The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

should be the 16th, I know they were behind but I don't believe they'd even announce trinitys departure unless the new prime was coming exactly a week after she's gone.

its speculation still , the 9th is the only sure thing in the twitter post

when we get the teaser vid then we will have a better idea. many are speculating 16-23 as a good drop day

After Second Dream, I destroyed my original Excalibur, my starter Warframe. You see, it was the only Warframe onboard my orbiter whose construction I had not personally overseen. I had no idea what kinds of traps or killswitches were left in it.

I hunted Ambulas for forty-five minutes to gather the blueprints, and I built another Excalibur, one which I knew would be clean, not bugged or rigged by the Orokin.

Not joking either, I actually did this.

You fool!!! You should of gave it to me. Do you have any idea how much an Orokin made Excalibur is worth!!!? I would of put the prisms skin on it and it would almost be prime.

You fool!!! You should of gave it to me. Do you have any idea how much an Orokin made Excalibur is worth!!!? I would of put the prisms skin on it and it would almost be prime.

lol

but in all honesty i think umbra will be an eared frame. and we wont need to recycle reuse the standard(s)

though..i keep thinking we will have to undergo some weird orokin ritual. time to meditate under a waterfall.... 

I agree that using vanilla frames to build their umbra version might be crazy, anyways due to the last trend of weapons using other weapons to be crafted, i would expect them to put a new branch of warframes which requires another version of it to build.

I would find myself just building a new second Excalibur and using that to build Umbra rather than use my multi-formaed regular. Also, it just sounds like another annoying way to pad out the wait time for building, so on the frame to build a frame idea, I'm gonna pass entirely because half the time when I build a weapon that requires another weapon, it's one I wound up throwing in the trash a long time ago and I gotta build it all over again just to build the main. No thank you.

it could possibly introduce new items/resources to craft

i.e. umbra based items

ex

shadowed fragment

umbra crystal 

umbra core

to the mix 

may make it harder or easier.

and there will be more umbras then excal so it bodes thought that they need to make it attainable and simple enough for multiple frames to use this template

it could possibly introduce new items/resources to craft

i.e. umbra based items

ex

shadowed fragment

umbra crystal 

umbra core

to the mix 

may make it harder or easier.

and there will be more umbras then excal so it bodes thought that they need to make it attainable and simple enough for multiple frames to use this template

are these datamined?

been contemplating this, if the system(s) for umbra are attainable in void mission like a prime parts i think that would be fair, but it would also increase things in drop table. might be easier if they were secluded to a different system or area.

maybe in the rift (limbo theorem) that could explain why they have not yet been discovered and makes a lore connection 

or possible stuck in the void (similar top the moon) on a hidden area or something that eliminates some drops and brings the umbra systems /parts in so the drop rates remain the same 

OP: EDIT

cleaning up OP for ease of access . 

and put in an explanation of the spoiler category and use 

To be honest, unless umbra has different powers... :/ I'll just stick to my prime frames. Don't need another reskin with slightly better stats.. If that's the case, I'd rather these Umbria come out faster, and they just be turned into cosmetic skins so I don't have to blow $60 on it for same content that looks a little different.

To be honest, unless umbra has different powers... :/ I'll just stick to my prime frames. Don't need another reskin with slightly better stats.. If that's the case, I'd rather these Umbria come out faster, and they just be turned into cosmetic skins so I don't have to blow $60 on it for same content that looks a little different.

they have already stated the umbras will be different from other frames so they arnt just a  reskin 

and will have access to the umbra system, whatever that may be .... hopefully more revealed in the coming dev stream 

So the DEVs have said they didn't want to just put umbra in without any backstory, but I feel they have a great opportunity right now to make a leap in lore that will allow umbras.

Since on PC we just had the shadow debt operation, and that was stalker followers that were angry that he was killed, perhaps these weren't followers as much as drones. Since Stalker was orokin he might have had access to the same technology that allowed the orokin towers to make invaders into protectors which he used to make "stalker corrupted:. Perhaps Stalker or his followers adapted this technology to affect tenno or warframes, thus resulting in the umbra version of warframes. 

Edited by thirtieth_king

I don't personally believe they'll put in Umbras for at least a while.

They made it China-exclusive because reasons.  Giving it to us will upset the China players (especially China founders who had to pay for it) so they likely won't bother with it for a while.

If nothing else, they'll finish up Primes for (almost) every frame first before introducing Umbra ones.  If they do Umbra now then they'll 'dilute the drop tables' and people will just complain about it.