Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I identify a Nightmare Mode alert?

(PSN)Entropy512

Question

OK, we got the Specters of the Rail update on PS4 yesterday.

Today, an alert popped up with a reward I had never seen before, "Energy Focus" at Dione (Saturn), with listed enemy levels somewhere in the mid-upper 20s - nothing I can't handle.  The alert had NO other identifying information I could see differentiating it from any other alert.

I queued in and found myself without any shields at all, taking massive damage and dying over and over again.

This happened multiple times.  Eventually I opened up the laptop and searched for Energy Focus and found that this mod only drops from Nightmare Mode missions and alerts - and the alerts always have "no shields" as a modifier.

So - without pulling out my laptop for EVERY SINGLE alert (I don't always have time to do this), how do I determine that an alert is Nightmare Mode in the new update?  Why the hell doesn't the game mention that there's an active "No Shields" modifier ANYWHERE?

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Phatose said:

The alerts are actually labeled "Nightmare mod located".

This.

All alerts have flavor text that appear in the world state menu and the Warframe alerts Twitter. "Nightmare mod located" is the flavor text used for all Nightmare alerts.

Also note that if the mission type is Hijack, the Nightmare condition will be energy drain instead of no shields for obvious reasons.

32 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Although it certainly wouldn't hurt if they put the 'No shields' limitation in the same manner as they do for sorties.  Not to mention any mission that is on a node with another mission is totally screwed in regards to details about the mission selected.

Quite definitely room for improvement here. No?

2 hours ago, Phatose said:

Well it appears this is no longer the case with star chart 3.0.

LSnqRpz.jpg?1

Though to be fair, nightmare and auras are the only mods that are in alerts, but for new players there is nothing to even suggest it is a special mission whatsoever now.

Edited by Xekrin

35 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Yeah, noticed they removed the flavor text.  Seems you can't use that anymore, guess you need to know which mods are nightmare mods.

Yup.  That's the problem - a new player is NOT going to know this based simply on the mod reward in the new system released yesterday.  (Today is the first time I've seen a non-aura mod, maybe because I avoided "weird-colored" nodes on the old starchart.)