The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I dunno man. I just wish they all could be Californian girls.

ill not say anything on that subject [in California]

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

That doesn't make sense though. All frames eventually get deluxe skins and Primes, but not Umbras? It would make sense if they meant a limited set of weapons like Vandal, Wraith, Dex, Prime, Prisma. Not every weapon is going to get one of those. There are too many. 

didnt say it was fair, but thats what we have to work with 

thus why we are trying to figure implementation methods 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

what about he orokin marked ones?

certain frames have orokin words or symbols inscribed 

I believe that the Umbra were created for other porpuse aside of the old war, possibly made after the war.

Look in Stalker Lore, he was a "Guardian" (I didn't added low, I don't believe it's part of the title), could be that Umbras frames controlled by tenno turned into guardians?

you may want to check the OP stalker section / acolytes , if you havent read it already

we did discuss that though

3 minutes ago, firelordzx5 said:

I believe that the Umbra were created for other porpuse aside of the old war, possibly made after the war.

Look in Stalker Lore, he was a "Guardian" (I didn't added low, I don't believe it's part of the title), could be that Umbras frames controlled by tenno turned into guardians?

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Why can't they all be Umbra? 

Probably because it would just end up being unnecessary filler content. I can understand the need and want for Excalibur Umbra, what with the Prime variant being exclusive and all. However, I can't really see why we would need Umbra variants for other frames, as it has been stated before that every frame is eligible to be Primed.

15 hours ago, firelordzx5 said:

He says he was... 

I say I am a '95 Ford Taurus. Do you believe me?

Second Dream revelations contradict the story Stalker tells us. He's nuts. Like some of the players who don't like Second Dream, he wishes for and made up a different story. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus
I can haz gramerr,

13 hours ago, Apoc001 said:

im surprised no1 has given thought to Umbras having increased power stats

however this would be following the direction that Umbras are superior to previous variants

some have pondered that, but overly increased stats would have community backlash. 

one suggestion was a increase in one area while decreasing another , typical double edge sword concept, gain power in one way, less in another 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

some have pondered that, but overly increased stats would have community backlash. 

one suggestion was a increase in one area while decreasing another , typical double edge sword concept, gain power in one way, less in another 

they wouldnt necessarily need to be overly increased, 10-15% would be good enough

it really depends what it is that DE wants Umbras to be 

3 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

they wouldnt necessarily need to be overly increased, 10-15% would be good enough

it really depends what it is that DE wants Umbras to be 

i understand, the trade off concept still applies, because it would need to balance out. two vartiations with different stats and setups from original would be nice 

On 3/3/2016 at 7:14 PM, ChickenLover42 said:

Probably because it would just end up being unnecessary filler content. I can understand the need and want for Excalibur Umbra, what with the Prime variant being exclusive and all. However, I can't really see why we would need Umbra variants for other frames, as it has been stated before that every frame is eligible to be Primed.

I don't see them making an umbra for EVERY warframe, there would just be no reason for it if they're just slight variations of primes. That's not to say I don't completely and wholeheartedly require umbra in my life, because I do....DE....plz <3

24 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

I don't see them making an umbra for EVERY warframe, there would just be no reason for it if they're just slight variations of primes. That's not to say I don't completely and wholeheartedly require umbra in my life, because I do....DE....plz <3

Is a way to give non-founders an excal prime and I want them to do dat.

Cuz im sick of ppl being so hyped about seeing excal prime. I dont want to be that guy that has something I cant have thingy. -_-

1 hour ago, Kogashi said:

Is a way to give non-founders an excal prime and I want them to do dat.

Cuz im sick of ppl being so hyped about seeing excal prime. I dont want to be that guy that has something I cant have thingy. -_-

That's not why they're releasing Umbra. He was made for the Chinese build of the game to help fund it, since they couldn't just re-release Excali-Prime there. DE isn't trying to give people a psuedo prime, they're making Umbra his own thing.

Spoiler

(Personally I think umbra looks better than Excalibur Prime, but I HAVE been using him for around 3 years now so he's gotten a bit stale compared to the other primes)

57 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

That's not why they're releasing Umbra. He was made for the Chinese build of the game to help fund it, since they couldn't just re-release Excali-Prime there. DE isn't trying to give people a psuedo prime, they're making Umbra his own thing.

Hide contents

(Personally I think umbra looks better than Excalibur Prime, but I HAVE been using him for around 3 years now so he's gotten a bit stale compared to the other primes)

Excal Prime is never going to come back because its in the contract that they made for when founders bought the pack. If they bring Excal Prime back, they'll be breaking the contract with founders.

21 minutes ago, kingfirejet said:

Excal Prime is never going to come back because its in the contract that they made for when founders bought the pack. If they bring Excal Prime back, they'll be breaking the contract with founders.

As @Demoonic said, that's why DE created umbra. To give an exclusive to their players, an exclusive allowing them to get something alike global build founders pack with no need of breaking the contract signed with founders. I guess a similar promise might have been done to LeYou, ehich kight be the reason why DE didn't expect global build players to discover Umbra Excalibur Prime, and the same reason why our Umbra is getting a slightly different appearance and lore to justify him.

Well guys, yet another Devstream goes by without so much as a mention of Umbra. Yet another Warframe created from scratch goes by while Umbra sits on a shelf, completely ready to be released save for some lore that isn't entirely necessary for his release. Yet another week goes by where DE has an opportunity to at least shed some light on the situation and they continue to treat the elephant in the room like it doesn't exist. I'm sure Inaros will be cool. I'm sure he'll be really innovative. I'm sure i'll love collecting kavats just as much as I love my Kubrows and Sentinels. But I'm finding it harder and harder to get excited for this brand new stuff when they keep acting like Umbra doesn't exist. If they're gonna take forever working on this at least give us updates on the progress, even if it's absolutely minimal. It has become pure ignorance at this point.

9 minutes ago, iamDDips said:

I dont see what all the fuss is about excalibur himself is pretty op, do we really need a 3rd excalibur, jesus get over it. If they were to add umbra, just make it a skin.

Just a skin? After almost 10 months of a fully developed frame sitting in the bench waiting to be released? After all this time of listening DE saying that they want "something special" for him, and no giving any acurate info? You must be joking 

29 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Just a skin? After almost 10 months of a fully developed frame sitting in the bench waiting to be released? After all this time of listening DE saying that they want "something special" for him, and no giving any acurate info? You must be joking 

Give this player all the 'Likes'.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I am always kind of weirded out by how mad people get about Excalibur Prime. First time I saw it on the wiki, and read that it was Founder's exclusive and wouldn't be released again, my response was "Oh, cool, that must be for the people who funded the game way back when. Good for them. What's that? Rhino Prime? Ooooh!"

I just....seriously, why? Why are people so hung up on it?

Im not sure now becuase we are getting Umbra so who cares about prime any more. Though before people just wanted an upgraded golden excal or the first warframe.