Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does WTB X plat in trading chat work?

k05h

Question

I have to ask this because I thought people were joking when they wrote "WTB 200 plat" in trade chat. But similar message pop up from time to time and I am not so sure any more.

I feel a bit stupid to ask but is there really a way to "buy" plat from other players. I mean you trade parts for plat but buy ... I do not get it. 

Edited by k05h

13 answers to this question

They have a bunch of "Stuff" and they want to be paid platinum for it.

I, also, ignore these people. If you want platinum then do what everybody else does and watch for customers. Don't expect me to open a ten minute discussion to get a list of what you actually have. :-/

everything that's already said

+

there are some players that actually want to buy platinum from other players for $
its against the TOS and EULA and will get you banned but some players don't care and they still try it

id recommend to ignore these posts

I usually PM them 1 or 2 things in looking for. It's been a crap shoot if they have it or not but its worth a shot as many times they need the plat so they are willing to part woth items for cheap. Got a full Rhino set for 20pl and arcane fury for 50pl a few weeks back. If they  say no to my first few items then I say thank you and it's done.

Ignore them.  They usually don't have anything worth 200 plat.   If they truely needed the plat they would do research on prices and farm the items that are worth plat. 

same thing with people willing to buy "Prime junk"  to them everything is junk and they are only buying the items for Ducats, or the off chance someone is stupid and doesn't know what the true value of their "Prime junk" is worth

47 minutes ago, (XB1)chriszewski said:

Hm.  Learn something new every day... I was under the impression they wanted to buy stuff and had 200 plat to spend.

Kinda like saying "I want to buy something(s).  How far will 200p get me?"

:shrug:

Same here. 

Thanks everyone who provided answers!

2 hours ago, kkinnison said:

same thing with people willing to buy "Prime junk"  to them everything is junk and they are only buying the items for Ducats, or the off chance someone is stupid and doesn't know what the true value of their "Prime junk" is worth

There is no reason to ignore junk buyers, its an easy source of consistent plat for new, low rank players that don't actually have items worth plat.  You simply need to be educated on what is and what is not actually junk.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

There is no reason to ignore junk buyers, its an easy source of consistent plat for new, low rank players that don't actually have items worth plat.  You simply need to be educated on what is and what is not actually junk.

Most "WTB prime junk" are offering below market prices for "prime junk"  this might have been valid before Relics where you could get 12 prime parts with a single key, but that is not the case anymore. 

6 minutes ago, kkinnison said:

Most "WTB prime junk" are offering below market prices for "prime junk"  this might have been valid before Relics where you could get 12 prime parts with a single key, but that is not the case anymore. 

That doesn't mean you ignore them.  It simply means as a junk seller you stop accepting the 1 plat per 10 ducats price line that was established under the keys system.  Different acquisition model obviously gets reflected in a new pricing model.

If the junk buyer wants to hold fast to the old 1p per part then he's trying to fleece you and you can move on.  FWIW, I don't know where the new reasonable line is for plat / ducat.   Console hasn't had relics long enough.

One last thing, the whole 12 parts for one key thing is moot as far as this discussion goes.  Time per part is much more relevant and I wasn't sitting in a 1 - 2 hour survival then just the same as I'm not now.  I could run 12 captures in a fraction of that time.  I can run 12 capture fissures with relics in a similar fraction of the time.   Before you go there, I farm way too many cores on excavation to consider getting relics any harder than keys and I have thousands of relics that were converted from keys even if I didn't.

Regardless of any of that, all we're both saying is that 1p/part is no longer an acceptable value for a seller.  Your response seems to be to close up shop.  Mine is work to get a price that is fair.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

That doesn't mean you ignore them.  It simply means as a junk seller you stop accepting the 1 plat per 10 ducats price line that was established under the keys system.  Different acquisition model obviously gets reflected in a new pricing model.

Your response seems to be to close up shop.  Mine is work to get a price that is fair.

If a person is trying to give completely unfair offers, i don't even start negotiating because they are at an unreasonable point to begin with and not worth my time to communicate with to get a better price.  And the worse part is when people are desperate and fall prey to such practices, and later have regret and end up leaving the game because of bad traders who only are in it for themselves.