Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good an durable mouse?

mixok

Question

9 answers to this question

I use logitech G-series mice as they are incredibly resilient and have a good feel in my opinion. I am still with the one  bought 6 years ago (used a speedlink before which broke after one month) and  can't complain so far (2k + hours in warframe alone, playing a lot). The ones for 50 bucks (€) feature some extra buttons and can be customized with the logitech gaming software for macros and whatever you need. They are not the most refined models but you get exactly what you need.

Mine survived all 3 Dark Souls games (yes, I did them all with KB+M), I also use a logitech keyboard by the way.

Edited by Genoscythe

.right now i am using a 99 bucks mouse Logitec...from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G700s-910-003584-Rechargeable-Gaming/dp/B00BFOEY3Y/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1472324167&sr=8-53&keywords=mouse+logitech

The price now its 59$

and i just order this beast now :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMYD5JI?psc=1

Looks really bad &#! for 23$

Edited by TrialParasite

6 minutes ago, TrialParasite said:

and i just order this beast now :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMYD5JI?psc=1

Looks really bad &#! for 23$

I love mice like that, visually, but my experience with different Mad Catz-Models was that they tend to wear out rather quickly (1-2 years), and when all the mechanical parts are loose, they're no fun, especially Mousewheel and palmrest. Then again, for 23$ you can't lose that much, so it might be worth a try. Just my 2 cents, because I am on a similar search: I'm sick of the constant need to replace my mice (Mad Catz Rat 7 and Rat TE) and look for a robust mouse that fits large hands, is on the heavier side, and doesn't need to have many macro buttons (2 thumb buttons are totally fine).

20 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

I use logitech G-series mice as they are incredibly resilient and have a good feel in my opinion.

This is true! While I had to give up on the G9x due to hand pain (it is not... the most ergonomic of mice even with it's different shells), it still works for my friend after many, many years of use in video games. Plus, G9x has an amazing on-board software.

On another note, I've switched to CM Storm Xornet afterwards. It's... amazing. I am in love with it. It has suffered physical damage, coffee floods, cable ripping, and there wasn't a single problem with it aside of that one time when cat hair fell between the buttons and needed to be cleaned. It works as the first day and it fits smaller hands like a proper size shoe. Oh yeah, and it's cheap.

Been a fan of Razer - Naga series for years.

The first gen ones didn't last long, I game a lot, the left click would wear out in about 16 months, I went through two of those.

I'm using the 2014 version now, it's built more durable but haven't had enough time to see how long the left click will hold up. The thumb pad buttons are mechanical but I don't believe the left/right click are. In the end you can take them apart and repair the top clickers and 2 yr warranty helps before that.

But if all you play are shooters you prolly don't need that many buttons on your mouse.

On 27/8/2016 at 2:44 PM, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

More specific? With Macros - Without Macros - Cheap - Expensive - Average Price - Price Range - How much DPI.

I don't want an expensive mouse, only the basics. I prefers quality, a mouse I can pass to my children XD