The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

I don't think Umbra is coming at this point and that may be why they are worried and don't want to speak to much on it because of the reaction from the community.

The less they speak, the higher the hype they'll be bringing down if umbra doesn't come, they've put themselves into a lose-lose situation and thus their only chances to win are giving us umbra or waiting until we forget about it, what is not going to happen until excal gets a proper upgraded version obtainable for everyone like Umbra (even tough it gets stuck behind pay-wall in the same way as Excalibur Prime did). 

5 minutes ago, Darth_Nox said:

Umbra will be fail. I don`t think what EU stats will be better then EP stats. 

Even if it had the same stats as excal prime, the lore related might be a good way to not make it fail, keep in mind that even tough there's alot of the community seeing umbra as a excal prime placeholder, some founders are still looking forwards to obtain him for the lore, looks, whatever. DE is wasting a good opportunity to expand the game universe here if they don't release him. 

On the other hand I'd like to know Rebecca's opinion on the matter (are we allowed to "summon" her, or somebody else, on a topic? I know it might not be the best option, but it's been a long time since we had the last official response, which was still implying umbra would make it to our build "in the future" there's still no Umbra FAQ as was promised when it was first released nor info, nor anything but "we've done nothing about it on all this time, deal with it")

If there actually happens to be an issue with Changyou, which i don't think, i would assume it's because they don't have Excalibur Prime. It wouldn't seem fair for us to have both enhanced Excalibur variants, while they have their founder's frame given by popular demand. If that was a real issue, they should get Excalibur Prime added for Excalibur Umbra as a compromise. Not sure how many founders over here would be bothered by that. I personally don't think there is any logical reason to get upset with that kind of compromise.

44 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

If there actually happens to be an issue with Changyou, which i don't think, i would assume it's because they don't have Excalibur Prime. It wouldn't seem fair for us to have both enhanced Excalibur variants, while they have their founder's frame given by popular demand. If that was a real issue, they should get Excalibur Prime added for Excalibur Umbra as a compromise. Not sure how many founders over here would be bothered by that. I personally don't think there is any logical reason to get upset with that kind of compromise.

They should at least tell us what kind of issue is keeping them away from releasing umbra to us, if it has something to do with LeYou, founders, the elder gods or whatever, telling us the reason why not a simple step forward has being given might be way better than simply doing nothing and stay closed to the topic. 

Edited by -----LegioN-----

33 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

They should at least tell us what kind of issue is keeping them away from releasing umbra to us, if it has something to do with LeYou, founders, the elder gods or whatever, telling us the reason why not a simple step forward has being given might be way better than simply doing nothing and stay closed to the topic. 

DE gave their reason as to why there is no progress on Umbra, It's just that a lot of players are not satisfied with it. We'll have to continue waiting for it and hope for word from DE if there any issues.

Edited by EmptyDevil

6 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

DE gave their reason as to why there is no progress on Umbra, It's just that a lot of players are not satisfied with it. We'll have to continue waiting for it and hope for word from DE if there any issues.

Afaik, they just gave "lore" and said to want "making him special" as excuses since long ago, it's been 8 months since umbra release date, 7 after exclusivity ended, almost 3 since the "2 months guess" from Steve, but still nothing has changed in all this time while the frame is already developed and just waiting to be released. It's pretty likely there's something else, being that unknown reason why they don't progreon it and why they don't even want to talk about Umbra.

he was never meant to be in the global build....at this moment what devs act about umbra it is nothing more than stalling in the hope ppl will forget about him and this type of threads will die 1 by 1....i hope i am wrong about this but seeing how much time we have without any info.......

1 hour ago, -MW-Marius- said:

he was never meant to be in the global build....at this moment what devs act about umbra it is nothing more than stalling in the hope ppl will forget about him and this type of threads will die 1 by 1....i hope i am wrong about this but seeing how much time we have without any info.......

Agreed, anyways if that was the case, they should have never said that we were getting umbra as they did on the start. Checking through the forums I found another thread (linked below) which has a comment linking to a faq. The link provided there "mysteriously" leads to the same topic, and copy/pasting the link to the navigation bar leads to a hidden/deleted topic.

The link is provided by (PS4)Viggorrah, and then by NovusNova. There's a copy/paste in a comment which implies that there were some responses about Umbra on the faq that was then hidden.

Timed Exclusives? Yes - we trust ChangYou's experiences and agree that in order for Warframe to appeal to an entirely new audience, some content needs to be released in Mainland China first. An example of this type of content would be Nunchaku style weapons. 

Will we get it? Yes.

Quoted text seems to be taken from the hidden faq, I couldn't quote it because thread is locked, anyways here goes the link to the thread so you can see by yourselves. 

22 hours ago, iamDDips said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about excalibur umbra.

No, you're not, but this is kind of threadcrapping dude. Almost everyone in this thread is super hyped about Umbra, and posters popping in to say "Who cares, you all should chill out" has actually caused several arguments.

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Unfortunately true. All we can do is wait :c 

1 hour ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Agreed, anyways if that was the case, they should have never said that we were getting umbra as they did on the start. Checking through the forums I found another thread (linked below) which has a comment linking to a faq. The link provided there "mysteriously" leads to the same topic, and copy/pasting the link to the navigation bar leads to a hidden/deleted topic.

The link is provided by (PS4)Viggorrah, and then by NovusNova. There's a copy/paste in a comment which implies that there were some responses about Umbra on the faq that was then hidden.

You mean this thread?

If it is, seems the topic ID got changed, leading to the old links in the Thread you quoted not working.

5 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

You mean this thread?

If it is, seems the topic ID got changed, leading to the old links in the Thread you quoted not working.

Thank You, even tough I searched a lot I couldn't find, thus I assumed the thread as disappeared. Anyways I still don't like that everything points to DE trying to make us forget about umbra by staying totally silent about it and making Rebecca stop asking about it on the devstream(s) even tough it is one of the most asked questions (as she said) 

7 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Thank You, even tough I searched a lot I couldn't find, thus I assumed the thread as disappeared. Anyways I still don't like that everything points to DE trying to make us forget about umbra by staying totally silent about it and making Rebecca stop asking about it on the devstream(s) even tough it is one of the most asked questions (as she said) 

I don't think they're trying to make us forget, they're probably just annoyed with how much the question is asked. I would be too but still, I want him more than anything ;-;

I have Excalibur Prime but even I would like Excalibur Umbra to come out.

This is a great opportunity to expand the lore and universe of the game.

That said, the recent devstream showed something like corruption in the ship.

I thought that might be how they plan to introduce Umbra.

On 19.3.2016 at 9:26 AM, siralextraffo said:

That's actually appropriate, you should maybe watch the first 5 minutes, as the "Steve sent to look for info on Umbra" was simply a joke to introduce the serious question Rebecca made and Scott's answer was very, very annoyed, he literally asked her to stop asking about Umbra. 

I always thought Steve's eyes were saying the same while he was politely speaking about the matter, Scott simply voiced it. 

So yea, you maybe should watch it, I don't feel it was "way better". 

unprofessional, rude, totally useless for paying customers, scott should get a warning-point

seriously

im customer here and i again stopped watching since the devstream before devstreams, i dont wanna be joked, fooled, ruled or whatever by a company which get supported with my money

as simple and even more as clear as that, no discussion here

we are all humans and im tired of things like that, more then absolutely, this people live from our cash !

there is no excuse for things like that

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Umbra at this point is LAST on there priority list, to many other projects come first.

I would rather DE focus on new content than a reskin of something we already have.

I agree, they should stop working in primed stuff for a while. It fits the "reskin of something we already have" description of things they should stop working on in order to fix or improve the game.

20 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

No, you're not, but this is kind of threadcrapping dude. Almost everyone in this thread is super hyped about Umbra, and posters popping in to say "Who cares, you all should chill out" has actually caused several arguments.

"Who cares, you all should chill out" what I posted doesn't relate to that and if people take it the wrong way its not my fault. People "threadcrap" all over posts everywhere all the time, even mine several times. I wouldnt mind if they made an umbra skin for excalibur, I just dont think it should be another excalibur then everyone will be ditching the original.

Edited by iamDDips

1 hour ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I agree, they should stop working in primed stuff for a while. It fits the "reskin of something we already have" description of things they should stop working on in order to fix or improve the game.

You know, I'm not sure that I disagree with your (sarcastic) comment here, really.

I'd be super interested if the plan was for there to be no new Prime for a little while, and instead, the focus was going to be on new enemies, new star map, and radically expanding options to do with the Operators. Especially that last one.

If someone said "Hey, I'll cut you a deal. Excalibur Umbra, people have been waiting for that 'frame for eight months. So, for the next eight months, there's going to be no new Prime equipment. None. Not even a reshuffle of the drop tables. Instead, we're going to rework Operator cosmetics, dialogue, and speech options, allowing you to choose 'Attitudes' or 'Tones' for the Operator, and we're gonna do a quest which involves healing their atrophy, allowing you to use them as the avatar character for walking around the Orbiter and Dojo. What do you say?" I would sign up immediately. 100%.

@iamDDips

Eh, fair enough. I just don't really get the concern. It comes or it doesn't, everyone uses it or they don't. I'm interested for the lore, not the skin.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

2 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

All I want to know is, are umbra frames going to have different abilities then normal frames. If not its just a skin with a slight tweak in stats . 

Eh 

Yeah. 

I hope it's not just another "Prime".

I get why the non-founders want it to be just another version of Prime to satisfy their "You have it so we should have it too" but then, from a gameplay perspective, I don't see why adding in Umbra as just another Excalibur with a little tweak in stats is gonna benefit anyone.

I'm still hoping it will have different abilities of the same theme to give a yin and yang feel, preferably when you use Norm/Prime Excalibur with Umbra Excalibur in the team, their abilities will have incredible synergy or something.

personally i dont see it coming till the new star chart is out, as that will make questing ...nicer

as well as provide new "areas" and lore implications .....

it seems de is trying to prioritize reworks and overal game improvement, which i think is a smart move.

looking at the new graphics tweaks.... smoke, shading , fog , ect..looks really nice, parkour 2.0 makes movement a great thing, very agile and very fluid

starchart will clean up a lots of the issues new players have finding things as well as expanding warframes map system/tile system.

along with the new mod update which at minimum removes the basic buff mods (ex:pressure point) , helping to build up weapons, and tweak builds like Excalibur, whos 4rth is based on melee mods ...like umbra Excalibur is....I assume....

I dont think DE will just slap the prime passive into umbras, they will most likely have their own mechanic which separates them from standard frames. as well as bringing out new squad dynamics, thats my personal hope. 

if we look at this from afar we can see DE is looking at the long run for the game, so i see the improvements for the game are a bigger need then the umbras at this time 

granted, it would be nice if they had more info on the umbra warframes, the only thing i could suggest is they have the team touch on it in between major projects to start the ground work. 

but they do have the megathread to pull from for ideas if they are having writers block on it...weve touched on many concepts and mechanics