Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can i get ban for this ?

TennoPain

Question

21 answers to this question

That shoudl not be a Problem. I play at Home and at University during breaks, didn't had any Issues so far (and they can't just ban you because your IP changed, that is no Reason for a Ban).

Accounts don't get deleted due to inactivity (atleast i have guys on my friendslist who were last online way over 1000 Days ago and their accounts still exist)

Accounts aren't deleted due to inactivity. 

As for your account getting banned because you now have a totally different IP address -- that seems somewhat unlikely. Sometimes people play on vacation, etc, so I really doubt the system would ban you for that. 

However, if you are really worried about support being suspicious about potential activity on your account that doesn't make sense to them, you could send them a note letting them know that you are moving and your location will be changing in a big way, just to avoid any possible confusion/suspicion. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

However, if you are really worried about support being suspicious about potential activity on your account that doesn't make sense to them, you could send them a note letting them know that you are moving and your location will be changing in a big way, just to avoid any possible confusion/suspicion. 

I can actually contribute a bit more to the topic of support beeing suspicious. A while back (a year or more) i was on vacation and when i got back my account was banned, when i contacted Support they told me that they banned my account for security Reasons because someone with a different IP adress logged into my Account and transfered all of my Platinum and tradable Items to another Account. I just had to change my Password and i got everything back and was unbanned again. So just a different IP Adress won't raise any Flags unless you transfer alot of Stuff to a different Account. And even then you can still contact Support and will have your Account back in no time.

24 minutes ago, Evers said:

I can actually contribute a bit more to the topic of support beeing suspicious. A while back (a year or more) i was on vacation and when i got back my account was banned, when i contacted Support they told me that they banned my account for security Reasons because someone with a different IP adress logged into my Account and transfered all of my Platinum and tradable Items to another Account. I just had to change my Password and i got everything back and was unbanned again. So just a different IP Adress won't raise any Flags unless you transfer alot of Stuff to a different Account. And even then you can still contact Support and will have your Account back in no time.

I'm a little confused here... did someone manage to hack into your account because you were using an insecure wifi while on vacation, and then support banned the account because the person sent your items/plat to their account? It sounds like that is what you are saying, but I just want to clarify. 

I imagine then that if he did a lot of trading, even if it wasn't one sided like in your case, shortly after moving, that it could possibly raise a red flag or something. 

I have mates coming over to play on my network, so I've had 3 people here at once, and no one got banned. Did not even occur to me that it might be a problem.

I'm worried about my get cat playing Warframe however, I think cats are not covered in the EULA. Also, when she saw the flying Fairy she went nuts.

8 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm a little confused here... did someone manage to hack into your account because you were using an insecure wifi while on vacation, and then support banned the account because the person sent your items/plat to their account? It sounds like that is what you are saying, but I just want to clarify. 

I imagine then that if he did a lot of trading, even if it wasn't one sided like in your case, shortly after moving, that it could possibly raise a red flag or something. 

Nono i wasn't playing while i was on Vacation had nothing to do with insecure wifi (i never play using wifi). Somehow my Account was just hacked and the Person got his hands on my Password and Email Adress (atleast thtats what the Support told me).

But yes the Person took all my Items and Plat and transfered those to his/her account.

Traiding itself should not raise a flag alone. Its also about what you get in return.

9 hours ago, TennoPain said:

I'm planing to move to another city if my address changes can i lose my account ? (IP stuff)

No.

Beside many player have dynamic IP.  Like me, my IP changes automatically once every 24 hours. And i newer have any problem. If you don't start doing "shady things", you shouldn't have any problems.

1 hour ago, Evers said:

Nono i wasn't playing while i was on Vacation had nothing to do with insecure wifi (i never play using wifi). Somehow my Account was just hacked and the Person got his hands on my Password and Email Adress (atleast thtats what the Support told me).

But yes the Person took all my Items and Plat and transfered those to his/her account.

Traiding itself should not raise a flag alone. Its also about what you get in return.

One does not simply guess the email and password, if you know what i mean.

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

One does not simply guess the email and password, if you know what i mean.

I know what you mean. Thats why im still curious how it was done since that my account was hacked was all that the Supportagent back then was willing to tell me.

Edited by Evers

13 hours ago, TennoPain said:

I'm planing to move to another city if my address changes can i lose my account ? (IP stuff)

PS. how long does it take to get my account deleted due to inactivity ?

It shouldn't be a problem at all. If you are worried, just ask support to be sure. That is what I did when I made an alternate account.

In all the years that I have been playing Warframe, I have used not only my home internet (fixed IP), but also WiFi at work (when my company allowed access) and my mobile hotspot (where my IP changes every time I boot the device) and a few other places.  I have never had a problem with different IPs causing a ban.