Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you mod Phage?

Nacond

Question

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

also use the mod that reduces spread and firerate. it kind of breaks the dmg if u max out the mod and u use almost no ammo

but that would mean you deal almost no Damage...
because your Rate of Fire is basically none.

6 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

viral and corrosive

also use the mod that reduces spread and firerate. it kind of breaks the dmg if u max out the mod and u use almost no ammo

do you mean the one that increases spread and damage?

You mod Phage with love.

I've found that viral is the most effective. Well, I might be biased because I love Viral and it's the base damage of Phage so...
Still, it's an amazingly fun weapon! I don't know if using a mod slot on spread reducing is worth it as it's a shotgun. Would rather suggest damage increasers and close combat.

Last time I checked the Wiki and tested it in game there was no way to increase or decrease the rate of beam convergence on the Phage, so mods like Tainted Shell and Vicious Spread have no effect on that aspect. Likewise the beams don't deviate much when you have aimed in, so there's basically no reason not to use Vicious Spread on it.

I use a hybrid status/damage build for the Phage. It has enough capacity to run all of the dual-stat mods on it even with one at cross-polarity costs but I found the damage bump from having a 90% Elemental mod was more useful than having the extra status chance. Your mileage may vary.

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

but that would mean you deal almost no Damage...
because your Rate of Fire is basically none.

thats the thing it still deals insane dmg with 0,2 firerate (propably a bug but hey it's worth it)

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

thats the thing it still deals insane dmg with 0,2 firerate (propably a bug but hey it's worth it)

'insane' is very relative. it's not really 'insane' even with multiple RoF Mods clawing at every Percentage of potential Damage you can get.
buttttttt that's a different Thread, problems with never ending gear ladder stuff.