Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics: A one-step refinement process is not enough.

(PSN)Silverback73

When I first heard about how we'd be able to push the percentages for a particular part in a "relic pool", I was excited because my mind imagined a refinement process where you could continually invest in a relic to weight the chances higher and higher, even if on a curve.

I get that 4 players with a radiant relic gives you four slightly weighted rolls of the dice, but now we are farming/grinding/time-sinking a refinement process which doesn't really allow for that much RNG compensation...

Am I missing something?  Enlighten me?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

4 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

When I first heard about how we'd be able to push the percentages for a particular part in a "relic pool", I was excited because my mind imagined a refinement process where you could continually invest in a relic to weight the chances higher and higher, even if on a curve.

I get that 4 players with a radiant relic gives you four slightly weighted rolls of the dice, but now we are farming/grinding/time-sinking a refinement process which doesn't really allow for that much RNG compensation...

Right on point here.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You are talking like that one relic is like incredible, extremely rare lol.

Imagine investing like 1000 Void Traces into a relic to make it drop 80% rare and still get the common item afterwards, lol.

Farm for a few hours, get 10 of that relic type, then you can make them all Radiant, problem solved. 

Yeah multiple refinements would be cool, even if curved, I mean 600-1000 total traces for a 95% drop rate for the Gold would be fine by me, it's like a longer term investment you can work to over many days, instead of; grind for an hour, refine - forma BP... Repeat....

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Nope you are 100% correct. It sucks man. This new system is bad.

I'm not trying for another "communal commiseration thread".  

My hope was that players who had advanced beyond mid-game were rewarded with a new system that allowed them to invest in favorable odds at reduced cost.

Here's the crux of my concern:

I wonder if there is any data showing that fissure runs for creating Radiant Relics is actually a favorable time-sink vs running multiple Standard Relics.

Or are we just being given the illusion of slightly weighted control to extend the whole farming process with an extra step to encourage plat buys?

It would be easy to do.  You make one key part drop twice to three times as rare as it was with the Void System.  Then you use the "Trace System" as an additional time sink to get you BACK to the baseline % chance.  Voila!  Instant illusion of improved chance.

I'd like a system where I could invest more time in fissure runs and less in syndicate rep (relic buys) and ducat fodder if it meant a sure thing.

My impression is that the juice may not be worth the squeeze if we can't weight our chances further. 

Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73