Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice for Today's Sortie - Specifically the Assassination(25/8/2016)

OnTarasMind

So, I'm sure that there's quite a few of you who have tried to do today's Sortie assassination and failed, and I've seen quite a few people fail for one reason or another. I'm making this thread to give advice to the people who are trying to complete it, so here's what I have to give:

• Play Loki or Ivara

The invisibility really helps with the roller-balls, as well as keeping Kela's rockets/missiles/etc off of you during the fight itself. Plus, Loki's mobility makes dodging the missile strikes very easy.

• Do the regular assassination before doing the Sortie version to learn how to do it

I happened to play the sortie mission itself with people who had no idea what they were doing. They were not stepping on the pressure plates at the beginning, not dodging all the missile strikes, and not standing on the pressure plates again. It will make your life, and everyone else's life in the mission MUCH easier. Trust me.

• (Suggested by (PS4)SunnyNevermind) Bring a high rate of fire weapon, and if possible, one with high status chance/corrosive damage

These weapons make shooting the targets much easier, and if they can strip the armor off of Kela, that will also make your life much easier.

• (Suggested by TRSS) If four Lokis isn't cutting it, bring a Limbo

Limbo's ultimate can negate all the damage from the missile strikes if everyone stands in it, so if you're having trouble dodging the missile strikes, bring the good ol' mysterious stranger with you.

If I happen to think of anything else that could help you during the fight, I'll be sure to edit this post and add it. If they're suggestions from people in the thread, I'll be sure to give you credit for the idea.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

A high Rate-of-fire secondary weapon can be used to make it easier to shoot the green spots when standing on pressure plates.

=D that's all I can think of.. Also personally I find it easier to dodge the Missles (when timer expires) by going down to the lower level and rolling underneath the platforms.

Edit: I dont even know the "restriction" today's sorties XD.. so ..

Edited by (PS4)SunnyNevermind

4 minutes ago, TRSS said:

I played with limbo to have temporal invulnerability which helped surviving the orbital strikes and reviving allies without getting harassed by rollers.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)SunnyNevermind said:

A high Rate-of-fire secondary weapon can be used to make it easier to shoot the green spots when standing on pressure plates.

=D that's all I can think of.. Also personally I find it easier to dodge the Missles (when timer expires) by going down to the lower level and rolling underneath the platforms.

Edit: I dont even know the "restriction" today's sorties XD.. so ..

Thank you for the suggestions, I have added them to the post.

The best warframe for this sortie would be Nezha.  His Halo ability can nullify rollers, and now since he can cast it on others, it will make things a lot easier for the party.  I can solo Kela's with my Nezha, haven't tried it on the Sortie version though.

Here is some massively useful tips: 

Bring a high duration/strength Ash with the Seeking Shuriken and Smoke Shadow augment, this way the Ash can cloak the team to defend from rollers and strip armor off Kela. (Ash has much more use than a bladestorm spammer people!) 

Bring high status-chance Viral weapons or Cold weapons as Viral cuts Kela's HP in half and Cold procs make Kela much easier to hit due to the slow effect. 

Additionally, Ignis makes hitting the spinning targets a non-issue as you don't even need to aim with it. Just look at the general direction of the spinning plate and fire off. 

My team can do Kela in about 3-5 mins easily. 

Edited by Agentawesome

14 minutes ago, wKmike said:

Seriously, Frost Is all you need. I've done every Khela sortie since they started and it is incredibly easy every time.

Nezha is now better than Frost for teamplay.  Although Snow Globe is great against rollers, it isn't 100%.  Halo nullify rollers and knockdown effects completely, which is VERY useful in the second stage of orbital bombardment (the one is which the 4 outer platforms can knock you up during the 2nd phase strike).  Halo also good at prevent one-shots from missiles, although the globe is more efficient if everyone is coordinated.

38 minutes ago, wKmike said:

Seriously, Frost Is all you need. I've done every Khela sortie since they started and it is incredibly easy every time.

Just did with players using frost and casting multiple snow globe, and he went down once the orbital strike came.

I prefer Wukong with duration build on defy.

Primary choice:

Synoid simulor with viral element.

Any pistol will do, as you can hit the rotating puzzle.

P.S, get some ammo pad to help out.

If a player is casting snowglobe and still going down. Then his bubble is not big enough. The orbital strikes have AOE, which is completely nullified if the bubble is big enough.

I literally just stand there pressing 3 once in a while every time the bombardment comes

On 8/25/2016 at 7:49 PM, Zia_Avenicia said:

So, I'm sure that there's quite a few of you who have tried to do today's Sortie assassination and failed, and I've seen quite a few people fail for one reason or another. I'm making this thread to give advice to the people who are trying to complete it, so here's what I have to give:

• Play Loki or Ivara

The invisibility really helps with the roller-balls, as well as keeping Kela's rockets/missiles/etc off of you during the fight itself. Plus, Loki's mobility makes dodging the missile strikes very easy.

• Do the regular assassination before doing the Sortie version to learn how to do it

I happened to play the sortie mission itself with people who had no idea what they were doing. They were not stepping on the pressure plates at the beginning, not dodging all the missile strikes, and not standing on the pressure plates again. It will make your life, and everyone else's life in the mission MUCH easier. Trust me.

• (Suggested by (PS4)SunnyNevermind) Bring a high rate of fire weapon, and if possible, one with high status chance/corrosive damage

These weapons make shooting the targets much easier, and if they can strip the armor off of Kela, that will also make your life much easier.

• (Suggested by TRSS) If four Lokis isn't cutting it, bring a Limbo

Limbo's ultimate can negate all the damage from the missile strikes if everyone stands in it, so if you're having trouble dodging the missile strikes, bring the good ol' mysterious stranger with you.

If I happen to think of anything else that could help you during the fight, I'll be sure to edit this post and add it. If they're suggestions from people in the thread, I'll be sure to give you credit for the idea.

Use a high damage secondary like vaykor marelok or lex prime and ignis as primary.. just hold ignis on the rotating wheels and it will instantly activate them, you can do all 4 solo in one orbital strike phase 

also if u solo better use chroma with a self damage glaive or glaive prime to get the damage buff