The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Master Rank should matter......

(PSN)bddacres

3 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Have you ever hoped into pubs and seen a mr 2 begging the group to leave the because he is doing zero damage or, seen a "draco" screw up a tactical alert because he's so used to playing dps that he forgot that the game doesn't revolve around it this is (imo) because of lose mastery rank restricts and matchmaking. Mr should restrict players to some extent (eh mr 12 tops). Matching making should put players of similar mr into groups together first. Thoughts

I agree that our matchmaking should be improved, but I've yet to see what you're describing with the MR2 player.

As to MR actually "meaning" something, I think it should be attained in 3 tiers, Primary, Secondary and Melee, so we know what kind of player we have on our teams.  BUT I don't think it should be an indicator of a players skill - that's subjective and arbitrary.  My definition of skill is probably different from everyone else's on the forums.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Eh at this point I think a break, a breather, and a good long look at chosen words will do everyone some good.

The main issue was conflict on what the OP said as it seemed to take a "This and that" kind of approach and started to devolve into what can only be described as a mis-communication, as I said, as far as I was aware this thread started as a "Use MR to restrict the search of games" which held until the last page so now, I don't really know what the point of this thread is...

Just now, Noamuth said:

I agree that our matchmaking should be improved, but I've yet to see what you're describing with the MR2 player.

As to MR actually "meaning" something, I think it should be attained in 3 tiers, Primary, Secondary and Melee, so we know what kind of player we have on our teams.  BUT I don't think it should be an indicator of a players skill - that's subjective and arbitrary.  My definition of skill is probably different from everyone else's on the forums.

I just gave an example of what happens to me on occasions (i dont usually do mr caps on missions) where low mrs want to leave not because of skill but because their gear doesnt do any damage so they get bored 

2 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

The main issue was conflict on what the OP said as it seemed to take a "This and that" kind of approach and started to devolve into what can only be described as a mis-communication, as I said, as far as I was aware this thread started as a "Use MR to restrict the search of games" which held until the last page so now, I don't really know what the point of this thread is...

The team draco stated the derailment more than any other thing i said tbh 

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

I just gave an example of what happens to me on occasions (i dont usually do mr caps on missions) where low mrs want to leave not because of skill but because their gear doesnt do any damage so they get bored 

I think the tone in your original post came off wrong then. Remember, text makes it harder to get ideas across without body language so word choice is a high priority in preventing miscommunication.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

And I was just answering your question.

9 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Have you ever hoped into pubs and seen a mr 2 begging the group to leave the because he is doing zero damage or, seen a "draco" screw up a tactical alert because he's so used to playing dps that he forgot that the game doesn't revolve around it this is (imo) because of lose mastery rank restricts and matchmaking

7 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

The team draco stated the derailment more than any other thing i said tbh 

To be fair to the people who brought it up, It was Derogatory, it didn't represent the people who you were trying to say and in the context of the topic, it still went on with the topic of "Why MR should matter".

3 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

To be fair to the people who brought it up, It was Derogatory, it didn't represent the people who you were trying to say and in the context of the topic, it still went on with the topic of "Why MR should matter".

Tbh most of the people offended dont even fall in that category. Also,not to sound blunt but a video game term such as that shouldnt really be taken so seriously but that is not to say everyone is entitled to feel or, conduct themselves as they please

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

Tbh most of the people offended dont even fall in that category. Also,not to sound blunt but a video game term such as that shouldnt really be taken so seriously but that is not to say everyone is entitled to feel or, conduct themselves as they please

People flinch and react when they think other people are being mistreated. Doesn't mean it affects them personally, its just a sort of reflex for some people.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

People flinch and react when they think other people are being mistreated. Doesn't mean it affects them personally, its just a sort of reflex for some people.

ahh i see but, that just didnt make sense to me as my statement was a generalization and a direct statement encouraging me to mill myself because of a suggestion was completely overlooked so to each's own

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

ahh i see but, that just didnt make sense to me as my statement was a generalization and a direct statement encouraging me to mill myself because of a suggestion was completely overlooked so to each's own

As I said earlier. Tone is easy to misrepresent in pure text. I'd suggest a different arrangement of words if you try again.

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

a direct statement encouraging me to mill myself

Ignoring, for a moment, the hilarious typo, please tell me where this happened? Because I would have called that person out if I had seen them.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

my statement was a generalization

That doesn't help at all. If I make a generalization about women that offends people I will be called out and rightly so. The most offensive statements people make are usually generalizations.

5 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

This is definitely true. You don't have to belong to the offended group to stand up for them. And if a term is derogatory when most people say it, then it's a derogatory term. You don't get to use it and claim "I didn't mean it in a derogatory way." Racial slurs are a good example of this. I have actually met people who used racial slurs and then claimed that they "don't use it in a racist way." But it doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

If the OP can't even get the main "point" of the thread across without spanning 7 pages of pure BS arguing then what even is the point?

OP's cherry-picking of opinions isn't helping that much either.

You don't want people to think you're a noob hater? Maybe you should've made that clear because that's pretty much what everyone got out of your thread.

I'm done here, this thread really makes us all look like suckers.

5 hours ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Have you ever hoped into pubs and seen a mr 2 begging the group to leave the because he is doing zero damage or, seen a "draco" screw up a tactical alert because he's so used to playing dps that he forgot that the game doesn't revolve around it this is (imo) because of lose mastery rank restricts and matchmaking. Mr should restrict players to some extent (eh mr 12 tops). Matching making should put players of similar mr into groups together first. Thoughts

No, matchmaking only for PvP.
I still want to help newbies.

Optional? okay to me.. lets have people like you an option to enable matchmaking for themselves.