The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, Demoonic said:

Tbh I think that's a very good idea because it makes them feel special even though they're a side grade to primes, which I think they should stay. 

agreed , it also might make it easier to get, then those grind frames ..like chroma, mesa, nezah,ect 

on a side note .....

Spoiler

Im developing a new art piece Im calling Umbra Unleashed 

-not sure if its the start of a web comic, but we've had so many ideas regarding umbra i thought maybe a community comic might be fun , I can do the art ..but plot /story would be based on a poll ? 

18 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

agreed , it also might make it easier to get, then those grind frames ..like chroma, mesa, nezah,ect 

on a side note .....

Hide contents

Im developing a new art piece Im calling Umbra Unleashed 

-not sure if its the start of a web comic, but we've had so many ideas regarding umbra i thought maybe a community comic might be fun , I can do the art ..but plot /story would be based on a poll ? 

make sure to let me know when you publish it, and if u need any ideas let me know

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mazendude said:

make sure to let me know when you publish it, and if u need any ideas let me know

sure thing, ill put it in the fan art section and i do want my fellow tennos help in making it, im not so good with story plots..but ive done comic work before a few years back and I sure i can give it another go 

39 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well steve did joke , you can only get him at the con, but that was evil april fools i think, but maybe they will give us info on the new quest it comes in with 

He didn't say you can only get him at TennoCon, he said if people don't show up they won't release Umbra. It'll probably get a teaser at the con, but no way would they make the mistake of fracturing the playerbase with another exclusive Excalibur. If people thought the Excalibur Prime salt threads were bad, just imagine the salt if something like that happened. 

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

He didn't say you can only get him at TennoCon, he said if people don't show up they won't release Umbra. It'll probably get a teaser at the con, but no way would they make the mistake of fracturing the playerbase with another exclusive Excalibur. If people thought the Excalibur Prime salt threads were bad, just imagine the salt if something like that happened. 

It would unquestionably be a bad thing. This is true. It would be terrible for the game, and incredibly unfair to the players.

But it would be spectacular.

I meant maybe he'll be officially released globally at the time of the con to celebrate.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well steve did joke , you can only get him at the con, but that was evil april fools i think, but maybe they will give us info on the new quest it comes in with 

No Umbras will be entirely based around madness like tellurium, unobtanium and rng-spores dropped ony by sentients if you have equipped the correct sigill that will require the sacrifice of a Prime Warframe.

Seriously,  I hope that the Umbras are tied closely to the creation of the first warframes, and that they served a purpose just like the Primes did.

And maby, just maby, they will shed light on the Guardians.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It would unquestionably be a bad thing. This is true. It would be terrible for the game, and incredibly unfair to the players.

But it would be spectacular.

I can clearly picture the forums and every media facet of Warframe drowning in salt. The threads would be endless.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I meant maybe he'll be officially released globally at the time of the con to celebrate.

I know what you meant, i'm just letting Mako know what Steve actually said in case other people start believing that.

I can clearly picture the forums and every media facet of Warframe drowning in salt. The threads would be endless.

I know what you meant, i'm just letting Mako know what Steve actually said in case other people start believing that.

The thing is....his exact words were: "If you don't come [to the con] you don't get Umbra. I think that's probably what we'll say."

Now, that can be read in two ways.

1. If people IN GENERAL don't come to the con, then we won't release Umbra.

2. If you SPECIFICALLY don't come, then you don't get Umbra (because we're only giving Umbra to people who come to the con).

In either case, he was clearly joking.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The thing is....his exact words were: "If you don't come [to the con] you don't get Umbra. I think that's probably what we'll say."

Now, that can be read in two ways.

1. If people IN GENERAL don't come to the con, then we won't release Umbra.

2. If you SPECIFICALLY don't come, then you don't get Umbra (because we're only giving Umbra to people who come to the con).

In either case, he was clearly joking.

Agreed it's clearly a joke. The latter is the least likely implication of said joke IMO.

3 hours ago, GetFrostyM8 said:

Or earlier...

:D

No smiley face. Set yourself up for maximum disappointment, this way bad news only appears to you as partial disappointment. Yes, there is absolutely no amount of good news regarding Umbra I expect within this year.

6 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

No smiley face. Set yourself up for maximum disappointment, this way bad news only appears to you as partial disappointment. Yes, there is absolutely no amount of good news regarding Umbra I expect within this year.

Let's wait and see