Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

8 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

they did plan on making more umbras. They said it in the devstreams

Well of course they're going to say that. If I had been caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I'd start saying I was going to share them out as well, even though that was never my original intention. 

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

11 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I've been playing the Division as well.

Have you? I think that after 120 hours and patch 1.1 The Division showed me how good DE is compared to other companies, lol.

That game is completely broken now...

Anyway, good to know I didn't miss anything on Umbra................I guess......................

Edited by siralextraffo

5 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Have you? I think that after 120 hours and patch 1.1 The Division showed me how good DE is compared to other companies, lol.

That game is completely broken now...

Anyway, good to know I didn't miss anything on Umbra................I guess......................

That game is much more of a complete game than Warframe is, with a whole lot more work put into it. Most of the bugs aren't even game breaking, and are relegated to the Incursion. And the kind of story immersion that the Division has is just one of the things I'd like to see Warframe have. Everything about the environment, factions, and even cosmetic items that your character has all tie into the overarching narrative of the game. Just take the time to listen to the dialogue, to the phone recordings, to the radio broadcasts to see just how immersive the game is and just how much thought went into designing the world of that game. It's not perfect. No game is. But that kind of stuff is what I want to see in Warframe.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I hope you Division guys are having fun getting womped by guys that exploited the boss glitch, the ones that Ubisoft said they would ban for exploiting their broken game. Division is a super overrated game. Lets stick to Excalibur Umbrella.

lol i now i have a golden trim umbrella in my head ...

On 4/19/2016 at 11:20 AM, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Interesting that your optimism has lasted this long, considering a lot of people have simply given up. I hope Scott comes through on saying that Umbra is involved in something awesome (U19) because I'm on the verge of giving up too.

I'll be fair and give them until the first devstream after PAX. If nothing even then, I'm done with this thread, discussing Umbra, providing any screenshots from those ad infested Chinese websites, and firmly believing he will never be released to the global build.

---

Until then, more Umbra screenshots. Do what you will.

Spoiler

MDBlb2D.jpg

iHEecM3.jpg

lPed8nj.jpg

QWwS7oe.jpg

oejYZLc.jpg

v6ESqKa.jpg

Mordred Proto Umbra again

WR6kObP.jpg

A joy to see that bizarre Penta and Braton Vandal.

twUA7qN.jpg

Edited by LazerSkink

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I'll be fair and give them until the first devstream after PAX. If nothing even then, I'm done with this thread, discussing Umbra, providing any screenshots from those ad infested Chinese websites, and firmly believing he will never be released to the global build.

---

Hide contents

MDBlb2D.jpg

iHEecM3.jpg

lPed8nj.jpg

QWwS7oe.jpg

oejYZLc.jpg

v6ESqKa.jpg

WR6kObP.jpg

twUA7qN.jpg

Yay! new Umbra screenies to add to my gigantic collection lol

Also just do what I'm doing and take a break from warframe and worrying until he's officially announced, I'm still very frustrated but it's not controlling my life anymore

Edited by Demoonic

8 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

---

Reveal hidden contents

MDBlb2D.jpg

iHEecM3.jpg

lPed8nj.jpg

QWwS7oe.jpg

oejYZLc.jpg

v6ESqKa.jpg

WR6kObP.jpg

twUA7qN.jpg

Thank you for the screenshots Lazer. If DE don't release Umbra with U19 then it's officially a piss take.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Nope. Just another "SoonTM" Everyone's banking on U19 introducing Umbra into the global game since the Devs said he's coming "sort of soon".

Unless they say something at PAX tomorrow Soon will be U20+ or about 3 months.

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Banking on it? Wot? I'm not losing any cash, sleep, or game time if it's not in U19. Don't speak for everyone.

I'm speaking for the people on this thread who truly want Umbra and are really tired of waiting this long for him. There are plenty of people on this thread voicing their hope an Umbra introduction in U19. You know that, you're not stupid. 

The thing is, we know that the ORIGINAL Warframe's were built in the Void by the Orokin and these were of course the "Prime" Warframe's that we seek out today in the Void, our original Warframe's being replicas made by the Tenno themselves. In that respect, Umbra's are like Tenno Special Forces or something. Prime is the baseline, our standard Warframe's are a step down and Umbra's are the true step up we've all been looking for. 

This has me hyped.

29 minutes ago, Yuri_Treychenko said:

The thing is, we know that the ORIGINAL Warframe's were built in the Void by the Orokin and these were of course the "Prime" Warframe's that we seek out today in the Void, our original Warframe's being replicas made by the Tenno themselves. In that respect, Umbra's are like Tenno Special Forces or something. Prime is the baseline, our standard Warframe's are a step down and Umbra's are the true step up we've all been looking for. 

This has me hyped.

We don't know that that's true either, to be honest. No real information either way, but I think it would be more interesting if Umbras were true sidegrades, with significant advantages and disadvantages.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

We don't know that that's true either, to be honest. No real information either way, but I think it would be more interesting if Umbras were true sidegrades, with significant advantages and disadvantages.

i agree on this as well, but another parts hopes they work for a diffferent use altogether to balance squads 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Bowjangelz said:

Seriously? I took a break since before Thanksgiving, come back 5 months later, its still the maybe soon-ish answer? 

That's depressing. Well maybe at Pax they'll have some info. 

so far there is a debate on weather or not they will even bring it up, but maybe someone in q/a another tenno will be interviewing Rebecca and Steve and said he'd ask on it 

On a side note....

Spoiler

my umbra comics cover is up and the prologue page is in development 

after that page 1 and on will be on umbras journey

(also thanks to those willing to help with the comic, if youd like to join the comic pannel just pm me) 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so far there is a debate on weather or not they will even bring it up, but maybe someone in q/a another tenno will be interviewing Rebecca and Steve and said he'd ask on it

On a side note....

Hide contents

my umbra comics cover is up and the prologue page is in development

after that page 1 and on will be on umbras journey

(also thanks to those willing to help with the comic, if youd like to join the comic pannel just pm me)

someone will bring it up. They're gonna be put on the spot and will be forced to say something. They might get forced into at least teasing on the subject, a slight hint. Something.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

someone will bring it up. They're gonna be put on the spot and will be forced to say something. They might get forced into at least teasing on the subject, a slight hint. Something.

Doubtful DE would spoil it. I'd find it really distasteful if someone did bring it up in hopes of forcing them to spoil a surprise. The last devstream that mentioned it should be enough, besides there aren't many questions left to ask except for the same thing. It's like an annoying child going "are we there yet?" repeatedly when they know the answer.

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Doubtful DE would spoil it. I'd find it really distasteful if someone did bring it up in hopes of forcing them to spoil a surprise. The last devstream that mentioned it should be enough, besides there aren't many questions left to ask except for the same thing. It's like an annoying child going "are we there yet?" repeatedly when they know the answer.

that's what happens when you keep delaying something highly coveted. Last year they said they'd try to get him out by December. Fast forward to mid 2016 he still isn't out. This was after they planned to do something huge when people would have already been satisfied with a simpler release. DE have brought it upon themselves. Also, don't think for a second that people will have the so-called class that you claim it would take to not bring up the subject.

11 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

This is the whole Umbra situation in a nut shell.