Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sonicor and the staticor

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Who did this?

I don't really have anything important to say beyond that. Other than...

Sonicor is Cc in a box (from the words of another great tenno), and well modded, it's death in a box.

The staticor...I would have to say that firing the weapon ruins everything. If you just don't fire the weapon and in your mind pretend that it's as cool to use as it looks, then you are ok.

If you mod it to make the projectiles move faster and for the weapon to fire faster, it becomes slightly acceptable, but you have to keep up an even pace, or the weapon won't fire as fast after the next few shots....I'll have to explain that better later.

Point is, how was it ok to implement the Sonicor the way it is and then turn around and make the Staticor and give it the description and visuals they did? It's not my game, i don't call the shots, but I think some one came up with a cool idea for a new weapon, and no one else liked it. And thus you have the staticor.

Maybe the Staticor has a redeeming quality I havnt seen yet, have to keep putting in forma.

I don't understand...are you simply complaining about the staticor or what?

Not every weapon developed for the game is going to be great. Not every weapon developed for the game needs to be great. Some are just there for MR fodder, others are there for $h!ts and giggles and for people who just wanna have fun and still others are there because they're meant to be good. 

Staticor is a shredder. It's one of the best weapons for killing high level enemies WITHOUT Corrosive Projection, but most importantly: Radiation + Corrosive is possible on this thing.

Constant Radiation procs at a near 100% at a fast rate of fire or CC is invaluable at high levels.

Staticor is purely elemental and is Radiation by default. This allows it to have devastating damage potential as well as amazing CC potential (as well as possible armor stripping capability for solo players or non CP groups).

Sonicor is not purely elemental and the ragdoll effects can actually make it more difficult for your party to kill the enemies you're fighting against-- that's something most people who use it don't think about. It's a good AoE and CC weapon, but it certainly has some serious drawbacks for other people coming in behind you if you don't have it modded to 100% killing efficiency.

5 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I don't understand...are you simply complaining about the staticor or what?

Not every weapon developed for the game is going to be great. Not every weapon developed for the game needs to be great. Some are just there for MR fodder, others are there for $h!ts and giggles and for people who just wanna have fun and still others are there because they're meant to be good. 

Hhhmmm

Would it make you happy if I told you I don't have the mod capacity on the weapon yet to fit everything in there I need?

Without using the projectile speed increase mod, which there is only one of in my possession, and the whole game I believe, the orb of static just kind of floats through the air at what ever you were targeting. Even with that mod on, the orb doesn't move nearly fast enough (im almost certain it's the slowest moving projectile in the game) . And there is no explosion radius increase mod that I know of for pistols. Maybe mulitshot makes it better...(i forgot all the secondary mod names right when I needed them...bleh). 

The staticor looks cool, up until you shoot it, and just feels terrible to use without the right mods...but it looks cool. The description they wrote for the weapon ruins it for me, what massive explosion?

I was expecting something like quanta, sorry I guess

6 hours ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

Staticor is a shredder. It's one of the best weapons for killing high level enemies WITHOUT Corrosive Projection, but most importantly: Radiation + Corrosive is possible on this thing.

Constant Radiation procs at a near 100% at a fast rate of fire or CC is invaluable at high levels.

Whats your build?

4 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Staticor is purely elemental and is Radiation by default. This allows it to have devastating damage potential as well as amazing CC potential (as well as possible armor stripping capability for solo players or non CP groups).

Sonicor is not purely elemental and the ragdoll effects can actually make it more difficult for your party to kill the enemies you're fighting against-- that's something most people who use it don't think about. It's a good AoE and CC weapon, but it certainly has some serious drawbacks for other people coming in behind you if you don't have it modded to 100% killing efficiency.

Ok, how many forma would you put into it?

Everyone seems to say it's good, but I don't like the way the weapon functions unmodded. In warframe, it's usually best for me to build off the highest stats the weapon already has....but I can't tolerate the slow rate of fire and projectile speed, so instead of building on its strengths like I usually do for every weapon, I have to work on its weaknesses. And then might as well go all in a cram every speed fire, rapid reload mod there is if that's what I have to do

The staticor's projectiles are also an AoE, it works fantastic as an indirect fire weapon for groups of enemies similar to how I use the Staticor honestly. Also I actually like how it works >.> I'll admit the Sonicor is pretty great but the staticor probably has more DPS overall with the size of its magazine and the fire rate.

14 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

After being fully modded? 

Every weapon that it is discussed here whether it's weak or strong, it is considered fully modded by default. There are heaps of weapons that have exploding potential when fully modded.

Example: Soma. Without mods is weaker than Mk1-Braton. With it's critical mods it becomes very good.

Staticor is another one of them. Has more DPS and Status than Sonicor by far. Honestly, I find myself never picking up the Sonicor anymore. What's the point of ragdolling everything forever, instead of just killing them fast?

45 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Every weapon that it is discussed here whether it's weak or strong, it is considered fully modded by default. There are heaps of weapons that have exploding potential when fully modded.

Example: Soma. Without mods is weaker than Mk1-Braton. With it's critical mods it becomes very good.

Staticor is another one of them. Has more DPS and Status than Sonicor by far. Honestly, I find myself never picking up the Sonicor anymore. What's the point of ragdolling everything forever, instead of just killing them fast?

Yeah, i never liked either it them, just thought the sonicor did a better job, but I'm starting to see that the staticor is worth something.

4 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Staticor is one of the best secondaries in the game. My main secondary right now.

Watch this:

This video is cool, and I see what you guys are talking about.

All that being said, I think I will probably not be too bent out of shape about the projectile speed if I get used to it...

22 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Ok, how many forma would you put into it?

I think I have... 5 in mine? Maybe 4? I haven't used my Sonicor since Spira Prime came out, so I honestly can't remember. All I know is that whatever it doesn't kill gets ragdolled to the point that I may as well have shot them with my bow instead.

I've put the same amount in my Staticor and it is much more party friendly, as well as just extremely powerful, in general. Not to say that a primarily cold-modded Sonicor isn't also extremely fun to use....

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Yeah, i never liked either it them, just thought the sonicor did a better job, but I'm starting to see that the staticor is worth something.

This video is cool, and I see what you guys are talking about.

All that being said, I think I will probably not be too bent out of shape about the projectile speed if I get used to it...

You are right, travel speed is one thing you will have to get used to.If enemies are walking towards you its not a problem but if they are walking from oe side to the other you will have to calculate shots,get closer,CC,  etc...

Straight up if you don't actually enjoy using a weapon then it's probably a good idea to look for a replacement that you do enjoy, regardless of how "good" each of them may be.

Personally I love my Staticor, but that's me. But if You don't like it then you don't like it, no need to hammer your opinion into submission, heh. ;-)

Really Good or even Great alternatives if you haven't checked them out already would be:

Sonicor (of course, already on the thread here)
Lex/AkLex/Lex Prime
(Vaykor) Marelok
Twin Grakatas
Hikou (or any thrown weapon of your choice, there's also the "sticky explodes when you trigger it" weapons like the Talons too)-(if you can get the Concealed Explosives mod I'd recommend trying it both with and without the mod and see if you have a preference there. Careful not to blow yourself up!)

They each are a bit different but pretty effective in their own right.

But there are so many weapons that are good that I really think it's best to find one that is really fun to use, not force yourself to use one you don't like.

Also I've found that letting a weapon sit for a while and then coming back to it again later can sometimes change my view on it.

Not to side track but when I first got and leveled the (non-Sancti) Tigris I didn't really care for it. When I later got the Sancti Tigris I still didn't care for it. Much later I picked it up again, got used to it and now it's one of my primary Primaries. 

Cheers and Happy Hunting Tenno!
~R~

6 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

Straight up if you don't actually enjoy using a weapon then it's probably a good idea to look for a replacement that you do enjoy, regardless of how "good" each of them may be.

Personally I love my Staticor, but that's me. But if You don't like it then you don't like it, no need to hammer your opinion into submission, heh. ;-)

Really Good or even Great alternatives if you haven't checked them out already would be:

Sonicor (of course, already on the thread here)
Lex/AkLex/Lex Prime
(Vaykor) Marelok
Twin Grakatas
Hikou (or any thrown weapon of your choice, there's also the "sticky explodes when you trigger it" weapons like the Talons too)-(if you can get the Concealed Explosives mod I'd recommend trying it both with and without the mod and see if you have a preference there. Careful not to blow yourself up!)

They each are a bit different but pretty effective in their own right.

But there are so many weapons that are good that I really think it's best to find one that is really fun to use, not force yourself to use one you don't like.

Also I've found that letting a weapon sit for a while and then coming back to it again later can sometimes change my view on it.

Not to side track but when I first got and leveled the (non-Sancti) Tigris I didn't really care for it. When I later got the Sancti Tigris I still didn't care for it. Much later I picked it up again, got used to it and now it's one of my primary Primaries. 

Cheers and Happy Hunting Tenno!
~R~

The vaykor is life, it's a little hand held sniper/western gun. Its everything I thought the vasto would be...not hating on the vasto but...I do like the marelok.

The staticor probably wont be the gun for me, But I'm glad that there are people who like it.

I'll keep it for fashion frame and just walk around with it charged up like I'm about to explode everything though :)