Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma prime build no argon scope ?

(XBOX)CITEZEN GAVAN

Question

20 answers to this question

If you don't have Your wanted amount of Crit Chance. Argon scope is pretty good. But i personally use the Critical Delay mod. From the Orokin Derelict. It slows he fire down for the soma, but gives it, i believe 48% More crit chance on top of your point strike. But on the crit damage side. I like to run the Hammer shot, Bladed rounds, and the basic Crit damage mod for rifles. (I forgot what it was called.) But if you want my build. I have 3 forma. Just tell me and i will show you, 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)CITEZEN GAVAN said:

Hi im looking for an end game soma prime build, But i dont have argon scope, I have bladed rounds and most the other crit mods but no argon, At the mo im planning on running, serration, split chamber,heavy cal, vital sense, stormbringer, infected clip, bladed rounds, point strike, Any better suggestions ?

i would say take heavy cal off and put another 90% status mod on there.the extra damage is nice, but the accuracy gets killed so you dont really hit anything

9 minutes ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

If you don't have Your wanted amount of Crit Chance. Argon scope is pretty good. But i personally use the Critical Delay mod. From the Orokin Derelict. It slows he fire down for the soma, but gives it, i believe 48% More crit chance on top of your point strike. But on the crit damage side. I like to run the Hammer shot, Bladed rounds, and the basic Crit damage mod for rifles. (I forgot what it was called.) But if you want my build. I have 3 forma. Just tell me and i will show you, 

yea sure that would be cool lets have a look ?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)CITEZEN GAVAN said:

Thankyou, and which mod would be best for 90 % status ?

either is fine, fire would be more preffered because fire damage is a little more useful against the resistance types. 

the resistance types can be found on the wiki or ingame if youve done codex scanning. also look up damage 2.0 for some more insight

if you're using Corrosive you're aiming at Armored Enemies usually - and Corrosive/Ice surpassed Corrosive/Fire for Armored Enemies a looooong time ago.
it's just better. Soma Series is not a status applicator anyways.

a 90% Elemental instead of Heavy Caliber is a direct upgrade due to Weakpoint Crits so it is indeed recommended.

note that Bladed Rounds is only effective up until whatever Level Range your Bullet Hose is capable of quickly Killing a Trash Unit to then aim at the Heavies. once it starts taking a while to Kill Trash Units Bladed Rounds stops doing anything and stops being useful.

This a rough build of what mine includes. I have no Elements because i focus on Straight Crit chance/Crit Damage. The link below will send you to my build. I dont belive its my Mod-to-Mod build. But this is a brief part of my build. 

(Link to build)  http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22000000_132-1-5-137-0-10-140-2-5-146-3-5-153-6-3-159-4-5-626-5-5_137-7-132-8-140-9-146-9-159-9-626-9-153-9-f-f/en/2-0-65/ 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)strasserhouse said:

This a rough build of what mine includes. I have no Elements because i focus on Straight Crit chance/Crit Damage. The link below will send you to my build. I dont belive its my Mod-to-Mod build. But this is a brief part of my build. 

(Link to build)  http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22000000_132-1-5-137-0-10-140-2-5-146-3-5-153-6-3-159-4-5-626-5-5_137-7-132-8-140-9-146-9-159-9-626-9-153-9-f-f/en/2-0-65/ 

You'll get higher crits with elements if you didn't know

23 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you're using Corrosive you're aiming at Armored Enemies usually - and Corrosive/Ice surpassed Corrosive/Fire for Armored Enemies a looooong time ago.
it's just better. Soma Series is not a status applicator anyways.

a 90% Elemental instead of Heavy Caliber is a direct upgrade due to Weakpoint Crits so it is indeed recommended.

note that Bladed Rounds is only effective up until whatever Level Range your Bullet Hose is capable of quickly Killing a Trash Unit to then aim at the Heavies. once it starts taking a while to Kill Trash Units Bladed Rounds stops doing anything and stops being useful.

Hi just 1 more thing which 90% elemental mod or mods would be best, Just so i have an idea of what to trade for or go for ? I have hellfire is this a viable option ?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)CITEZEN GAVAN said:

Hi just 1 more thing which 90% elemental mod or mods would be best

i already explained this. you have Corrosive on currently, so then assuming you're fighting Armored Enemies, Ice is more effective than Fire.
for a Rifle Ice is Cryo Rounds.

Fire will be 'okay', but Ice makes Alloy Armor a little bit more bearable for your Weapon.
those suggesting Fire is the best are using information that is years outdated. or they only play Infested Missions with low Status Weapons.

I don't really use Argon Scope for any of my Soma Builds and use Bladed less than half the time. I've fraps and timed + counted ammo consumption on all my builds against lvl 140 units. They're optimal in every way.

Soma Old Void:

OE06lnF.jpg

I prefer Heavy Cal for my play style. it will miss some head-shots at long range but it's superior for both short and mid range. Soma is an assault rifle not a sniper rifle. It's Strength is in it's performance at all ranges. I also don't like zooming outside long range shots. Which means at worst I miss out on Bladed Rounds.

Soma lvl 50+ Grineer:

ZSIJB5g.jpg

Don't use Bane on high level armored units, the loss in Corrosive procs yields a much worse TTK. This is the most ammo efficient rout and has about 10% less time to kill than using two 60/60 mods. For low level use Bane in place of Malignant or for CPx4 use Bane + Viral 90%x2.

Soma Corpus:

h8DvYLF.jpg

Pure Toxic has the best TTK on most Corpus units.

For Infested use Bane + Corrosive 90%x2.

Edited by Xzorn

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Can explain? 

Using elements that an enemy is weak to will increase the damage dealt to that enemy. Elements increase your total weapon damage. Critical is a multiple of your total damage. A higher total damage plus bonus damage from correct elements will yield higher crits.

have my build... i dont use argon scope on some cz base dmg is to low.... serration.split chamber.point strike.vital sense.heavy calibar max.shred.2x element 90% ... if u have problems with ammo u can swap shred for primed rifle ammo mutation...

30 minutes ago, MrJxt said:

Using elements that an enemy is weak to will increase the damage dealt to that enemy. Elements increase your total weapon damage. Critical is a multiple of your total damage. A higher total damage plus bonus damage from correct elements will yield higher crits.

Ok, this have sense. 

32 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i dont use argon scope on some cz base dmg is to low....

Base damage is completely irrelevant to the effectiveness of Argon Scope (or any other mod for that matter). "How strong Argon Scope is" compared to "how strong any other relevant mod in that mod slot is" is determined only by critical chance and critical damage and how many mod slots you have remaining.

Every mod scales against base damage in the exact same way so when comparing any two mods, base damage divides out of both sides.

28 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Base damage is completely irrelevant to the effectiveness of Argon Scope (or any other mod for that matter). "How strong Argon Scope is" compared to "how strong any other relevant mod in that mod slot is" is determined only by critical chance and critical damage and how many mod slots you have remaining.

Every mod scales against base damage in the exact same way so when comparing any two mods, base damage divides out of both sides.

i was tested in game soma with argon scope bladed rounds and heavy calibar.shred.....for guns like dex sybaris argon scope.bladed rounds are perfect i use it on that gun but not on soma....he can try both option....