The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you figure out if a weapon is "viable late-game"?

TTV.ViccValentine

Now when I say "viable late-game", I mean "would I wanna use this against 50+ enemies or balls-to-the-wall hard bosses/enemies like kela de lame, raid hek, sortie raptor, or would I be better off throwing my severed limbs at them after they're done gibbing me". Perhaps saying enemies as powerful as that is a bit of a high bar, because sortie raptor laughs at even a vaykor hek. I guess a better way to put it would be, "would I take this to Hieracon or new Draco?" Because I can't even count the amount of times I've gone into region and asked, " hey fam, is the dildo-cannon 6900 viable late-game?" And even though I don't mind asking, it would be nice if I could determine that myself, without asking everyone else.

Is it a melee weapons ?

• yes
    • does it have 15%+ crit chance ?
      • Yes > viable
      • no > not viable
  • no
    • does it have 25%+ crit chance ?
      • yes > viable
      • no > does it have insane damage (like opticor or tigris) and/or fire rate ? (boltor prime)
        • yes > viable
        • no > not viable

Sorry I'm too lazy to start paint

Also I wouldn't call lvl 50+ "late game", I can already beat that with a MK1-braton that has 1 forma and a potato...

I'm more talking for lvl 100 enemies.

Edited by Trichouette

Find the weakest weapon you consider viable and compare fully modded stats. Use Warframe Builder to give you numbers, but make sure you know exactly what the numbers mean because they aren't straightforward for certain unique trigger types and for melee weapons in general.

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Is it a melee weapons ?

• yes
      • Yes > viable
      • no > not viable
  • no
      • yes > viable
      • no > does it have insane damage (like opticor or tigris) and/or fire rate ? (boltor prime)
        • yes > viable
        • no > not viable

Sorry I'm too lazy to start paint

My status weapons would like to have a word with you

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

My status weapons would like to have a word with you

Status weapons that are effective are rare...

Like acrid or whatever.

Crit is so unbalanced and effective that I didn't even think about including status in my "list"

Edited by Trichouette

40 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Orthos Prime is a viable late-game weapon.

People keep saying that and yet I have no idea why. Maybe against infected...

40 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Galatine is a viable late-game weapon.

Galatine has the amazing chance of having some crazy broken stance to be equipped with... like the "I spin 7 times dealing 400% damage twice/thrice per spin" stance (which isn't broken at all)

And still I have no idea why people would use that weapon in very high level, actually I don't see anyone playing with that thing.

Edited by Trichouette

25 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

People keep saying that and yet I have no idea why. Maybe against infected...

The massive range with Primed Reach lets you hit a large number of enemies with each swing when they are clustered together, letting you build up the combo meter very quickly.

Just now, Inarticulate said:

The massive range with Primed Reach lets you hit a large number of enemies with each swing when they are clustered together, letting you build up the combo meter very quickly.

Yeah I know I figured people like the range of this weapon, but I don't know, I can't really see the point when I can just spin between them with a scindo and slay them all with one hit

21 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Acrid...effective?...what?

Try quanta. Cube bombs. Bite me

acrid if youre a marksman to keep up the headshot bonus it will chew away high level enemies with 3 shots to the head with max status build + duration mod, as for galatine  >> tempo royale with berzerker + body count + toxin mod and reach if going against flying enemies<< no need for reach against grineers and infesteds.

every weapon is viable at killing high levels  some players still haven't bothered to do the adjustments  even a weapon with 0 crits or crit chance will do critical damage if you have the right mods equiped and target weak points on the enemies. how fast they are at killing  sometimes depends on the frame youre using... mirage and nova makes all weapons viable.

Edited by ranks21

On 8/10/2016 at 2:53 PM, Trichouette said:

Is it a melee weapons ?

• yes
      • Yes > viable
      • no > not viable
  • no
      • yes > viable
        • yes > viable
        • no > not viable

Your list of "viable" late-game weapons must be the most boring list I've ever seen, then.

Gas/Electric Twin Basolks that take advantage of the blowback from finishing the multi-hit Swirling Tiger combo stacks damage over time, controls enemies, and knocks enemies down. It's not conventional, but it is effective at reasonable levels of play (as in sortie 3).

Doesn't fit your criteria, though, so I guess it's an awful weapon.

6 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I can just spin between them with a scindo and slay them all with one hit

And you can spin between them with Orthos, and slay them all with one hit. The difference is, Scindo will slay enemies in 1m radius and Orthos - in 8m.

10 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

And you can spin between them with Orthos, and slay them all with one hit. The difference is, Scindo will slay enemies in 1m radius and Orthos - in 8m.

And the fact scindo deals like.... a hundred time more damage ? even though it hit less far and slower.

12 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Your list of "viable" late-game weapons must be the most boring list I've ever seen, then.

Gas/Electric Twin Basolks that take advantage of the blowback from finishing the multi-hit Swirling Tiger combo stacks damage over time, controls enemies, and knocks enemies down. It's not conventional, but it is effective at reasonable levels of play (as in sortie 3).

Doesn't fit your criteria, though, so I guess it's an awful weapon.

What I mean by "viable" is what this game consider as "a fast way to kill many oponents" considering the amount of enemies and their level in sortie 3.

So YES I also can do a weird build with a skana and still be able to take down lvl 80-100 thanks to stance combo and other finisher and stuff, but if you want something efficient... Well most of the time you use crit weapons or fast RoF and/or high damage weapon.

The best CC is death :D

15 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Does it, I wonder?

Hide contents

UAMLgZY.jpg

You're using a x3 multiplier...

With the same multiplier, a scindo prime has around 180% crit chance, add to this the x3 combo multiplier plus the x4 multiplier from cleaving whirlwind + the fact it hits twice (or thrice) per swing + you can do this move 7 time in a row and at a ridiculous speed with berserker (which is lower than orthos p obviously)

So... YES, whatever build you're using, scindo prime will always deal more damage thanks to its higher crit chance, higher base damage, and higher stance multiplier.

Just now, Trichouette said:

So... YES

Nope.

Spoiler

3W4ACB4.jpg

You don't know how the current melee works, do you?

I mean, yeah, Scindo "can" hit harder than Orthos Prime, but it'll be a really garbage weapon at doing that. If you want just to hit hard, you'd be better opting out for Razas.

So, you should really at least try to test things, prior to making like any statements.