The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Yes you've made it very clear from the start that you're not excited about Excalibur Umbra. That's why it's easy for you to say things like this. The devs job is to make the community grow and stay happy about the game. I've been very patient when Excalibur Umbra was revealed to us in July. In fact it was only December that I started to react negatively to their indecisiveness. It's when devs break their word about his release date that I start to get a little pissed.

You know something is wrong when even the Community Manager is telling Steve that it's what the community wants and still the Devs turn a blind eye. Taking a little from siralextraffo:

Steve: - We do have an idea for a system that we've not worked a lot on for Umbra, it may get to the point where we just say "Ok, if that's what you guys really want...

Rebecca: - It is!!!

That's not at all what he said. I for one, am quite hyped about it, but at the same time, I'd rather have them take their time and release it later, rather than punt it out for us unfinished because people were whining.Just because he doesn't feverishly flame Steve doesn't mean he, or anyone for that matter, isn't excited for the Umbras. They are coming, so sit down and put down the 

Chances are Umbras will most likely appear in U18.5. Or at the very latest, U19, from my perspective.

The Shadow Debt Event should shine some light on the Umbras, but until it releases today (Monday) or the day after tomorrow (Wednesday), we can't be sure.

That's not at all what he said. I for one, am quite hyped about it, but at the same time, I'd rather have them take their time and release it later, rather than punt it out for us unfinished because people were whining.Just because he doesn't feverishly flame Steve doesn't mean he, or anyone for that matter, isn't excited for the Umbras. They are coming, so sit down and put down the 

Chances are Umbras will most likely appear in U18.5. Or at the very latest, U19, from my perspective.

The Shadow Debt Event should shine some light on the Umbras, but until it releases today (Monday) or the day after tomorrow (Wednesday), we can't be sure.

I have absolutely no interest in Umbra...as a comparatively meaningless Excalibur reskin. I am enormously interested in Umbra as a fully functional Warframe variant with its own place in the lore, at least equivalent to Primes.

@PrVonTuck Read a few pages back. BornWithTeeth isn't excited about Excalibur Umbra as a skin at all. What's ironic is that Prime versions are nothing more than reskins with upgraded stats. I'm 90% sure that what we will be getting with this so called Umbra System is exactly that. A reskin of a Warframe with upgraded stats. They are just thinking of a way on how they will deliver that. Sorta like how Primes are acquired through void missions.

It's wishful thinking to say that Excalibur Umbra will be radically different ability wise to Excalibur. Also Excalibur Umbra as far as game models and animations go is probably finished and "fully functional". In terms of lore, the only thing Umbras need to be equivalent to primes is a codex entry and a vague description telling us where the Umbras came from sorta like how we know Primes are versions of Warframes made by the Orokin. That's all we know about Prime versions.

Expecting and wanting this grand lore for Umbra when they haven't even expanded on the lore for Primes and the Orokin era is what is puzzling for me. Why do we need this deep cinematic Umbra lore in the first place when 90% of people who were even attracted to Umbra was because of his "Reskin". Why not expand on lore on stuff that has actually been with us for years and we still only know very basic things about like Primes and the Orokin

Don't get confused though. I'd be really happy if they actually made this cool quest for Umbra but with the way things are going and the way Devs are pissed everytime they are asked about it I feel like they don't even want to work on it at all. If they really wanted to work on it they won't make all these excuses about their schedules and all these things they have to do. They would just work on it instead of brushing it off then announcing that they are working on two completely new Warframes without even starting on what they have planned for Umbra. If the Devs themselves don't feel like working on this now and most of the community wants Umbra for the Frame/Skin/Upgraded stats then I honestly can't see why they need to drag this out.

Yes you've made it very clear from the start that you're not excited about Excalibur Umbra. That's why it's easy for you to say things like this. The devs job is to make the community grow and stay happy about the game. I've been very patient when Excalibur Umbra was revealed to us in July. In fact it was only December that I started to react negatively to their indecisiveness. It's when devs break their word about his release date that I start to get a little pissed.

You know something is wrong when even the Community Manager is telling Steve that it's what the community wants and still the Devs turn a blind eye. Taking a little from siralextraffo:

Steve: - We do have an idea for a system that we've not worked a lot on for Umbra, it may get to the point where we just say "Ok, if that's what you guys really want...

Rebecca: - It is!!!

you should have included the rest of what DE steve said. you cut it to make it look like steve isn't interested in releasing umbra at all. what i got from that blurb was they haven't worked on umbra for some time due to focus shifting on the second dream and then the holidays as well. there is current'y nothing fleshed out, but if you want it like that (no fleshing out  the concept of umbra) just having it as an uninteresting prime knock off. then sure, heck might cut the whole process down by releasing it as a deluxe skin. 

just let them work on it and settle on a way to make it interesting while keeping the community satisfied.

you should have included the rest of what DE steve said. you cut it to make it look like steve isn't interested in releasing umbra at all. what i got from that blurb was they haven't worked on umbra for some time due to focus shifting on the second dream and then the holidays as well. there is current'y nothing fleshed out, but if you want it like that (no fleshing out  the concept of umbra) just having it as an uninteresting prime knock off. then sure, heck might cut the whole process down by releasing it as a deluxe skin. 

just let them work on it and settle on a way to make it interesting while keeping the community satisfied.

This ^^^

it definitely would be nice to see what they develop on it.

what could this "umbra system" entail?

is it a new focus path specific to umbras?

is it a special passive for umbras  (void damage to poison sentients maybe?)

or something else

at this time we can only speculate...

i think we should think hard on the possible concepts of what the layout or base idea for that may have or be

I was wondering, do you think Chines Excalibur Umbra Prime is an actual Prime?

Because, if we assume as a fact that "Prime=Orokin made", it would mean Excalibur Umbra Prime was created during the Old War by the Orokins and has nothing to do with Sentients, or at least is not made by them.

It could maybe mean they were able to stabilyze the Sentients technology and apply to the warframes? Like:

- Orokins create the Sentients

- Sentients rebel against the Orokins

- Orokins create the Warframes(Prime) and build them around the Tenno

- Orokins possibly create normal versions of warframes to enlarge the army as Prime ones were very expensive?

- They are able to stabilyze the Sentients technology and fuse it with the warframe ones, creating the Umbra versions

100% wild speculation, but the Prime version of Umbra Excalibur probably means it's Orokin made at the very least.

I was wondering, do you think Chines Excalibur Umbra Prime is an actual Prime?

Because, if we assume as a fact that "Prime=Orokin made", it would mean Excalibur Umbra Prime was created during the Old War by the Orokins and has nothing to do with Sentients, or at least is not made by them.

It could maybe mean they were able to stabilyze the Sentients technology and apply to the warframes? Like:

- Orokins create the Sentients

- Sentients rebel against the Orokins

- Orokins create the Warframes(Prime) and build them around the Tenno

- Orokins possibly create normal versions of warframes to enlarge the army as Prime ones were very expensive?

- They are able to stabilyze the Sentients technology and fuse it with the warframe ones, creating the Umbra versions

100% wild speculation, but the Prime version of Umbra Excalibur probably means it's Orokin made at the very least.

read this and had to go think on it .... this is to my knowledge base..

-primes are the original warframe designs that the mass made are based off 

-sentients are an enemy form out in space /dimension that is invading our reality/universe hunhow destroyer of worlds ect...

-built the tennocyte which resulted in tenno and infested, infested matter gene spliced and genetically modified with a system involved to develop warframes from it then went to develop the "prime" templates

-sentient tech to umbra is possible, but many have made note that chroma shares traits and ability to adapt and change based on energy color

this is reflective of sentient adaption to damage the auras they have change color if memory serves 

and its "pelt" has wings that share sentient design ...

but it is possible that umbra type was the "last ditch effort" to fight the sentient /infested

as they did possibly discover some untapped power/ability and  this is the  unknown system we are awaiting

i still think void energy will have something to do with this......

as we know void energy is toxic to sentients and also as hunhow puts it" a womb int the sky, denied to my kind" 

and as lotus"natah" lost her ability to reproduce and possibly her "mental state as a sentient" as she now thinks more like.. human/orokin .. a little...

#lovemotherlotus?

or its built to combat a up and coming sentient enemies that the orokin forsaw near their end and left it behind as a "final" act of defiance to preserve the tenno and orokin cultures (tenno are orokin children soeven if we are monsters, they are the last true orokin in mass we know off..)

but again the prime umbra concept does lead us into this grey field more so then before... 

The Sentients aren't truly alien though. The Orokin made their precursor forms. The Sentients are the descendants of a wildly adaptive force of terraforming artificial lifeforms created by the Orokin and sent to Tau.

Exactly. There is little room to debate when both Archimedian Perintol in the Crewman Synthesis and Lotus before you enter the Void in the Second Dream both utter the exact same line: "The Void is poison to them." I'm pretty sure the biggest mystery of the Sentients now is how Hunhow came to be, how he is the mind of them all, how he's the "Sentient".

Edited by LazerSkink

Exactly. There is little room to debate when both Archimedian Perintol in the Crewman Synthesis and Lotus before you enter the Void in the Second Dream both utter the exact same line: "The Void is poison to them." I'm pretty sure the biggest mystery of the Sentients now is how Hunhow came to be, how he is the mind of them all, how he's the "Sentient".

I would say that starfish-like creature/machine was Hunhow in his infancy. He probably grew and became intelligent as he became more complex via adaptation. It's also interesting how he calls himself "Destroyer of Worlds". In order to terraform a planet, you would essentially have to destroy/remake the surface and/or atmosphere. I think he came up with this title by using his original precept as the basis.

The Sentients aren't truly alien though. The Orokin made their precursor forms. The Sentients are the descendants of a wildly adaptive force of terraforming artificial lifeforms created by the Orokin and sent to Tau.

its could be that the sentient artificial lifeforms are as such because they themselves gained sentience and as maybe one of the original drones who did gain it, he is the "elder" an taught it to his brethren/sisters children ? 

posted discussions on them being called "stalker acolytes" 

as well as the images of the actual acolytes themselves

along with the event being alad v favor being called in

Oh..... well yeah i guess, but that was very obvious. There was almost nothing to call, It was stuck right in our face to see. Something to call would be idk having limited info about umbra but still predicting things correctly.

posted discussions on them being called "stalker acolytes" 

as well as the images of the actual acolytes themselves

along with the event being alad v favor being called in

Oh..... well yeah i guess, but that was very obvious. There was almost nothing to call, It was stuck right in our face to see. Something to call would be idk having limited info about umbra but still predicting things correctly.

Yeah, I don't know if it can be said that "We totally called it" when it was pretty obvious what it was going to be about. Alad V calling in his debt, and something about Shadow Acolytes.

there were quite a few names discussed 

(though im thinking ill take a day off work for it on consoles..those mods are op) 

sadly most of the info  discussed was "erased" on the subject 

while keeping the community satisfied.

Your jokein right?

Look mite, if Steve wants to keep us "Satisfied", they release Umbra already 

Edit: Wow, what happened there?, my apologizes, No idea why I said Mite, and not Mate 

Edited by LegionCynex

OP EDIT:

added in some new content based on discussions

Umbra stats and videos, DE- News , Stalker content , 

stalker related concepts are in a new red stalker section

if anyone has the time please look it over and give me some feedback

im also thinking of condensing the OP into different sections 

also may need help naming or re-naming sections

if any of you have time please review the current OP and make suggestions it is appreciated 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako