Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Play-Best frame?

dan.io.wal

Question

Hi! So I've been playing for a couple months now. Currently, I'm using Volt, Frost, and Nezha, but I've found that I really do prefer stealth gameplay. However, Besides ash, there don't seem to be really any other options. Are there any suggestions? I know banshee is advertised as a stealth frame but I haven't heard many good things about her... I've been looking at Mirage but still, I want to hear what luck people have had with other characters.

20 answers to this question

Ivara with a Tonkor. Use a large range noise arrow to get enemies into one very tight clump and blast them away. Use Navigator to increase the damage if heavies are in the mix.

Loki with Hushed Invisibility is very good too if you prefer the mobility.

Ash is least useful in invisibility, but he can clear rooms and maintain his melee counter with Rising Storm.

Edited by R34LM

as others have stated, loki and ivara would probably suit you best with their invisibility; i prefer ivara myself because if you play smart you can stay invisible forever - IIRC she also deals bonus headshot damage while in prowl. the only thing is that non-silenced weapons break prowl. loki i view more as team oriented and utility frame, but his invisi is good enough.

i don't know what bad things you heard about banshee but they must be lies. her passive makes weapons silenced - no need to use a mod slot on hush or equivalent mods, her 3rd does the same + brief stun (savage silence augment opens stunned enemies to finishers too). sonar is great for highlighting enemies in range if you don't have enemy sense or animal instinct + damage multiplier on weak spots. 

on non endless missions though, all frames are capable of stealthing with smart loadout (silent/silenced weapons) and sneaking around, since DE changed spawn mechanics in non endless, that is, enemies no longer respawn endlessly after you clear a tile.

I'd personally say Loki, if you want to run missions quickly. But if you have a high pool of energy and good efficency... I'd definitely go with Ivara. There are a couple of good Augments for them too. 

And if anyone even mentions Ash I will actually punch them. Just because he can turn invisibile doesn't mean he is a stealth frame!

A blatant stealth frame would have to be Loki, that's how he's advertised in the end, and with a max duration and efficiency you stay invisible while using ur other powers and weapons without affecting the invisibility so you play as you like, definitely a beginner friendly stealth frame. and as others have stated he is very useful in teams.

Ivara however is another stealth frame, although complicated. Sure you press 3 and you're invisible for as long as you have energy, she has a high pool + she can steal energy from enemies = endless invisibility but her reduced movement speed has you at a big disadvantage and if you're a parkour 2.0 fanatic like i am, you'll find yourself always recasting it (which u shouldn't be doing tbh) or going down to -100 health/dying quite a few times, unless you learn to master her other abilities and learn to not bullet jump/slide as much.

Personally Ivara is my go to stealth frame now (and everything else too) cause complicated frames are really interesting and pose more of a challenge, her 1st ability is extremely handy when mastered, you can counter the slow movement speed while in prowl (her 3rd ability) and stay invisible the whole mission while supporting your teammates. Also her augment [Infiltrate] lets her bypass lasers and as a person who cant handle spy missions, she makes sorties really easy for me.

The only thing ash's invisibility is good for is spamming it to stun enemies for a quick second on his max range bladestorm build :) and even then it ain't 

TL;DR : Loki is the best stealth frame, for beginners and veterans, so go for him 1st, go for Ivara when you're comfortable with Loki and all the tilesets and are willing to give time to learn her abilities ^^

For solo and most content, Loki (with augment) is the best overall option. The short time spent recasting invisibility is the only real downside, compared to the 2nd best stealth frame. He's incredibly mobile, has one of the best crowd control abilities in this game and can keep invisibility up indefinitely, with the right build, without much trouble.

Ivara comes second due to mobility differences, though she can be on par in some situations where mobility isn't a concern.

Banshee with really short power duration can kind of function by spamming silence to stagger enemies followed by killing them with covert lethality finishers but it's a bit clunky and arthritis inducing due to how spammy it is after trying it for longer than a handful of minutes.

For low level content and most spy missions in the starchart, though it's not exactly stealth, a max range, world on fire-based Ember with decent power strength is also a good option since dead enemies can't detect you. Death is the best CC, after all.

Edited by Kuvakei
improved wording

A lot of people recommending Loki over Ivara have apparently forgotten about her new Infiltrate Augment.

With that, you are basically immune to almost any obstacle in a spy vault.  Cameras and Sensor Regulators can't see you, laser barriers won't touch you, regular enemies can't see you and if you used a silenced weapon, can't hear you even if you think you need to kill them.

Given sufficient energy to fuel Prowl and Dashwire, Ivara can clear a spy vault in seconds without firing a single shot, with none of the risk of being heard that Loki has when using Decoy+Switch tricks.

The only downside is that Prowl is terrible for moving between vaults because it's slow and you can't jump.

Edited by Arkvold

I like to group them into playstyles. I pick stealth frames depending on the mission and how I feel like playing.

Banshee - Sniper/assassin playstyle (locate enemies and kill silently)

Loki - mobile/trickster playstyle (fast, disarm, distract, switch places)

Ash - offensive/close quarters playstyle (stagger close enemies and become invisible, kill everything)

Ivara - archer/slow playstyle (sneaking, pickpocket, put enemies to sleep, place invisibility areas, lure with sound)

Equinox - Diverse playstyle (can put enemies to sleep and has many other abilities)

Other stealth options include:

-Huras kubrow

-Shade Sentinel.

On 8/26/2016 at 9:43 PM, Arkvold said:

The only downside is that Prowl is terrible for moving between vaults because it's slow and you can't jump.

Not quite correct.  You can do parkour with Ivara without leaving Prowl.  What you can't do is bullet jump, sprint, and slide.  Slide not really a issue as you can roll.  For long jumps, there's Dashwire.  If you have a good bit of Power strength, then Infiltrate can negate her walk speed penalty in Prowl.  When you count her Noise, Sleep, and other powers, she's the premier stealth frame in the game.  Loki is cool, but his only real advantage over Ivara is speed.  She's got him beat in fair amount of other things.  

Loki for speed, using whatever weapon you want with Hushed Invisibility. Downside, you have to recast invis but your energy syphon/zenurik works while invis which is good. Can't go through lasers.

Ivara tho -- perma invis with Rakta Cernos, Rakta Ballistica (or other syndicate weapons with Hush), can go through lasers with Infiltrate which for a nooby spy like me is a godsent, can pickpocket energy/other loot in Prowl. If enemies get alerted, just put them to sleep. You can cloak allies as well if you cast cloak arrows on them. If someone is down an needs to be revived it's great. Downside is being slow. Can't bullet jump, can't slide, can't sprint. I just spam roll. You can't use any non-silent weapons without breaking your prowl without a silencer mod. If you need energy just cast cloak arrow, and chill in it with a pizza or whatever, but this rarely happens to me, Ivara has so much energy and you can build her for very good efficiency so you never run out of energy.

Anyways, Ivara is my choice for a stealth frame. I only go Loki in rescue cause you need to get fast to extraction once you rescue the person.

Ash I generally don't like the way he plays so I cant comment on that.

37 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not quite correct.  You can do parkour with Ivara without leaving Prowl.  What you can't do is bullet jump, sprint, and slide.  Slide not really a issue as you can roll.  For long jumps, there's Dashwire.  If you have a good bit of Power strength, then Infiltrate can negate her walk speed penalty in Prowl,

Except that Dashwire costs additional energy to use on top of Prowl's ongoing energy cost, rolling can't be done consecutively without a jump or slide between them, and you have no means of getting off the ground except for Dashwire.  Without the ability to jump, most Parkour moves (namely the jump, double-jump, wall-jump and bullet jump) can't be used.  You can't parkour.  You can roll and you can wire-walk, but the entire rest of your parkour moveset breaks Prowl.

Further, you're arguing semantics with me here.  My point was that she's slow and can't jump in prowl and that as a result she's slow to move between vaults unless she drops it.

7 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

My point was that she's slow and can't jump in prowl and that as a result she's slow to move between vaults unless she drops it.

She's slow yes.  She can jump while in Prowl and not have it disable.  I do it all the time.  You can even jump and then use aim glide,Wall jump/run, and double jump without leaving Prowl.  You can roll and then roll again repeatedly without having to slide or jump in between them.  I'm not sure where you got that she can't do those things.  I do them all the time.  

Not really arguing.  Just presenting information that you seem to not have known.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:35 AM, Dhrekr said:

Loki and Ivara are the two most obvious choices, even more than Ash.

They both have extended Invisibility, and both have additional abilities that can be used to great effect.

Yap totally Loki and Ivara

But i think the Nuke Stealth are faster :D

(Kill everythink in Line if view without they notice)

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:35 AM, Dhrekr said:

Loki and Ivara are the two most obvious choices, even more than Ash.

They both have extended Invisibility, and both have additional abilities that can be used to great effect.

Yap totally Loki and Ivara

But i think the Nuke Stealth are faster :D

(Kill everythink in Line if view without they notice)

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

She's slow yes.  She can jump while in Prowl and not have it disable.  I do it all the time.  You can even jump and then use aim glide,Wall jump/run, and double jump without leaving Prowl.  You can roll and then roll again repeatedly without having to slide or jump in between them.  I'm not sure where you got that she can't do those things.  I do them all the time.  

Ivara prowl is also bugged concerning bullet jump. If you aim and tap then release crouch followed by jump fast enough, you won't break prowl.

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not quite correct.  You can do parkour with Ivara without leaving Prowl.  What you can't do is bullet jump, sprint, and slide.  Slide not really a issue as you can roll.  For long jumps, there's Dashwire.  If you have a good bit of Power strength, then Infiltrate can negate her walk speed penalty in Prowl.  When you count her Noise, Sleep, and other powers, she's the premier stealth frame in the game.  Loki is cool, but his only real advantage over Ivara is speed.  She's got him beat in fair amount of other things.  

this pretty much sums it up. it feels odd to wall-run all the time at first, but you can get used to it in no time.

Ivara is the stealth frame, without competition. And even if you somehow managed to get noticed, sleep arrow makes up for the mistakes.