Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

that's what happens when you keep delaying something highly coveted. Last year they said they'd try to get him out by December. Fast forward to mid 2016 he still isn't out. This was after they planned to do something huge when people would have already been satisfied with a simpler release. DE have brought it upon themselves. Also, don't think for a second that people will have the so-called class that you claim it would take to not bring up the subject.

Spare me the "that's what happens when you" argument, I've seen it a hundred times by now and don't think it is a valid excuse for the whining. DE gave their answer and the most recent one sounds positive. I don't think Steve would have even brought up or joked about Umbra if they weren't close to getting him into the game. Steve seems to have a very subtle and indirect way of giving spoilers/hints, like his Infested-Cthulhu-horror-behind-the-door joke and some other things. Also, where the hell i said anything about people requiring class to not ask about Umbra. DE has teased on Umbra, gave hints/info, and something - players are just being impatient and expecting DE to divulge every single detail. It can't be a surprise if you know every little thing about it, can it?

7 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Spare me the "that's what happens when you" argument, I've seen it a hundred times by now and don't think it is a valid excuse for the whining. DE gave their answer and the most recent one sounds positive. I don't think Steve would have even brought up or joked about Umbra if they weren't close to getting him into the game. Steve seems to have a very subtle and indirect way of giving spoilers/hints, like his Infested-Cthulhu-horror-behind-the-door joke and some other things. Also, where the hell i said anything about people requiring class to not ask about Umbra. DE has teased on Umbra, gave hints/info, and something - players are just being impatient and expecting DE to divulge every single detail. It can't be a surprise if you know every little thing about it, can it?

You can't blame people for being anxious for something they waited almost a year for, especially something that's been ready for almost a year and then shelved until they could shoehorn some sort of lore and some quest in there. I hope whatever they do its worth the wait.

Just now, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

You can't blame people for being anxious for something they waited almost a year for, especially something that's been ready for almost a year and then shelved until they could shoehorn some sort of lore and some quest in there. I hope whatever they do its worth the wait.

Not even blaming them. They shouldn't be expecting DE to divulge every little bit of info or trying to force them to. We're not entitled to know everything about their development process. Umbra will be worth it regardless of when it arrives, especially for console players and those that aren't founders. 

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

Not even blaming them. They shouldn't be expecting DE to divulge every little bit of info or trying to force them to. We're not entitled to know everything about their development process. Umbra will be worth it regardless of when it arrives, especially for console players and those that aren't founders. 

thus my interest xD 

I want umbra pretty badly too and I've only known about it for a few months..but I don't see why waiting is such a big issue. So what they wanna add a big quest and lore and stuff they're doing it FOR US... So why is it so bad that they take their time to make it good? If anything Id be piswed if he came out w/wo a quest or lore and it was rushed..id much rather they take their time and surprise us with something amazing than let us have what we want now and its just meh..

5 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

I want umbra pretty badly too and I've only known about it for a few months..but I don't see why waiting is such a big issue. So what they wanna add a big quest and lore and stuff they're doing it FOR US... So why is it so bad that they take their time to make it good? If anything Id be piswed if he came out w/wo a quest or lore and it was rushed..id much rather they take their time and surprise us with something amazing than let us have what we want now and its just meh..

The issue is not the wait itself, but how DE has delayed Umbra a lot, first because of the 30 day chinese exclusivity, then because of the second dream, after that they had a (well deserved) break during which steve said to guess we would be getting umbra on about two months, then sands of inaros came with a good quest, saryn prime access came with an amazing trailer, and in the meantime DE just avoided talking about anything Umbra related, just to openly tell us on a devstream that they had done no progress on umbra (this after the two month guess time had passed) and then give us a snippet of info (umbra is coming sort of soon) only to end telling us that his development will be top secret (which might mean we are getting something amazing in the same way as the second dream was top secret until release, or in the worst scenario just another big delay). 

On a sidenote, after the huge umbra delay, added to banshee's deluxe(?) Skin state on release after all the feedback it had since it was first shown, plus the amount of non-heard feedback about many other things such as snipers rework fixes, quest repeatability (requested since long ago) attachment color masking inconsistency, kubrow AI, enemy escalation, sorties token system, amongst some or maybe many other things I can't remember right now, I'm starting to have slightly mixed feelings about DE. but I still like their game I know some of the things listed ate harder to implement or fix than some others, and that they are also working on a lot of other things, but having not even a word (other that "we're working on it, you'll be seeing it fixed/implented soontm") about some of these topics isn't a good feeling.

6 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

The issue is not the wait itself, but how DE has delayed Umbra a lot, first because of the 30 day chinese exclusivity, then because of the second dream, after that they had a (well deserved) break during which steve said to guess we would be getting umbra on about two months, then sands of inaros came with a good quest, saryn prime access came with an amazing trailer, and in the meantime DE just avoided talking about anything Umbra related, just to openly tell us on a devstream that they had done no progress on umbra (this after the two month guess time had passed) and then give us a snippet of info (umbra is coming sort of soon) only to end telling us that his development will be top secret (which might mean we are getting something amazing in the same way as the second dream was top secret until release, or in the worst scenario just another big delay). 

Hide contents

On a sidenote, after the huge umbra delay, added to banshee's deluxe(?) Skin state on release after all the feedback it had since it was first shown, plus the amount of non-heard feedback about many other things such as snipers rework fixes, quest repeatability (requested since long ago) attachment color masking inconsistency, kubrow AI, enemy escalation, sorties token system, amongst some or maybe many other things I can't remember right now, I'm starting to have slightly mixed feelings about DE. but I still like their game I know some of the things listed ate harder to implement or fix than some others, and that they are also working on a lot of other things, but having not even a word (other that "we're working on it, you'll be seeing it fixed/implented soontm") about some of these topics isn't a good feeling.

I'm sure they wouldn't just hold it back just to do it , there must be a reason why they have delayed / prolonged his debut. I talked to some others in game about this and they said maybe they could be trying to get us to focus on something else so that we truly are taken by surprise when he launches. Based on the Chinese pack , we already have their nikana and spira prime , umbra excal is the only thing remaining. They could be trolling us and he come out in a week or maybe they really are having a hard time and it take another month or so

Edited by KvngJ

10 hours ago, KvngJ said:

I agree with you KvngJ. But there are some Tenno who just don't care at this point and want the shiny black Excalibur to drop already, regardless of any kind of world building a quest built around him could do. With Warframe having as scarce lore/plot as it has, I think any excuse to build onto that is a good one. Even if the wait can be a while.

And I will still stand by my previous statement in this thread that all this hype was brought upon the community by itself. 

1 hour ago, EthosP said:

I agree with you KvngJ. But there are some Tenno who just don't care at this point and want the shiny black Excalibur to drop already, regardless of any kind of world building a quest built around him could do. With Warframe having as scarce lore/plot as it has, I think any excuse to build onto that is a good one. Even if the wait can be a while.

And I will still stand by my previous statement in this thread that all this hype was brought upon the community by itself. 

I happen to be one of those people who is just done waiting T_T

4 hours ago, EthosP said:

Exactly ?

30 minutes ago, KvngJ said:

Exactly ?

4 hours ago, EthosP said:

its a grey area in truth, since its discovery? umbra excal has had a lot of attention and both bad and good in the communities eyes

the consoles never had opportunity to have a founders option so it really is the only way for a direct upgrade for Excalibur for us on that front. and many who started playing after would gladly have done founders if they could, but were not able due to the time restriction, much like many founders systems 

Though i can understand the frustration of the many, they have basically have had zero output on its progress, and for multiple dev streams did a "nothing done yet", to now currently slapping a "top secret" label and even stating hopefully soon, meaning they are just basically done talking about it, progress or not. but we know the wave of questions and people asking on it wont go away, and i feel for DE on that front. thus why i tried to gather all i could to pool that info, to quell the tide of questions , even just a small amount, which would relieve some of the tension hopefully bringing the concept back in their good graces

the lore itself is a part we look forward to, and hopefully brings with it new twists and turns, and maybe changes in how we view the game. many ideas and topics were disccused and that possibly gave DE some concepts/ideas to draw from in there implementation 

The added mechanics of whatever the umbras do will be good and add variation.... just being an alternate variant themselves brings a new level of dynamics in game play and how we strategize and do mod setups

as with all things tenno, all we can really do is wait and speculate 

4 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Well Steve already tweeted that there won't be any Umbra related news in the stream. So you led yourself to disappointment.

I didn't watch it because of the tweet, I was hoping someone would bring it up in the Q&A but sadly no one did