Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki - The one and a half trick pony (With pics!)

Sunder

2 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Well I don't see Sunder saying anything about disarm on Infested enemies.. unless you mean whether it can synergise with his Role Reversal or something?

Well.....as long as we are making Loki more useful, is there an awesome idea in there for his ult and how it works against the infested?

No, no synergy being demanded, although I sure that's the next possible road to head down. Just, as long as we are in this subject, was wondering what the op might suggest.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

What will happen to disarm? Can it be changed so it does something to infested without the augment?

Radial disarm I would imagine would remain the same. This thread wasn't to propose a complete rework, just some alterations to make him more fun and useful

Though if we're on the subject Disarm was always supposed to be about damage to the infested. Definitely wouldn't mind it severing some limbs. Maybe forcing them to crawl. Would be kinda funny I think, lol. But that would be quite OP I think and reeeaaally trivialize the infested when it comes to CC.

6 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Radial disarm I would imagine would remain the same. This thread wasn't to propose a complete rework, just some alterations to make him more fun and useful

Though if we're on the subject Disarm was always supposed to be about damage to the infested. Definitely wouldn't mind it severing some limbs. Maybe forcing them to crawl. Would be kinda funny I think, lol. But that would be quite OP I think and reeeaaally trivialize the infested when it comes to CC.

Oh, not a Loki main at all. Not even a Loki scrub. Disarm does damage to infested? I'll have to try that out, nevermind then.

4 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Don't forget knocking them down for a short breather. Oh, and that would definitely be OP.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Oh, not a Loki main at all. Not even a Loki scrub. Disarm does damage to infested? I'll have to try that out, nevermind then.

Damage is minimal. Possibly helpful at really low levels but it's mostly for the knockdown on other types of units that can't be disarmed.

Radial Disarm can do up to 1,495 Impact Damage with max power strength to specific units, according to the wiki. But many builds go with 40% Power Strength and often only do 200 Impact Damage, where at 100% Str, it can do 500 Impact Damage.

I really like the idea for SW, and was thinking that one thing that can be done for Loki overall is have Power Strength be more relevant to Loki's kit since it only really matters to Radial Disarm's damage. I was brainstorming this:

• Decoy - Strength naturally seems proper to control the Health and Shields of the Decoys. Range can also be made relevant to control how far the Decoys can be cast in their queue.
  • Invisibility - If possible, Strength can be tied to the sound and vision effects. So negative strength makes it harder to see and hear, when 100% and more can make vision and hearing more clear. Furthermore, if possible, Strength could influence casting speed of Invisibility.
  • RR/SW - Strength could be used to dictate how distracting the disguised enemy is to draw more aggro and pull the rest of the enemy to it.
  • Radial Disarm - Don't know what could be tweaked, at least fix the bug with glitching Infested Hives I suppose.

I would certainly like to see the SW idea be considered for Loki.

Just now, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Radial Disarm can do up to 1,495 Impact Damage with max power strength to specific units, according to the wiki. But many builds go with 40% Power Strength and often only do 200 Impact Damage, where at 100% Str, it can do 500 Impact Damage.

I really like the idea for SW, and was thinking that one thing that can be done for Loki overall is have Power Strength be more relevant to Loki's kit since it only really matters to Radial Disarm's damage. I was brainstorming this:

• Decoy - Strength naturally seems proper to control the Health and Shields of the Decoys. Range can also be made relevant to control how far the Decoys can be cast in their queue.
  • Invisibility - If possible, Strength can be tied to the sound and vision effects. So negative strength makes it harder to see and hear, when 100% and more can make vision and hearing more clear. Furthermore, if possible, Strength could influence casting speed of Invisibility.
  • RR/SW - Strength could be used to dictate how distracting the disguised enemy is to draw more aggro and pull the rest of the enemy to it.
  • Radial Disarm - Don't know what could be tweaked, at least fix the bug with glitching Infested Hives I suppose.

I would certainly like to see the SW idea be considered for Loki.

I like the suggestions to Decoy and Radial Disarm.

Neutral about Invisibility. But I'm concerned about RR determining the aggro the enemy pulls.

Do you mean as in, how many enemies the RR'd enemy will pull in, or base that on range? (i.e 100% pulls in 5 enemies/pulls in enemies within 10 meters to 200% pulls in 10 enemies/pulls in enemies within 20 meters)

Just now, StahlEngel said:

Sadly decoy + switch teleport was use to by pass certain corpus laser vaults until DE nerfed it.

I guess it was because that synergy made corpus laser vaults too easy to hack into.

That reminds me, this new Decoy synergised with RR would be beautiful.

Or maybe a marking suggestion could be given. You could mark the next planned decoy to spawn with RR so that when that decoy gets to that spot, you'll Switch Teleport there and surprise them. 

Edited by LunarEdge7

4 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I like the suggestions to Decoy and Radial Disarm.

Neutral about Invisibility. But I'm concerned about RR determining the aggro the enemy pulls.

Do you mean as in, how many enemies the RR'd enemy will pull in, or base that on range? (i.e 100% pulls in 5 enemies/pulls in enemies within 10 meters to 200% pulls in 10 enemies/pulls in enemies within 20 meters)

There are three possible directions to go that I can think of right now, where one can have the draw effect work how Noise Arrow attracts enemies to the point of impact. Second could be how the Titanic Rumbler Augment works. Third could be how Nekros Shadows have heightened Threat Level, or Aggro.

I guess the devs would need to test out the best option, and I'd be fine with whatever works best.

Just now, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

There are three possible directions to go that I can think of right now, where one can have the draw effect work how Noise Arrow attracts enemies to the point of impact. Second could be how the Titanic Rumbler Augment works. Third could be how Nekros Shadows have heightened Threat Level, or Aggro.

I guess the devs would need to test out the best option, and I'd be fine with whatever works best.

I see.

5 hours ago, Sunder said:

So I would like to advise you to do so and follow up if you wish with a post that is on topic as per forum rules.

It was on topic and highlighted your call for unreasonable strong buffs as far as I`m concerned. And because this is a puplic Forum not your personal wishlist you have to understand and accept opinions and answers might differ from yours. 

If you are concerned about Lokis variety you shouldn`t suggest redundant abilites and effects.  

How about picking one new effect for a start not multiple - and see how it goes? 

The only flaw that I see with the decoy idea is that this doesn't change how weak the decoy actually is. Once one goes down, the next one in line will be mauled just as fast. I don't see why we can't just have decoy be an actual hologram, unable to be damaged, and take away the pitiful damage it already does. If needed, the duration can be reduced to balance this.

Lovely and creative ideas! :)

More power to Decoy and ST is always a good thing. But that should come with Invis and Disarm being slightly toned down too, imo.

Disarm - Now duration-based? Enemies' ranged weapons start glowing, they do the weapon-jam animation (a la Shooting Gallery), then they holster them and go melee. When duration runs out, their weapons stop glowing and they equip them again.

Invis - Dunno, but maybe running next to enemies can cause them to become suspicious? With more Power Range reduces this alerting radius. Power Strength altering how much your audio is deafened, as someone else suggested, is pretty interesting too.