The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First person Mode

blunderlord

Who else wants to be a space ninja in first person? Awhile ago there was a random bug where you would be "zoomed in" on your warframe so far that it looked like first person but was pretty wonky with the arms and head though. 

Heres an old video of it in action: 

Here's the oldest thread i could find about this "Hidden feature":

Edit: imagine LawBreakers x 9001 that would be warframe first person mode

Edited by blunderlord

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

im pretty sure this has already been shot down by the devs, it'd require a LOT more work than it'd be worth

3 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

DE said they're not putting in first person view.

Hide contents

They also once said there would never be PVP.

im not really asking if you think DE would or would not put it in. I wanted to know if YOU wanted it. Personally i do

Edited by blunderlord
reasons

20 minutes ago, blunderlord said:

im not really asking if you think DE would or would not i wanted to know if YOU wanted it. Personally i do

Yeah, it would be nice. Especially when I'm playing a chunky frame with chunky parts like my Chroma with the Harkonar armor.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)BroaderSaucer said:

please, the new archwing is already nausea-inducing enough.

actually it might be pretty great for archwing. it would feel more spacey i think minus the running into walls

Edited by blunderlord

Just now, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

It would be cool to see blood shed in FPM but the game is too fast paced and it is too easy to die when you are not looking behind you 

So no 

that is very true first person mode would make a lot more sense with set enemy forward spawning and a cover system. But that doesn't mean that i don't want to be in first person Haha 

With the way the game works it would be really weird for it to be first person. Warframe has fast gameplay so it would be very disorientating. I can barely play Mirros Edge. Warframe would be like the extreme version of that game. 

Warframe was never meant to be first person.

2 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Like others said, First person mode would be so disorienting.

Imagine Bullet jumping, Rolling, Backflip, Melee, Just trying to picture it is making me nauseous.

at the time the bug was possible parkour was alot simpler and much more limited so i could see it being somewhat viable THEN but now i would not personally play 24/7 first person mode if it WERE possible i just wanna play around with it

As other said, with the mition sickness of the new archwing, it might not be a good idea. I will admit that I get some motion sickness during archwing missions since the changes... However, if it's an option, fine by me. Just like in driving game where you can select your point of view. That's where my opinion stand, if it has to be implemented, it should have an option: "Player's view: First person or Third person".

51 minutes ago, blunderlord said:

im not really asking if you think DE would or would not put it in. I wanted to know if YOU wanted it. Personally i do

I dont think it would work out. Think of bullet jumping for one.