The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLease remove the 2nd dream requirement for getting Titania

Mak_Gohae

4 hours ago, Unus said:

AHA, I SEE what the original poster is trying to say. He wants an experience similar to Overwatch's where the story is maintained completely separate from what goes on in the game, isolated in their own little bubbles. I HATE THAT APPROACH WITH A FIREY AND U. . .(ahem), I understand that you are disappointed with the route that the game has taken since the truth was finally revealed to us. But, as I said, it's all in the past, there is no hope of changeing the course now sir/mam. The best you can do now is adapt to what you have been given. Treat this as a microcosm of reality, take the hand your dealt with and make the most of it, that is all.

Never said this.

Just said, again, dont have frames require the completion of main quest lines. That's it.

Most frames have their own story, their own quest that do not require some outside thing to get them. Do it like that.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@Mak_Gohae

No, Mak. I feel you are almost willfully misunderstanding me. All of those quests remain linked, and are still pre-requisites. You must still do the Second Dream before the Silver Grove. The difference is that the new solar system map means that it is impossible to progress through the system without being made aware of the quests.

Your stated objection: What if someone misses the Natah quest by not scanning the Oculyst?

Answer: The game will tell them that there is a Natah quest and that they must complete it to progress past Uranus. All they need do, if they truly don't know what to do, is ask literally anyone, "Hey, how do I get this 'Natah' quest?"

That was your objection, right? Your only objection? You were only ever concerned for new players who might have missed a slightly oblique quest trigger early on? Now that we have demonstrated that the game's new system for the map and quests makes it impossible to just not notice a quest, that means that you have absolutely no objections left, correct? Your problem was only ever with game structure and the flow of the questline? Right?

The issue still remains unless you reach that point in the game.

And no that was not my only objection. My main objection is that they shouldn't tie main storyline quest to obtaining frames.

3 hours ago, Vargras said:

You have to do Second Dream because the Titania questline requires you to go to the Moon... which you unlock from doing Second Dream.

This has nothing to do with "why do I have to do a quest that has nothing to do with Titania", and everything with you wanting instant access and gratification. It makes complete and total sense that you have a prerequisite quest -- there's lots of quests in-game with prerequisite quest requirements.

The very second sentence in the OP i stated that the frame quest is probably tied to the 2nd dream because of some story reason. So where exactly did you get that idea from?

And, no, most frame quests do not require other quests not tied to acquiring the frame to obtain them.

22 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Never said this.

Just said, again, dont have frames require the completion of main quest lines. That's it.

Most frames have their own story, their own quest that do not require some outside thing to get them. Do it like that.

The issue still remains unless you reach that point in the game.

And no that was not my only objection. My main objection is that they shouldn't tie main storyline quest to obtaining frames.

The very second sentence in the OP i stated that the frame quest is probably tied to the 2nd dream because of some story reason. So where exactly did you get that idea from?

And, no, most frame quests do not require other quests not tied to acquiring the frame to obtain them.

you need lunar grass only spawns on the moon and margolus  audio logs are inside the quest so yes even if 2nd dream was not a requrment you would still have to do 2nd dream de is just making it so new players dont lose there heads trying to find the lunar grass that they cant get till they do 2nd dream. and once again not doing 2nd dream anyway is a stupid thing to do since warwithin and all future quests will be tied to it deal with it or leave 

If you really really need her and you haven't done the quest then buy her otherwise im sure you'll live till you have done what is a turning point in quests for the better. Its not like your starved for choice when it comes to alternative frames to play until your get around to doing SD.

Actually, I believe the reason why the Second Dream is a requirement is because one of the flowers, Lunar Pitcher, needed to continue the quest can only be found on the moon, which is only unlocked after you beat the Second Dream. I think DE didn't want to leave you to sit there in the middle of the quest wanting more when you can't get past one part because you can't get a flower. 

16 minutes ago, TheMortemShadow said:

Actually, I believe the reason why the Second Dream is a requirement is because one of the flowers, Lunar Pitcher, needed to continue the quest can only be found on the moon, which is only unlocked after you beat the Second Dream. I think DE didn't want to leave you to sit there in the middle of the quest wanting more when you can't get past one part because you can't get a flower. 

Nope. The Second Dream is a requirement because this quest references things that are revealed in The Second Dream (e.g. transference).

7 hours ago, hazerddex said:

umm having to do archwing to get limbo is the exact same as having to do 2nd dream to get titania you are making no sense 

you seem to be missing the point of this topic the point is the op is refusing to do a quest because it is tied to 2nd dream much as archwing is tied to limbos quest (infact you have to do the archwing quest to even start limbos quest)

but because of his folish "pride" or what ever it is he thinks hes entitled to force de to change it. because he refuses to progress in the game.

It is not foolish pride. There is difference AW and SD. You can make the archwing and finish those missions once and later on farm for limbo but after that if you not want you don't need to touch them. The operators are different kind of things because literally they are announcers and sometimes you could use them in battle. Why I need to play the quest and care for them forever until the game dies? That is a feature which is not wanted for some of us and we are just progress what we want and what is not need.

For your and Khaine question if there will be another quests where they connected to the SD then maybe we will use our wallet to get them or finish the quests if there is no any solution. That is ruining the own lore what you built around the game and these operators cannot be completely ignored because they are now part of the game and that would be silly from Devs to remove them because a part of the community not like them.

And again what is unique not always mean that is good. Some people like it some others won't.

3 minutes ago, Grekkatarq said:

It is not foolish pride. There is difference AW and SD. You can make the archwing and finish those missions once and later on farm for limbo but after that if you not want you don't need to touch them. The operators are different kind of things because literally they are announcers and sometimes you could use them in battle. Why I need to play the quest and care for them forever until the game dies? That is a feature which is not wanted for some of us and we are just progress what we want and what is not need.

For your and Khaine question if there will be another quests where they connected to the SD then maybe we will use our wallet to get them or finish the quests if there is no any solution. That is ruining the own lore what you built around the game and these operators cannot be completely ignored because they are now part of the game and that would be silly from Devs to remove them because a part of the community not like them.

And again what is unique not always mean that is good. Some people like it some others won't.

thats called foolish pride

also atlas requres achwing as well so does jordis precept  so you cant really ignore archwing if you want some arcanes just like you have to do second dream if you want to progress in the game.

im sorry your precious fan fic was not what de intend but thats life often authors make choices that some readers wont like thats part of world building 

also thats your opinion thats its bad its not a fact thats its bad i like it and im sure meny others like it personalty i though it was brilliant 

7 hours ago, Khaine62 said:

So the fanfiction (which can actually be pretty cool) that you've cooked up in you're head is more important than the game itself? 

Again, what shall you do when more and more content is released and you can't do any of it? Wait for DE to change their minds? What if they release something for the lore that you actually like and want to experience? 

You say the story is ruined? The story isn't not even done yet. There's still stuff we don't know and we haven't encountered yet. I say you're hurting yourself because of one thing you don't like in the lore you will throw away all the rest of the potential of in the game and DE can come up with. I say you're hurting yourself because you're limiting the depth of your experience.

See. The game can be changed at any point and any time and may be the operators could evolve into mature persons later or could use the warframes as armor and wear them instead of controlling them. It is a game and the major point is the enjoying and if you find a part what not really enjoy then it is not necessary to leave a game just because you not like a part. The story is ruined at that point they introduced the operators as tennos which wouldn't be bad itself just the way they implemented it. Back in time there were much less story and the tenno was a mysterious thing what we didn't knew then and everyone who play from the old times made a story around them. This is a simple thing what humans do when there haven't a solid lore and facts about a tenno. There is no guarantee a change will be liked by all of the playerbase because we all are different and we all are like to use our own stories and lore built around the game. This is the lore part which is a thing and there is the use part the operators what is a little bit annoying when you have your own story.

In long term maybe hurting myself with not doing that quest or alert or something but that is my own statement and my own duty to select what I want from the game.

I am fine to doing the other quests and doing my daily routine.

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

thats called foolish pride

also atlas requres achwing as well so does jordis precept  so you cant really ignore archwing if you want some arcanes just like you have to do second dream if you want to progress in the game.

im sorry your precious fan fic was not what de intend but thats life often authors make choices that some readers wont like thats part of world building 

also thats your opinion thats its bad its not a fact thats its bad i like it and im sure meny others like it personalty i though it was brilliant 

I still not tried to hunt for Atlas just because I have no so much time to grind so I am just doing the most needed stuffs or just playing few rounds a day. This is a personal taste and there is no reason to continue this because you cannot convice me to do something what I don't want. Deal with it you won't be lesser if you doing your game and let me enjoy mine :)

12 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

What's the point of that? Seriously. I guess it's tied to some story the 2nd  has so you must see it in order but then why do that?

I've been saying for a bit now that lore quest should be separate from game mechanics for many reasons, one of them being that this mean lore takes forever, but now we have another one.

Now people are being limited on getting Warframes.

its completely logical.. it has to follow the content order such as lore etc oO

5 minutes ago, Grekkatarq said:

I still not tried to hunt for Atlas just because I have no so much time to grind so I am just doing the most needed stuffs or just playing few rounds a day. This is a personal taste and there is no reason to continue this because you cannot convice me to do something what I don't want. Deal with it you won't be lesser if you doing your game and let me enjoy mine :)

for one but in order to under stand anything in this quest you A need to beable to go to the moon that requres Second dream being finished and B know what happened in second dream to understand what they are talking about in it,

this quest it opened a huge well of possibility 

tenno are not the only ones that can do transference 

how warframes are made and who made the warframes 

Edited by hazerddex

3 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

for one but in order to under stand anything in this quest you A need to beable to go to the moon that requres Second dream being finished and B know what happened in second dream to understand what they are talking about in it,

this quest it opened a huge well of possibility 

Reveal hidden contents

tenno are not the only ones that can do transference 

how warframes are made and who made the warframes 

Which probably leads into what we'll find out in WW...

Spoiler

Probably how the Warframes are made, or what they're made of. And maybe even, who the Stalker actually is, and why Tenshin wants us dead in the trailer.

Nopes, they can't remove the second dream requirement

too much of the quest builds off of the second dream

1. Transference

2. DA MOON

3. Margulis and Balis

and it leaves several things opened for theorizing

can other people use transferance outside of orokin and tenno?

why was an scientist who helped develop the infested called in to help make Titania? Are warframes made from a similar thing as the nanocite virus was?

20 hours ago, Khaine62 said:

So it sucks that they keep making goals for newer players to set out to achieve? 

When did i say this?

What should DE do then?

Do what they do with most other frames. Have their own quest line NOT be tied to the main quest line.

Just hand us everything and give us nothing to do? You don't want to wait that long? You don't to play for it?

Said several times i have no issue with doing frame quest lines. Whatever those entail.

They gave you way out: pay some cash or trade some parts for plat and keep steppin'. 

This is true but that doesnt fix the issue.

There's multiple ways to get virtually anything in the game. It literally just sounds like you don't want to do any of them.

why does it sound like this when i never said anything about this?

20 hours ago, Venom-Snake said:

This thread is going nowhere.

You need to do The Archwing to access Jupiter and beyond.

You need to do The Stolen Dreams to access Europa.

You need to do The New Strange to access Saturn and beyond.

You need to do Natah to access Neptune.

You need to do the Second Dream to access Pluto.

You need to do the Second Dream to have The Silver Grove.

You need to do the Second Dream because The Silver Grove has spoilers of The Second Dream.

You need to do the Second Dream because one of the materials you need to progress in The Silver Grove is on the Moon.

The Natah quest is still unknown until you get to the junction. BTW, because of invites, people can still skip over to other planets, right?

And the point is that they should limit people to different phases of the game when it comes to acquiring frames.

If you cared about the Quests requiring other Quests to be unlocked and get their subsequent rewards, you would have said something when SotR came out. But no, you problem is ONLY with The Second Dream because it does not fit your views.

And we keep on this circle of people trying to reason with you, and you denying. On and on and on and on....

Given that this is not about quest requiring quest, the title and the OP is clear that this is about the frame, i think you should understand why you think you are going in a circles.

Because you discussing an argument that wasnt brought up.

I have no issue with the main quest storyline having chapters and requiring you to do the chapters in order. I have an issue that getting a frame is now tied to that main quest line. Those are two different things. This is about the frame.

In fact, just to throw you folks a bone here, i would be fine if this was done with Umbra. Cause that's just another Ex variation. But having a unique frame is not cool.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

When did i say this?

Do what they do with most other frames. Have their own quest line NOT be tied to the main quest line.

Said several times i have no issue with doing frame quest lines. Whatever those entail.

This is true but that doesn't fix the issue.

why does it sound like this when i never said anything about this?

My entire response to you is coming from the tone of your entire argument and reading in between the lines. You just don't like how they decided to tie this to into the lore. You act as though you preference is more important than DE's execution or vision. And considering, as others have pointed, that you don't like where the lore turned, it's obvious what the complaint truly is. 

The only major issue is you. There is nothing else to it. There are others like you, who don't like where the lore went or the Second Dream, but they were at least mature about it. This entire thread is just a major bout of crying that DE should do what you want them to. You can give no true reason of what's wrong with Titania's acquisition method while others have given numerous reasons and entire pages of why it's a good thing. 

Whew. This thread has gone through 7 pages of people explaining the lore link between The Silver Grove and The Second Dream, with a few personal attacks thrown in (now removed). Thank you for sharing your feedback Mak, and thank you to everyone who remained respectful.

I am locking this thread as it can only lead to a) reptition of the same sentiment and b) further insults. Thanks !