The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLease remove the 2nd dream requirement for getting Titania

Mak_Gohae

37 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

What's the point of that? Seriously. I guess it's tied to some story the 2nd  has so you must see it in order but then why do that?

I've been saying for a bit now that lore quest should be separate from game mechanics for many reasons, one of them being that this mean lore takes forever, but now we have another one.

Now people are being limited on getting Warframes.

Except The 2nd Dream introduces the Orokin Moon Tileset and upgrades Stalker to Shadow Stalker. Plus it keeps every brand new player from running Titania. It's already bad enough that every newbie is running around with prime weapons, I'd rather people have at least some understanding of the game before they get the keys to the kingdom

40 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

What's the point of that? Seriously. I guess it's tied to some story the 2nd  has so you must see it in order but then why do that?

I've been saying for a bit now that lore quest should be separate from game mechanics for many reasons, one of them being that this mean lore takes forever, but now we have another one.

How do you have 10,000 posts and haven't completed the second dream? The quest isn't difficult by any means. I really enjoyed it to be honest.

Anyways, everything can't be 100% unlocked from the gate. Some stuff needs to be behind certain walls or this game wouldn't be worth anything. There would be no progression

19 minutes ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

I'm just going to say that right off the bat, there was something that would have spoiled the Second Dream in the quest, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

They shouldn't have done that.

9 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

*sigh*

Why? You haven't explained in the OP well.

To do this you need Second Dream, for the Second Dream you need Natah, for Natah you need to scan a random Sentient drone that spawns in one planet.

Who knows to scan that drone? Only if you know beforehand do you do something other than try to kill it before it runs away.

So to get Titania you have absolutely no start point because no one is told in game to scan the drone. The Lotus just says some weird crap is happening with no info.

It's an extremely long run-around with no solid starting point.

10 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

To do this you need Second Dream, for the Second Dream you need Natah, for Natah you need to scan a random Sentient drone that spawns in one planet.

Who knows to scan that drone? Only if you know beforehand do you do something other than try to kill it before it runs away.

So to get Titania you have absolutely no start point because no one is told in game to scan the drone. The Lotus just says some weird crap is happening with no info.

Mak. That's....not a good rationale, at all. I highly doubt that there are more than a handful of people who are effectively locked out of the questline through ignorance of the starting conditions. A literal handful, count them on your fingers. If that were a problem, the solution is not to cut lore out of the game altogether, the solution would be to make the questline have a clearer beginning point. I think this is a little disingenuous on your part, mate, as we all know that what's underneath this is your personal dislike of the Second Dream and its outcome.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, very neatly shot down. Quests are now linked to Junction unlocking, so a newbie will be introduced to the main lore questline, just by advancing through the system.

Next objection, please.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 minute ago, RavenScourge said:

pretty sure you don't have to scan things in-game to start the quests anymore? aren't they now rewarded at completed junctions? i know the second dream is rewarded on a uranus junction so..

I myself have no problem with them being behind quests, it makes it more rewarding to me.

I have no idea what comes from junctions.  I have done a couple - but not nearly all of them.

4 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

They shouldn't have done it because it is not good for the argument or?  In any event - they did it. 

Just now, Meliq said:

I have no idea what comes from junctions.  I have done a couple - but not nearly all of them.

it seems that's how it works now? the preview of the rewards are usually at the bottom of the junction tasks list, so ergo you complete that junction, you can get the quest? idk but I am pretty sure i saw the second dream quest as a reward for completing the uranus junction.

1 minute ago, RavenScourge said:

it seems that's how it works now? the preview of the rewards are usually at the bottom of the junction tasks list, so ergo you complete that junction, you can get the quest? idk but I am pretty sure i saw the second dream quest as a reward for completing the uranus junction.

I saw a bunch of quests there too.  I can see that being done as it helps the story progression.  I am beginning to think that resetting everyone's progression might actually help, because then we'd have an idea of where things are at. [I am not in favor of resetting everyone's progression]

Edited by Meliq

14 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The quests do not take long, and the codex will show you what quests you are missing. It's a really simple matter to figure out how/where to start a specific quest. I'm sure all your answers can be found on these forums in threads here.

The quests have a good bit of lore. Locking certain things behind quest or MR rank is a way to organize progression and give more stepping stones instead of throwing it at us all at once. 

I'd much rather "grind" out the second dream then than try and farm equinox or mesa or some other frame again that really is a pain to get

Edited by Mutt2679

13 minutes ago, RavenScourge said:

pretty sure you don't have to scan things in-game to start the quests anymore? aren't they now rewarded at completed junctions? i know the second dream is rewarded on a uranus junction so..

I myself have no problem with them being behind quests, it makes it more rewarding to me.

i dont need to do junctions, besides the earth one, so i dont know what they do. Isnt the reward the ability to repeat the quests?

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mak. That's....not a good rationale, at all. I highly doubt that there are more than a handful of people who are effectively locked out of the questline through ignorance of the starting conditions. A literal handful, count them on your fingers. 

You are going to show me data.

Pretty much all the time people encounter these things they just kill them.

I had to wiki to figure this out. So it's up to the player to figure stuff out outside the game.

If that were a problem, the solution is not to cut lore out of the game altogether, the solution would be to make the questline have a clearer beginning point.

i never said cut the lore. I just said separate the quest, dont have one line tied to the other.

I think this is a little disingenuous on your part, mate, as we all know that what's underneath this is your personal dislike of the Second Dream and its outcome.

And? People hate A-wing and they say that, people dont like X,Y,Z, and they post this on the board.

Why is it an issue when i do it? The whole board is doing it. The whole board is giving their suggestions.  How come i cant give suggestions? If i search through your history, would i not see you making posts with you giving suggestions on how you wants things to go?

Edited by Mak_Gohae

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Nothing is "limiting you". It's right there for sale on the market.

Titania did not exist a month ago, and your game worked just fine. Now a new Frame appears, and just because you might not have it (for free) for a week, you go into a panic?

18 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

You are going to show me data.

Pretty much all the time people encounter these things they just kill them.

I had to wiki to figure this out. So it's up to the player to figure stuff out outside the game.

Mak, a lot of the time when people say this, they're just being snarky or joking or exaggerating. I am not doing any of those things.
              I literally just laughed out loud at your post.

I am going to show you data? Cool demand, mate. It's fair for you to ask for data. Let me show you data which deletes your entire objection.

Warframe0221_zpsycz1toms.jpg

In the new map, advancing through the Solar System requires completing quests, and then ties into new ones. Complete Neptune, and you get the Second Dream. If you don't know about it, the game quite literally tells you that there is a quest which you're missing. In the new map, players cannot be locked out of Quests through ignorance.

Like I said, Mak. Bring your next hollow objection.

'You are going to show me data." 
           Pfffff.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

5 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

i dont need to do junctions, besides the earth one, so i dont know what they do. Isnt the reward the ability to repeat the quests?

No, the junctions will unlock the ability to start some of the quests. As far as I know I don't think we can repeat them as of yet.

4 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I don't need to do the junctions since I did unlock the starchart before the update, but I did them anyway even if i didn't need to (I wanted to scan the spectres and I'm a tad OCD about completing things like this) and on one I got rewarded a questline which didn't do anything as far as I know and since I'd already completed said quest. I'm pretty sure its just an easier way for new players to get the quests and obviously more rewarding for new players to unlock the junctions other than just the next planet in the system.

4 minutes ago, Mutt2679 said:

No, the junctions will unlock the ability to start some of the quests. As far as I know I don't think we can repeat them as of yet.

But, if we were to ask for something - that would certainly be one of the ones i want!

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

oh by the way the quest contains spoilers for second dream you get audio logs that mention a certain person 

This is the main reason why The Second Dream is a pre-requisite. This is a lore drop on us, so we must have done the first major story quest to do this. Yes, I consider TSD to be the first real story quest in this game. Why? CUTSCENES.