Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give nullifiers half bubbles so mobility matters

ENGINEEEEER

Theres been lots of nullifiers discussion (and complaints) with the snipers only sortie. Usually you swoop in and melee but this doesn't always work. 

Here is my suggestion: half the nullifiers bubble. Make it face whatever direction they face. 

Benefits:

-empowers mobility

-encourages teamwork

-makes snipers more usable

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Momaw said:

And the nullifiers, and anybody within the radius of their protection, would still be immune to all tenno powers?

I think no powers should work within their radius but powers should not be dispelled as they are now. 

Edit: isn't that the mechanic of null combas and scrambus'?

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Clarification

16 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

No, they dispel.

Actually, they dont dispel. its their helmet that projects and aura, only works on certain abilities, depending on the type of comba type. Aura is up 100% of the time as long as their helmet is on, and affects anything in its range.

As for the OP topic. I say the nullifiers bubbles are fine as is. Sniper only sorties are rare, and even rarer when they involve corpus. Add in that, also that there are many sniper weapons and mod builds that can down them just fine, also the fact that people are always asking for a "challenge" to the game, and you get something that does not need changed, IMO anyways.

Sorties are supposed to be challenging.

my $0.02

Regards,

-CCamp88

Edited by CCamp88

I think doing this would make it far to easy to kill them at range, which is what they kinda exist to prevent you from doing. The problem with nullifiers that people really -hate- about them is that they're so unforgiving in how potent their ability to well... nullify is. I still feel like all we need it to make it so it takes 1-2 seconds to actually dispel abilities once you're inside the bubble.

Additionally add an audio/visual cue that lets the player know they've entered the bubble. This would give us the opportunity of getting out if we're quick enough. it also means players who only use melee can actually take down a nullefier's bubble without fear of loosing their buffs.

Lastly I feel their bubble should do DoT to our structures, say a frost has put 50x casts into a high strength bubble, it's really sad that it can be instantly destroyed as if it were an unranked bubble. I feel like the DoT inside a nullifier's bubble should be something to worry about, and in general is much greater than simple gunfire, but it shouldn't be instantaneous.

^These are the real issues that nullifiers create, I feel like giving them a "back door" wouldn't really solve any of these, and would only serve to make it -very- easy too kill them at range.

8 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

I like the idea. Maybe they could have something similar to volt or odanata's shield?

Reveal hidden contents

4171470.jpg

This is what I was initially thinking. 

I don't have a huge problem with nullifiers but I don't find them that challenging. It does keep me from using bows and snipers more frequently though. I don't want to build around one enemy to use a bow or sniper. 

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Spelling

1 hour ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Theres been lots of nullifiers discussion (and complaints) with the snipers only sortie. Usually you swoop in and melee but this doesn't always work. 

Here is my suggestion: half the nullifiers bubble. Make it face whatever direction they face. 

Benefits:

-empowers mobility

-encourages teamwork

-makes snipers more usable

Thoughts?

This is actually not a bad idea. 

But, it might not work as well as intended due to the way AI agro's other players or allies, constant insta-turnarounds might make it to where having a frame that uses a power that draws all the agro a must in the team. Which frankly, is sounding way too situational of a nullifier change to still keep a challenge while maintaining enemy viability

15 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

This is actually not a bad idea. 

But, it might not work as well as intended due to the way AI agro's other players or allies, constant insta-turnarounds might make it to where having a frame that uses a power that draws all the agro a must in the team. Which frankly, is sounding way too situational of a nullifier change to still keep a challenge while maintaining enemy viability

I'd take a 3/4 bubble and a turning speed reduction on nullifiers. That'd be fair

1 hour ago, CCamp88 said:

Actually, they dont dispel. its their helmet that projects and aura, only works on certain abilities, depending on the type of comba type. Aura is up 100% of the time as long as their helmet is on, and affects anything in its range.

I know how they work, thank you. But your abilities, when affected, are still turned off if you get too close, and are not turned back on afterwards. It's exactly like walking into a Nullifier bubble, except you're playing Russian Roulette on which kind of abilities are turned off, depending on which type was spawned.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a dispel.

45 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Aw, I thought you meant the bubbles would only be half the size :_(

I honestly like the size of the bubble. Too small and it gets hard to hit the nullifier if they're moving. Sometimes when they taken some hits it's impossible to hit them from inside the bubble without finishing it. 

Maybe instead of shrinking the bubble is 20-30% smaller and cracks as it is damaged until it shatters.