The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea to combine Endless missions and Void 2.0

(PSN)CommanderC2121

I know there are many people like myself that loved endless void missions. Going 1 hour+ to see how much i could get or see how long it would take before a bombard rocket hit me square in the facewss quite enjoyable. As it stands now, i do not like the current relic system, as i have opened 20 radiant relic and have yet to get anything but a simple common. This is my idea of how to improve the void even more

Now, the new void does not have the same endless appeal as the old void, and here is why. 

:Only one prime part drop

:corruption can only be earned once

:void traces are not actual drop, but instead rng reliant items.

How would i fix this? First off, make void traces be a physical drop, or make it so that you earn 1-5 traces per reactant picked up.

"But you can only pick up 10 reactant!" Thats where the next step comes in. Make the corruption buff reset your reactant count, and after a 30-60 second cooldown, you can again collect reactant, and gain the corruption buff. Everytime you gain corruption, you get a stack added to a counter called "Neural sentry." The more stacks, the more enemies target you, but the more the corruption buffs you. (1 stack. 2.5x pwr str. 5 stack, 4x pwr str). But, each stack also increases the amount of reactant needed as well. 1 stack =20 reactant. 5 stacks = 60 reactant. 

Finally, make your chance of earning a uncommon/rare item increase as time passes, possibly making it so that a hour+ survival has a 90-100% chance of dropping the rare item If the equipped relic is radiant. Make it so that ever 5 minutes in survival (or every 200-300 cryotech) another 10% chance is taken from other items and placed on the rare item. 10 minutes? 20%. 40 minutes? 60%. 

This would allow endless missions to be more enjoyable, as you are guarenteed more void traces, you gain the corruption buff more often (who doesnt like having their pwr str doubled, or infinite ammo?) and you have a much better chance at attaining your rare item

I like the reactant suggestion (so survival grinders can get more traces) but not the latter part.

I'm glad that 1 hour afk farming is not the meta anymore (although it still kinda is if you want more relics). I don't want it to return.

Edited by Shifted

Just now, shadowfire380 said:

The problem is that it would once again force the long defence/survival meta that void keys had and would make people who can't do long missions or hate doing them unable to get anything good.

Not at all. You arent forced to do a survivsl fissure, in fact, survivals take the longest out of any fissure (i can do a capture, rescue, or exterminate in 3 minutes with my speed volt)

All my idea is for is to add more reasons to do the survival or excavation missions, because as it stands, there is no reason to choose survival over capture

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Not at all. You arent forced to do a survivsl fissure, in fact, survivals take the longest out of any fissure (i can do a capture, rescue, or exterminate in 3 minutes with my speed volt)

All my idea is for is to add more reasons to do the survival or excavation missions, because as it stands, there is no reason to choose survival over capture

Yes but this change would make survival and defences way better then any other type.

Since the chances of them going back to void keys are slim to none due to not letting their work go to waste, and because it just looks bad having to revert back to completely to an old system as big as void keys.

I think they should just do what they did with the new Bullet Dance stance by just putting newer rare mods in the void as rewards

DE should make changes to endless missions similar to what they did for archwing defense, have "endless" mission types reward two rewards.  But if they are still against letting us select multiple relics for multiple rewards then lower the time on the reward schedule for endless missions.  Survival, two rewards at eight minutes, forced extraction.  Defense, two rewards at wave eight, forced extraction.  It's difficult to see an alternative as DE continues to make an effort to discourage endurance runs.

I highly doubt endless relic missions for endless prime stuff will return to the game.

Ever.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE should make changes to endless missions similar to what they did for archwing defense, have "endless" mission types reward two rewards.  But if they are still against letting us select multiple relics for multiple rewards then lower the time on the reward schedule for endless missions.  Survival, two rewards at eight minutes, forced extraction.  Defense, two rewards at wave eight, forced extraction.  It's difficult to see an alternative as DE continues to make an effort to discourage endurance runs.

I highly doubt endless relic missions for endless prime stuff will return to the game.

Ever.

How lovely...

Well, I can say goodby to having any reason to face level 80-100 enemies. And Fyi, no, I do not cheese. I run a permafrost build, so I only really freeze enemies when I absolutely have to. I miss parkouring all over the place and giving every ancient in sight a face full of hek.

And really, the flipside to no having any reason to do endless missions is the fact that without that sort of thing, the new meta is speed running every other mission in under 4 minutes over and over and over. That, that is what I call boring. I've played capture missions with volt/loki. It gets really boring, really fast. At least there's risk involved when I get to higher levels. Exterm, Cap, Sab? Lol, no.

The fact of the matter is if DE does not want us to play endurance, they should simply remove endless modes from the game. That way even the friendly neighborhood noob can play 'endgame' lol.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

14 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

Yes but this change would make survival and defences way better then any other type.

Not necessarily... While they may be better in a way, they're more time-consuming for their payoff.

5 hours ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

Since the chances of them going back to void keys are slim to none due to not letting their work go to waste, and because it just looks bad having to revert back to completely to an old system as big as void keys.

I think they should just do what they did with the new Bullet Dance stance by just putting newer rare mods in the void as rewards

Sounds like an option to me.

4 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

How lovely...

Well, I can say goodby to having any reason to face level 80-100 enemies. And Fyi, no, I do not cheese. I run a permafrost build, so I only really freeze enemies when I absolutely have to. I miss parkouring all over the place and giving every ancient in sight a face full of hek.

It is particularly difficult to long-haul an endless even with the cheddar, as your cheesiness becomes less-capable due to the sheer amount of health/armor the targets have, and the increased rate of Eximus, Nullifier and Eximus-Nullifier spawns. (Arctic Nullifier Eximus... biggest cheeseball ever.)

2 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

And really, the flipside to no having any reason to do endless missions is the fact that without that sort of thing, the new meta is speed running every other mission in under 4 minutes. That, that is what I call boring.

Speed runs... I hate 'em, truthfully. They're boring, unimaginative, and just plain irritating.