Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So im thinking about doing my first raid.

(XBOX)TheEpicguy7777

Question

So I am a MR9 looking to do my first raid. I have no mic for the game which makes this seem harder but lets keep talking anyway. I have seen several videos on them and they only seem like harder version of 3rd sorties. For a MR9, I have relatively bad gear and mods which makes the sorties difficult even sometimes. Is there any veterans out there willing to give a new raid player some advice? Ill list what I have below to help answer easier. Also a quick note, I did not Forma any of these except for my Excal which I Forma'd by mistake. I will also list only weapons that are Level 25-30

Warframes: Excalibur (30), Rhino Prime (30), Loki (30), Frost (30), Ivara (30)

Primaries: Soma Prime (30), Hek (30), Tonkor (30), Dread (30)

Secondaries: Aksomati (30), Lex Prime (30), Marelok (30), Sonicor (25), Synoid Gammacor (25)

Melee: Fragor Prime (30), Dragon Nikana (26), Broken-War (30), Galatine (30), Orthos Prime (30)

Sentinels: Do they even matter here? If so I got a Carrier, a Dethcube, and a Kubrow (Chesa 26)

Also, what gear do you recommend? I already know Corrosive Projection is pretty much mandatory and energy restores.

And what arcanes are there and how do they work exactly? I know they go on a helmet or a syandana.

If any veterans or other raid players could help me out that would be great. Also Focus is not really a viable option, since I still only have the first ability in it.

Thanks for any help! 

Edited by (XB1)TheEpicguy7777

25 answers to this question

Best advice I can give is to be tolerant of your team. The raid can sometimes be frustrating due to the tasks and their frequency for a slip up causing problems. Tensions will probably run high in most groups.

Edit: As for arcanes. There are too many to list here in a practical manner on what each does or how it works. Each arcane has special proc requirements though like Arcane grace requiring you to take damage for the proc chance to occur. Each arcane though will tell you what its activation in combat requires though. 

As for equipping. You do put them on a syndana or helmet yes, but they work in a stacking manner. You first use one, then 2 then 3 then 4 to reach max rank of an arcane. so 10 total.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

Loki, hek and maybe marelok (vaykor is suggested at higher tier). Your melee shouldn't matter and if you're playing Loki all you need to do is swerve aka ultimate 24/7. Your hek is to get procs off along with that bonus puncture dmg.

Loki has to be a Max range build at most since all you're doing is pressing 4, his ultimate Aug is highly suggested.

Pets don't matter unless your kuber is a sneaky sneaky so you dont get smacked around too much.

If Trinity is still good I would still suggest bringing your own medical/energy pads

Loki would probably work best if you used him with a radial disarm build, although a Rhino stomp build could be reasonably effective as well. Any of those primaries could conceivably work as damage doesn't mean much in LoR at all until the last time. That said, i would recommend Fragor prime for damage, it can scale really high against enemies at this level and Sonicor would help a lot as well. Sentinels, Shade or Huras help for bomb carrier, otherwise anything really works. 

Gear...Energy pads. I'm assuming you are Ceph.Suda from the Gammacor so get the large ones from her. Make lots of them and use them whenever the EV Trin can't keep up with the bomb carrier to help if need be. You will be loved very much for it (400 energy per large pad), if not than get a medium pad. 

Arcanes work in that whenever you do a certain criteria, they do an effect. For example Arcane trickery can give invisability from ability finishers (Hello, Ash) and you can find a list of them in the codex if i recall when we get the next update as you can on pc. Otherwise, the wiki has a list of all of them. You can also sell them for plat if you want to. 

If you need another person and i'm around, or you need help with the builds for anything though. Just let me know and i'll try to help.

Becareful of arrogant player(s), did a raid once where he bailed after saying how he beat raid 8 times and didn't like how weird  of a team setup we had [no trinity or nova or limbo or frost] and also, to team trying to learn the floor pad puzzle (2nd level, 1st puzzle of LoR, we still beat it) 

Make sure whomever picks up bomb has a lot of energy and has energy pads or energy pad support from others or trinity giving energy or try to do the hot potato style; passing it around.

Mics help sometimes, if you have a good guy experienced player with you try to tell him to explain what to do, especially, 2nd level last puzzle of LoR

I'd recommend what testamentexe said or frost to see how it goes and be using snow glode for puzzles in 2nd and last levels of LoR to help teammates on pads 

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

Gear...Energy pads. I'm assuming you are Ceph.Suda from the Gammacor so get the large ones from her. Make lots of them and use them whenever the EV Trin can't keep up with the bomb carrier to help if need be. You will be loved very much for it (400 energy per large pad), if not than get a medium pad. 

I am not suda I got it through a trade, but I do have Large ones from Perrin Sequence, as for the help with builds and etc, we can message each other over Xbox, I do not currently have Gold at the moment, but I am getting back relatively soon. My main issue right now is getting blue potatoes for my Sonicor. Ill probably be on this weekend, if your in game then, you can give me some pointers through PM's if thats fine.

My advice as a raid newb myself (with 1600+ hours play), having done and cleared LoR, its NM version, and jordas for the first time last night--ask questions. If your raid is going to succeed, there must be a certain level of both patience and communication. So, ask questions when applicable. Before it starts, at the beginning of the next phase, etc.

LoR has the possibility of an individual screwing things up for others. So, if you're unsure, ask. o3o

As for your weapons, I'd suggest not worrying about them. You don't typically fight enemies as much as crowd control them into submission. Mod your excal for range and duration foremost, add fleeting expertise if you have energy pads to sustain it. I'd suggest at least 2 more forma in him for reliability and durability, but energy pads can cover that.

Spam radial blind. A lot. A lot . Remember that radial jav has a brief stun proc if your blind is on cool down and you're desperate.

Last bits of advice I can give: stat away from the hijack payload. Move past it quickly if you have to go near it. And if you stand on a button, STAY ON IT.

gl

o3o

Edited by DiosGX
o3o;;;;

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TheEpicguy7777 said:

First and most important, ask question, be a GOOD listener both audio and / or chat.

I most often open space for raid starters, the worst that can happen is an unexperienced on raids player entering claiming he is experienced and dragging the whole team down.

Always come out first letting everyone know you're unexperienced but willing to learn and listen.

Be patient as there might be plenty of people that will refuse you but don't give up as there are many as well that will welcome you with open arms and willing to teach.

Make sure you watch / read a guide a few times. A good one that can be helpful is, search for a Hijack Raid pad map and enter a regular grineer hijack map, the pads won't show up but you can compare with the image you find on google. That helps a lot.

8 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Make sure you watch / read a guide a few times. A good one that can be helpful is, search for a Hijack Raid pad map and enter a regular grineer hijack map, the pads won't show up but you can compare with the image you find on google. That helps a lot.

If I am right isn't the pad order randomized every time?

Just now, (XB1)TheEpicguy7777 said:

If I am right isn't the pad order randomized every time?

You are if you speak of the Door Puzzle lock. I mean the pads you need to press afterwards in the actual Core Hijack part to disable eletricity in the rails.

Those are always fixed.

Excal or Rhino with a lot of range and duration, Loki has some quirks on Phase 3 (and Phase 1 if you carry) which will make it more confusing your first run. Primary: Soma or Dread, whichever you prefer for taking down Vay Hek on Phase 3. Secondary: Sonicor, doesn't matter how well it's modded, will be used purely for CC (guaranteed ragdoll) to get enemies away from you or others if needed. Melee doesn't matter, nor sentinel.

Hold down block while standing on a button to ensure enemies cannot knock you off. If you're new you'll likely be one of the first buttons in Phase 2 so it's crucial you're to stay on a button for an extended period of time.

To repeat what @DiosGX said, stay away from the formorian core. Being near the core will move it forward along the track, potentially allowing it to take damage. If you are new, you should be on a button.

I've never had any fun playing these raids. Everytime I try to, there's always this one player blaming others, or an arguement starts. Nothing like "cheer up, we can do it again".

Going to the raids is like facing the dark side of the community.

Anyway, when/if you do finish a raid, lemme know your experience.

Thinking about to start raiding for the first time too. (Since I'm only missing two warframes: ivara and nehza, got some primes, most of the important mods, and most of the tier 1 primary weapons as well as a scindo p and jat kittang meele and lex p secundary) How long does a raid actualy take? 2 houers? 6?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

Thinking about to start raiding for the first time too. (Since I'm only missing two warframes: ivara and nehza, got some primes, most of the important mods, and most of the tier 1 primary weapons as well as a scindo p and jat kittang meele and lex p secundary) How long does a raid actualy take? 2 houers? 6?

From word of mouth, it takes way lesser than that. At most an hour. But mostly on average, 30-45 minutes.

okay, that sounds quite unproblematic... guess I'll watch some videos then...^^

On an averange guess: For someone who raided for years (>10) in world of warcraft, and did some month of raiding in destiny and learned movement skills in all 3 darksouls games as well as in bloodborne: How hard will it be for me to get into the raiding? Do I have to expect weeks of learning and wiping, or is it more of a "we'll clear this"?

12 hours ago, TESTAMENTEXE said:

Loki, hek and maybe marelok (vaykor is suggested at higher tier). Your melee shouldn't matter and if you're playing Loki all you need to do is swerve aka ultimate 24/7. Your hek is to get procs off along with that bonus puncture dmg.

Loki has to be a Max range build at most since all you're doing is pressing 4, his ultimate Aug is highly suggested.

Pets don't matter unless your kuber is a sneaky sneaky so you dont get smacked around too much.

If Trinity is still good I would still suggest bringing your own medical/energy pads

I think this is good advice

I will say if I had your choice of tools I'd take a disarm Loki (lots of range and augment not necessary). Id take Tonkor for part 2 when three certain nameless enemies show up and sonicor just for the ragdoll get off me effect. as for melee... if you are at stage two and asked to hold a button keep holding block with your melee so you don't get dragged off by those sneaky scorpions (you'll be invisible so this will almost never happen) if you are getting pestered by too many enemies either sonicor or tonkor them. At stage 3 all you really have to do is spam your decoy near boss.

I would also agree with those that mentioned listen to your team and I will also recommend you learn to hack (take ciphers until you feel confident enough to do it without and then move to nightmare once you don't need to rely on ciphers)

In a team of 5 or more assuming you are Loki (bomb carrier (again assuming you have a maxed primed flow)) let them hack do not run around holding bomb...please

Your quick note and the fact that your Loki is not Prime version is most important to me. In this case, build him for max duration, as possible of course, and put Hushed Invisibility mod on him, LotR is much more about peacefull mission then massmurdering orgy, so kill only if necessary. Try to find squad where all main roles are already dealt and u can easily check the gameplay, look around, check the Injector, those ropes are leading to Hack consoles, etc and mainly what was already stated.

12 hours ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

okay, that sounds quite unproblematic... guess I'll watch some videos then...^^

On an averange guess: For someone who raided for years (>10) in world of warcraft, and did some month of raiding in destiny and learned movement skills in all 3 darksouls games as well as in bloodborne: How hard will it be for me to get into the raiding? Do I have to expect weeks of learning and wiping, or is it more of a "we'll clear this"?

If you go with an experienced team, the chances of you having to wipe will be close to zero. For reference, when LoR first came out it took me about 3 tries with inexperienced players without videos to complete it. I believe it took about 2 hours on our successful attempt. If you watch videos you'll more than likely beat it in less than an hour.