Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add 1st person view

JessicaHay

Not to mention bullet jumping since you'r making a 360 degree spin.

Also the fact that u will get bombarded, scorched, nullified to late before you notice it. (You will be able to hear them but you will spend more time looking for them)

Edited by D-Voidborn

Just now, D-Voidborn said:

Not to mention bullet jumping since you'r making a 360 degree spin.

Also the fact that u will get bombarded, scorched, nullified to late before you notice it.

just imagine seeing non stop the ceiling because of bursas or bombard knockdowns....

Just now, DeFragMe said:

just imagine seeing non stop the ceiling because of bursas or bombard knockdowns....

And when trying to get to the back of a bursa you didn't notice the corpus shotgun trooper behind the wall and you get 360 no-scoped 

What we want is a Warframe FPS mod to be created. The rules need to be altered to fit first person, hitboxes, enemy behavior, level design, pathing and so on.

First person would not have any problems with melee, powera, wallrunning or jumping. It needs the correct balance to work.

Look at Titanfall. Look at Firefall/Halo/Unity/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena ; there are ways.

But in Warframe,  that would have to be a dedicated mode, not just a camera-swap.

4 minutes ago, arch111 said:

What we want is a Warframe FPS mod to be created. The rules need to be altered to fit first person, hitboxes, enemy behavior, level design, pathing and so on.

First person would not have any problems with melee, powera, wallrunning or jumping. It needs the correct balance to work.

Look at Titanfall. Look at Firefall/Halo/Unity/Portal/Doom/Quake Arena ; there are ways.

But in Warframe,  that would have to be a dedicated mode, not just a camera-swap.

i can only say about Halo, Doom and Quake , all those dont utilize parkour per se. Just basically always walk and run upright. You never do a backflip or spin or climp up a wall for 1 min with jumps...

its hard to compare this way

when choosing between first person and third person you will always be at a disadvantage if you choose first person.

I personally can only play very few first person games, the view is so crammed and the weapons are so big that 20-40% of the screen is covered up already, I know people say ''but it gives more realism'' but being 2 floating arms/hands isn't realism for me.

1 minute ago, cghawk said:

when choosing between first person and third person you will always be at a disadvantage if you choose first person.

I personally can only play very few first person games, the view is so crammed and the weapons are so big that 20-40% of the screen is covered up already, I know people say ''but it gives more realism'' but being 2 floating arms/hands isn't realism for me.

depends, there always to option to actually put the camera onto the model.... wich most companys dont do (se battlefield, has a picture over the hud with the hands and weapon).

but in WF the actuall third person seems to fit good, especially if you saw the secon War Within trailer where you see the tenno in the chair.. at least for me ^^

There was a bug that actually changed the point of view to 1st person; it's confusing as hell, totally not a good idea to implement it as a mechanic.

Edit: This was even before the movement sistems has been reworked, so you can imagine how it would (not) work now.

Edited by PapaFragolino

5 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I have no issues with the Archwing but people complained about that making them sick....

First person would turn into a blurred spewfest.

So no.

my onlyst archwing problem is the fact that i constantly press E and Q to spin and mess up my flight because of this......

1 hour ago, DeFragMe said:

i can only say about Halo, Doom and Quake , all those dont utilize parkour per se. Just basically always walk and run upright. You never do a backflip or spin or climp up a wall for 1 min with jumps...

its hard to compare this way

Mirrors edge, Portal and Titanfall. 

Mirrors edge is the best example of parkour and movement by far. Portal uses momentum and gravity not unlike how we jump around.

Titanfall have both in the air combat and wall running.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Mirrors edge, Portal and Titanfall. 

Mirrors edge is the best example of parkour and movement by far. Portal uses momentum and gravity not unlike how we jump around.

Titanfall have both in the air combat and wall running.

Mirrors edge and Portal are not horde combat shooters.

Mirrors edge is practically just a platformer, with avoidable combat parts that mostly last 2-3 sec,, and on mirrors edge there also where many people complaining about motion sikness.

Portal, practicaly has no combat and is a puzzle platformer.

Titanfall, i havent played so far, so cant tell. But at least mIrrors Edge and portal cant be compared to a fast paced horde shooter... at least in my opinion.

Edited by DeFragMe