Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Oxium Situation

Max7238

Question

3954/7000 oxium for Vauban Prime... After weeks of trying to find somewhere to gather it. Baal doesn't work unless you've got a Nekros, which I've also been passively going after (again) since his rework (no luck on the systems...), or so I hear.

Then I hear, oh, do a mobile defense on Pluto as Ivara. Well, I have her. I did it. One OOsprey spawned. I got 11 oxium. Whoopie.

IS there somewhere to go right now? Or is it just, "ha, now that we removed Cerberus from the list, there's nowhere left to really farm Oxium"?

Oxium and Neural Sensors are just obnoxious at this stage. At least with Plastids and Gallium we have Uranus Survival (and Tellurium there too). There's a RELIABLE source for those. But oxium just being transient and rare, and Neural Sensors only dropping on Jupiter just drives me up the wall...

20 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Max7238 said:

3954/7000 oxium for Vauban Prime... After weeks of trying to find somewhere to gather it. Baal doesn't work unless you've got a Nekros, which I've also been passively going after (again) since his rework (no luck on the systems...), or so I hear.

Then I hear, oh, do a mobile defense on Pluto as Ivara. Well, I have her. I did it. One OOsprey spawned. I got 11 oxium. Whoopie.

IS there somewhere to go right now? Or is it just, "ha, now that we removed Cerberus from the list, there's nowhere left to really farm Oxium"?

Oxium and Neural Sensors are just obnoxious at this stage. At least with Plastids and Gallium we have Uranus Survival (and Tellurium there too). There's a RELIABLE source for those. But oxium just being transient and rare, and Neural Sensors only dropping on Jupiter just drives me up the wall...

Buy a resource booster and get a DPS and Nekros with you to Baal. Maybe bringing a Smeeta for the double resource buff as well. It's really the fastest way, at least for me. Got Amesha research, Vauban Prime and a lot of other stuff from farming there (Shadow Clan 6k+ for Amesha).

For Neural Sensors, it really is boring just like Argon farming, but as for any rare resource, bringing Smeeta really helps.

I have no issue with Neurals, personally. I bring a Pilf hydroid to an infested survival on Jupiter(can't remember its node-name at the moment, sorry) and camp. I get at least 6 Neurals per run, which is usually 15-20 minutes long. Salvage is good there, too.(Yes I need salvage as a MR20 player. pls. have mercy on harambe)

You gotta either 'meta-game' or just take it slow and steady by going for the '300 Oxium' Alerts.

Corpus faction Alerts/Syndicate missions can also give you some Oxium although not as much as Oxium alerts.

You might not want to 'meta-game', but it really is the quickest method, hence why it is meta.

Edited by NativeKiller

5 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:

I have no issue with Neurals, personally. I bring a Pilf hydroid to an infested survival on Jupiter(can't remember its node-name at the moment, sorry) and camp. I get at least 6 Neurals per run, which is usually 15-20 minutes long. Salvage is good there, too.(Yes I need salvage as a MR20 player. pls. have mercy on harambe)

I shouldn't have mentioned Neural Sensors, honestly... It's just in the same breath for me when I think about annoying resources in the game...
Also, that meme needs to die like the source did.

I brought my Ember Prime and Carrier to Baal solo. Each mission netted me 100 on average, without boosters. Took me 4 days of intense farming to get 7000. It's not that bad, I think. 

Edit: Just saw your post about not needing specific frames/companions. There's 2 ways; one of them is going with your friends/clanmates and leech off them. The second is to do Oxium alerts. If you can't do these 2, well, I can't really help you, and I suspect no one can.

Edited by Terror-Of-Death

43 minutes ago, Max7238 said:

Any methods for someone WITHOUT limitless platinum or specific Warframes or pets?

just do corpus missions. whenever I do any random mission, like alerts, spy for lvling...etc, I always seem to find a lot of OO (oxium ospreys) spawn. you can't just do 1 mission over and over for them. try more than 1 mission and see what you like 

also, Ive found that syndicate missions sometimes have a lot of OOs spawn, so give them a try 

I actually used Mag Prime to Oxium Farm because Magnetize kept them from exploding and for Gpull cuz I'm Lazy and Ignis to kill through walls to further prevent kamikaze. Sometimes I invited a Nekros to tag along. Do a mobile defense and don't extract: Just run back and forth from last terminal and exit and they keep respawning~ some maps do it more than others. I think it was Baal that I did it at, and I had a Smeeta kitty with me getting 200-300+ or even 1k if I stay long enough. inb4nerf though to sell market Oxium 20p each, lol. -.-

Edited by Wolfdoggie

3 hours ago, Max7238 said:

It seems you are doing the mobile defense farming methode with ivara wrong, here are the instructions again:

Take Ivara, go on a mobile defense on Pluto, defend the terminals and after that, wait for the oxium ospreys, activate your 3 to loot them and destroy them after, you get double the amount of oxuim. The enemies do not get stronger, so you can do this as long as you want. If you do this with 2 Ivaras, you can get 1700 oxium in 35 minutes. Now do this with 4 Ivaras and you dont need to grind for days.

54 minutes ago, VonDodo said:

How to get oxium:

1) get a frost, build it for low str, max duration or a vauban 

2) get 1-3 ivaras

3) freeze/stun ospreis so they drop oxium 1 time for each ivara using prowl and another time for each kill (that means 4X)

Frost not necessary, if prowl is active, the ospreys won't charge at you and you can loot them easily, they are not fast, if not alarmed, so you can follow them if they fly away.

29 minutes ago, Atlantic575 said:

Frost not necessary, if prowl is active, the ospreys won't charge at you and you can loot them easily, they are not fast, if not alarmed, so you can follow them if they fly away.

They move away.. thus having them standing its easier since you have to gather 3  players in the same spot.

So basically players search for ospreys, target it and cc, gather, prowl, kill, spread in search for the next.

Walking in group is less efficient.

5 hours ago, Max7238 said:

Any methods for someone WITHOUT limitless platinum or specific Warframes or pets?

1. Fight the Corpus.

2. Aim.

3. Profit.

Gathering the 7k Oxium for Vau Prime is a struggle, but seriously, I am never out of Oxium and it's not a "problem" with the game. Maybe just a problem with how you play (at least in the case of Oxium, anyway). Oxium Ospreys are great big yellow drones that are easy to spot and drop some Oxium 100% of the time on kill. The issue is that they have armor (rare among Corpus units) and people fighting the Corpus aren't as often prepared for that. More importantly, the Oxium Osprey attack by ramming into you and exploding, and if it gets to explode, it drops absoutely zero Oxium. So they're tankier than standard Ospreys, but you need to kill them faster.

To acquire Oxium, play against the Corpus (often, not just to farm; more practice against them is always better) and be a good aim with a high damage weapon (preferrably a non-melee, since meleeing it makes it way more likely to explode and drop nothing). I've been getting over a hundred Oxium each mission doing this, without farming or really even noticing.

10 hours ago, Max7238 said:

I shouldn't have mentioned Neural Sensors, honestly... It's just in the same breath for me when I think about annoying resources in the game...
Also, that meme needs to die like the source did.

That meme will not die any more than Harambe will