Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BLADESTORM: Does it really NEED to Change?

BlackCoMerc

7 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

And you're free to do that. You have weapons. Use them. At least I trust you're talking about weapons, because...pressing a button and watching enemies die...is what we do with EVERY ability that deals damage...

Except, no it isn't. You need to aim most abilities/weapons. You need to adjust for enemy movement. You need to adjust for your own movement. You may even challenge yourself by causing headshots while airborne, but that's kinda besides the point. The matter of the fact is, that all this does not exist within Bladestorm right now. You just hit a button and auto-attack everything around you.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

PS: let's see how many frames will kill 10 enemies in one go (pressing 4)

Ember
Oberon.
Frost
Loki (you become invisible and kill ), where the fun it that. or disarm and kill... where is the fun in that
Hydroid
Atlas
Nekros
Mesa
Vauban (launch your vortex, let it do the job),, or hang them high with bastille and take your time. where is the fun in that?
Banshee (lock the board), where is the fun in that. it's boring,, no? specially on interception level 100
Mirage (you get 5 guns) or the blinding... you blind enemies and kill them, where is the fun in that?
Nova. Why slow down the enemies? where is the fun in that?
Trinity. Why do u need EV? where is the fun in that?

I'm gonna ignore the whole discussion about wether it is fun to play a frame or not. It's subjective and therefor arguing about (or using this to make your point) is quite pointless.
As you indicate you'd be talking about 4, I will not evaluate other skills of the frames mentioned by you unless I see reason to.

Ember: Yes, you activate it, then still move around to kill the enemies in your area. It's mild interaction does not warrant it as a good skill. I'm not saying it is a good skill. I wonder who is.
Oberon: Not as big as a problem, as it aint a toggle or duration skill. They're the lesser evil so far.
Frost: Another Nuke without toggle or DoT.
Loki: Yeah, I gotta say the Disarm is completly OP in damage versus all those infested... </sarcasm>
Hydroid: Are you really suggesting his damage is aligned with the others?
Atlas: 2 Golems that walk around and do practically nothing. Landslide on the other hand damages, but you have some interaction.
Nekros: Kill enemies to farm for your skill. No instantnuke, no extreme damage.
Mesa: Had her Ult changed to add player interaction. She's a perfect example WHY Ash's Ult should be changed.
Vauban: Damage?
Banshee: Ult does need a change. Sitting in a position, unable to act is nearly as boring as watching yourself teleport all over the place.
Mirage: Blind got nerfed. You have to be aware of your area when using it.
Nova: Skill had it's changes and is still adjustable to speed up the enemies depending on your need.
Trinity: OMG all those kills my bless has done over these years are amazing!

2 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Except, no it isn't. You need to aim most abilities/weapons. You need to adjust for enemy movement. You need to adjust for your own movement. You may even challenge yourself by causing headshots while airborne, but that's kinda besides the point. The matter of the fact is, that all this does not exist within Bladestorm right now. You just hit a button and auto-attack everything around you.

I'm gonna ignore the whole discussion about wether it is fun to play a frame or not. It's subjective and therefor arguing about (or using this to make your point) is quite pointless.
As you indicate you'd be talking about 4, I will not evaluate other skills of the frames mentioned by you unless I see reason to.

Ember: Yes, you activate it, then still move around to kill the enemies in your area. It's mild interaction does not warrant it as a good skill. I'm not saying it is a good skill. I wonder who is.
Oberon: Not as big as a problem, as it aint a toggle or duration skill. They're the lesser evil so far.
Frost: Another Nuke without toggle or DoT.
Loki: Yeah, I gotta say the Disarm is completly OP in damage versus all those infested... </sarcasm>
Hydroid: Are you really suggesting his damage is aligned with the others?
Atlas: 2 Golems that walk around and do practically nothing. Landslide on the other hand damages, but you have some interaction.
Nekros: Kill enemies to farm for your skill. No instantnuke, no extreme damage.
Mesa: Had her Ult changed to add player interaction. She's a perfect example WHY Ash's Ult should be changed.
Vauban: Damage?
Banshee: Ult does need a change. Sitting in a position, unable to act is nearly as boring as watching yourself teleport all over the place.
Mirage: Blind got nerfed. You have to be aware of your area when using it.
Nova: Skill had it's changes and is still adjustable to speed up the enemies depending on your need.
Trinity: OMG all those kills my bless has done over these years are amazing!

although i said i will not add anything but i find myself obliged to reply:

Ember: in ODD, press 4 and stand by the reactor, you don't need to move except for not to be considered AFK.

Oberon: i play it with T4 Defense and it's power is extremely lethal.

Hydoid: has not only 1 power, but 2, very effective in Interception, not necessary lethal as the others, but with my build, it is almost as them.

Nekros: press 4 and let the shadows do your job. unless it seems you only use your second.

Vauban: yes, the Vortex will kill as many as ash.

Banshee: if you think it's boring, yes you are right. i mentioned it to make a point that there is a more boring than pressing 4 with ash

Mirage: blind got nerfed only no to penetrate a wall, other than that it's the same. we always use it on Hijack in sortie (BORING)

Nova: I have a friend of mine, when using is 4 (spova or slova, ) and one you kill one all the surrounding enemies explode (boring)

Trinity: try killing Kela De Thaym without Trinity, just let her shoot you and your link will kill her (BORING)

So my bro. if Ash 4 is boring as some say, then all the powers of the frames are boring,.

That's my point of view, you may agree or disagree, but it is not a reason for some in this topic to impose their opinion (not talking about u)

cheers

Cheers

If it has to change.. meh, i dont mind. Only thing that needs to be changed is the other teammembers unable to attack the mobs 'tagged' by Storm.

I've seen a bit too many Ash in the 85-85 area, but doing ~100dmg per hit at tops, while the others just wait for the guy to finish, just to kill em of off yourself, he just starts it again.. and again.. and again.

Trinity: try killing Kela De Thaym without Trinity, just let her shoot you and your link will kill her (BORING)

I cant even remember when i killed her WITH a trinity tbh..

1 minute ago, SinergyX said:

If it has to change.. meh, i dont mind. Only thing that needs to be changed is the other teammembers unable to attack the mobs 'tagged' by Storm.

I've seen a bit too many Ash in the 85-85 area, but doing ~100dmg per hit at tops, while the others just wait for the guy to finish, just to kill em of off yourself, he just starts it again.. and again.. and again.

I cant even remember when i killed her WITH a trinity tbh..

I always do, in less than 5 minute

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I always do, in less than 5 minute

Well thats nice for you, we do a bit longer and thats good too. Hardest part mostly is to get the new players understand the shooting-disc-thing, with any decent weapon it aint hard getting Kela herself down.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

So my bro. if Ash 4 is boring as some say, then all the powers of the frames are boring,.

That's my point of view, you may agree or disagree, but it is not a reason for some in this topic to impose their opinion (not talking about u)

cheers

Cheers

I do not refute your point of them being interactive, engaging or fun. But this was not what you made it about. You said it'd be skills to kill enemies. Specifically you went on to say it'd be about 4, which it didnt end up being.
My point however is overshadowed by this discussion: It shouldn't matter if there are other skills that are equally badly designed. That just means there's ADDITIONAL content to be reviewed. It does however not mean in any way, that Bladestorm is fine.
FYI: The damage from trinity against Kela came from EV, which has been "fixed".

Again though, I am attempting a subjective view on this very objective discussion.

Really, I don't mind having lazyboy nukes, what I mind is... if I start firing at something and ash goes "LAWL 4" ... and ends up stealing my kills, YES I am going to be a bit miffed. 

Remove ash's disb on kills, I don't care how "Epic" ash thinks he is, I was just about to kill that and suddenly I cannot?  Thanks game.

1 minute ago, SinergyX said:

Well thats nice for you, we do a bit longer and thats good too. Hardest part mostly is to get the new players understand the shooting-disc-thing, with any decent weapon it aint hard getting Kela herself down.

Tell me about it , in that i agree with you 101% when it come to shooting the disc.

One random player made me swear never to that mission again with Randoms

He was MR13 and was trying to shoot the disc with a synoid simulor .

Since then i either play with my friends or if in case of randoms, a mic is a must

1 minute ago, ScribbleClash said:

I do not refute your point of them being interactive, engaging or fun. But this was not what you made it about. You said it'd be skills to kill enemies. Specifically you went on to say it'd be about 4, which it didnt end up being.
My point however is overshadowed by this discussion: It shouldn't matter if there are other skills that are equally badly designed. That just means there's ADDITIONAL content to be reviewed. It does however not mean in any way, that Bladestorm is fine.
FYI: The damage from trinity against Kela came from EV, which has been "fixed".

Again though, I am attempting a subjective view on this very objective discussion.

Last time i killed her (maybe a week ago) it was still working fine and it was definitely not from the EV ;)

4 minutes ago, achromos said:

Really, I don't mind having lazyboy nukes, what I mind is... if I start firing at something and ash goes "LAWL 4" ... and ends up stealing my kills, YES I am going to be a bit miffed. 

Remove ash's disb on kills, I don't care how "Epic" ash thinks he is, I was just about to kill that and suddenly I cannot?  Thanks game.

You were about to kill that and Frost performed an avalanche

or Ember burnt it

or....................

Thanks Game

Just now, (XB1)Oussii said:

You were about to kill that and Frost performed an avalanche

or Ember burnt it

or....................

Thanks Game

there's a difference.  If I fire at something, and I deal damage "before" frost or ember actually cast their ults.

I'll still get the kill.

Ash?  Not so much.  Don't lie.

6 minutes ago, achromos said:

LOOOL he says "stealing my kills". Poor Ash didn't see your little owner-sticker on the enemy.

Just now, achromos said:

there's a difference.  If I fire at something, and I deal damage "before" frost or ember actually cast their ults.

I'll still get the kill.

Ash?  Not so much.  Don't lie.

Then perform a headshot or mod your weapons to kill from the first time :)  (never mind me, couldn't resist to say it. no offense )

2 minutes ago, (PS4)martin576 said:

LOOOL he says "stealing my kills". Poor Ash didn't see your little owner-sticker on the enemy.

loooool

If you are worried about affinity, then don't worry you will share it

If you are playing in a squad, last time i checked, the objective of the mission was for SURE not who kills more,

But get the mission done

And if ash does it faster, let it be

8 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

or better yet, remove Finisher damage from the game completely

Rip covert lethality, RB, Sleep Equinox, Sleep Ivara, oneshots  on the fallent targets. 
No, not better. Sometimes it's hard to kill high level enemies, so we still need a way to kill lvl 100 bombard before he kills you.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)martin576 said:

I kinda hate ash for making enemies invulnerable (by targetting them ofc.) because, as it was said in this topic before: Every second matters.
P.S. - it's just annoying to watch how enemies die and be able to deal 0 damage. Ash's ulti just tells you: " Nope, i'm the one, who is going to kill everyone"
Even when he is not able to kill one specific enemy, making him absolytely immortal for the duration of BS. 

10 minutes ago, Scarecrew93 said:

If I could kill the enemy while Ash is in mid-animation Bladestorming it, I wouldn't mind Bladestorm at all.

I'm not to worry about the kill, but more about saving Ash player time while assisting on those pesky Ancients and their damage reduction.

Everything else OP has said I agree with, there is lots of nukers, and yes as same as OP I have played Frost and outdone Ash players, but thats only because you need to target in order to Bladestorm...

Oh wait...so maybe thats what the community want for change, a Bladestorm that requires no targetting like all other frames to be on par on the Fun side of things.

Edited by Souldend78

Bladestorm needs rework becouse curent iteration is glitchy as F***. You get randomly kileld mid animation, you randomly fall out of it, you randomly stop for a few seconds etc. And god save you from disruptors. It just doesn't work properly.

Edited by Serafim_94

Yes. It needs to change.

How is pressing 4 and sitting still for half a minute in event of physical resistance/enhanced shields "fun"? I get more entertainment out of alt-tabbing to my browser while Bladestorm works than watching (as you call it) the "slideshow" presentation happen. My Jat Kittag can smash a sortie Ancient apart in 2 seconds compared to the 10 seconds it took for an Ash to dance all over and tickle it.

I really liked Ash Prime as my go-to stealth frame more than Loki Prime, but seeing all these 4spammers ruined my liking for him. I'm not saying I'm looking forward to the Bladestorm rework, but at this point I am eager to see anything different that actually requires more player focus and skill.

Remember: "Fun" is subjective.