Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't the 90% cold damage mods have dash polarities like the other elementals?

Dragazer

Modding for elemental combos would be so much easier if the polarities matched.

It honestly makes no sense to me why only the pure cold damage mods have d polarities while the dual status variants all have the same matching polarities.

This is a major issue when you have builds that require almost all the slots to be formaed, the d polarity on the cold mods make it so that it is stuck on that spot severely limiting your options for elemental combos due to how your mod order influences the combo.

One way to fix this issue would be to change the polarity on the 90% cold mods to a dash polarity to keep it in line with the other 90% elementals 

Another would be to let us choose what elemental combo we want instead of relying on our mod order because that d polarity just makes things too clunky

What are your guys thoughts on this?

heritage from mod/damage 1.0, where elemental damage deals 100% status chance and doesn't combine with each other, allowing "rainbow" builds with fire, electric and ice

and before everything, Vazarin was the mod type focused on defensive bonuses, and since ice can slow down the enemies and Naramon, tactical

at least, they changed an bit these mods, since their bonuses are equal than others, unlike before (ex.: deep freeze was 60% at maximum level, now is 90%)

Honestly I think they do it so we don't do exactly what I always try to do anyway, fall in love with one gun and just try to use it for everything. Personally I wish cold was a dash, and actually I wish polarities weren't even a thing so we could just throw forma onto things to halve the point cost of any mods we felt like using. But from a design standpoint I'm sure it makes sense to force us to build a weapon so it's good for a few things, and then build another one so it covers the other stuff. I've also found that with enough forma, I don't usually have a problem throwing cold in a red slot.