't

Uh, I'm in the opposite position. If people harass the devs so much that they say "Fine. If all you want is Umbra's appearance, released immediately no matter what, then you can have it", and they release Umbra as just an Excalibur reskin with no lore, no quest, and no system, that would absolutely not represent some kind of 'triumph' for the Warframe community. That would be the community screwing themselves out of interesting content through rather childish behaviour.

Also, it really isn't the devs' job to put up with abuse from entitled players.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

That is true, and while no one should wish that upon anyone, its kinder what you get if you make something like this that is VERY hot topic, and then delay it cuz of a "System" and even making promises that it will be out way before now . This topic of Umbra is really sensitive to alot of people and joking around, Ingoreing comments and not evening giveing us any Info at all besides "W.I.P" or "Soon" is generally NOT acceptable with such a topic.

I'm just saying, but all this chuold of been avoided if they just GAVE us Umbra, and THEN worry about Codex Stuff another time. or Have a quest tied to Umbra AFTER hes out.

Do we really need some fancy slideshow showing what a "Umbra" is?

No...We Don't

Dunno, I like the idea; I'm not saying it's necessary, as it's clearly not, but a recent poll here in the forums showed that many of us would prefer a lore tied release, which was surprising.

I honestly feel that another way to avoid the issue without being forced to release a content not like the creators want was to communicate better with the community from the very beginning.

If, from the start, we had a "Yes, that's Umbra Excalibur, you'll get a very close version too but it won't be here before early 2016, sorry", no one would have felt hanged on the topic without knowing anything.

Uh, I'm in the opposite position. If people harass the devs so much that they say "Fine. If all you want is Umbra's appearance, released immediately no matter what, then you can have it", and they release Umbra as just an Excalibur reskin with no lore, no quest, and no system, that would absolutely not represent some kind of 'triumph' for the Warframe community. That would be the community screwing themselves out of interesting content through rather childish behaviour.

I agree, doesn't sound like a victory if it ends up like that.

Also, a few pictures to enforce the Stalker-Umbra connection:

http://imgur.com/a/mr1Ds

Edited by siralextraffo

Dunno, I like the idea; I'm not saying it's necessary, as it's clearly not, but a recent poll here in the forums showed that many of us would prefer a lore tied release, which was surprising.

I honestly feel that another way to avoid the issue without being forced to release a content not like the creators want was to communicate better with the community from the very beginning.

If, from the start, we had a "Yes, that's Umbra Excalibur, you'll get a very close version too but it won't be here before early 2016, sorry", no one would have felt hanged on the topic without knowing anything.

I really can't stand BWT, any longer but that I won't get into, But I find that we don't need some fancy sideshow showing what a Umbra frame is, its not like the Ult qeastion "What is a Warframe" or "Who is the Tenno".

Its just telling us what a Umbra is, they do not need a slideshow to show it, Sure i can accept having a quest, if they want "Some Lore"

A esay way of doing this is, like we had with Chroma, The Sim dude wants to find out more about Umbra, we find him, scan him, kill him, have his parts, build him

Boom.

No need for a "Second Dream slideshow" showing of what like a PA trailer does.

Yes you've made it very clear from the start that you're not excited about Excalibur Umbra. That's why it's easy for you to say things like this. The devs job is to make the community grow and stay happy about the game. I've been very patient when Excalibur Umbra was revealed to us in July. In fact it was only December that I started to react negatively to their indecisiveness. It's when devs break their word about his release date that I start to get a little pissed.

You know something is wrong when even the Community Manager is telling Steve that it's what the community wants and still the Devs turn a blind eye. Taking a little from siralextraffo:

Steve: - We do have an idea for a system that we've not worked a lot on for Umbra, it may get to the point where we just say "Ok, if that's what you guys really want...

I really can't stand BWT, any longer but that I won't get into, But I find that we don't need some fancy sideshow showing what a Umbra frame is, its not like the Ult qeastion "What is a Warframe" or "Who is the Tenno".

Its just telling us what a Umbra is, they do not need a slideshow to show it, Sure i can accept having a quest, if they want "Some Lore"

A esay way of doing this is, like we had with Chroma, The Sim dude wants to find out more about Umbra, we find him, scan him, kill him, have his parts, build him

Boom.

No need for a "Second Dream slideshow" showing of what like a PA trailer does.

That's true, probably even a small codex entry like the Simaris scanning targets bits of lore would do; can't deny it would be exciting to have a quest related to it, but that doesn't mean every quest must now be like Second Dream, unless they find a way not to slow the release rate while keeping that quality.

But maybe it's not about the lore, it's about the actual release way, farming or non farming, market or non market, drops or non drops....

Hooray.

Umbra mods?

if you would listen or do research about the sayings of the dev's you could know that there will be only very less umbra's

i also could imagine - and im not always free of it as well as i hold myself back then - that the dev's dont aim to pi55 us off, the only ones in the whole economy-part of this planet which dont care about are the marketing people, even they will die out in around 500 years XD

a little series of warframes, not all ^^)

Edited by Guest

Yes you've made it very clear from the start that you're not excited about Excalibur Umbra. That's why it's easy for you to say things like this. The devs job is to make the community grow and stay happy about the game. I've been very patient when Excalibur Umbra was revealed to us in July. In fact it was only December that I started to react negatively to their indecisiveness. It's when devs break their word about his release date that I start to get a little pissed.

You know something is wrong when even the Community Manager is telling Steve that it's what the community wants and still the Devs turn a blind eye. Taking a little from siralextraffo:

Excaly...

That's true, probably even a small codex entry like the Simaris scanning targets bits of lore would do; can't deny it would be exciting to have a quest related to it, but that doesn't mean every quest must now be like Second Dream, unless they find a way not to slow the release rate while keeping that quality.

But maybe it's not about the lore, it's about the actual release way, farming or non farming, market or non market, drops or non drops....

Excaly X2