Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A good warframe?

(PSN)DXPghost28

Question

Okay so noob me spent his platinum on revives and rushing things that took minutes, so recently I sold some prime parts and managed to get enough plat for a warframe slot. Right now I have rhino and Excalibur, both maxed but with crappy mods cause I never seem to find good mods. So with this slot I've had trouble deciding what warframe to farm towards and if it's worth keeping the ones I have. I want to do good on my own at high levels so should I go for someone like ivarra or inaros(I heard they were good solo frames) but I also wanna be of more use so should I try to get someone like nova, nekros, or trinity, etc. I'm MR5 

11 answers to this question

There isn't really any good answer to this. All of the frame can be good in the right situation.
It comes down to personal preference a lot of the time.

Nova has very high damage potential, she can teleport and can slow down enemies + increase the damage they take. She has low armor though.
Trinity can save a team with health and energy, she's also quite sturdy with her link ability. She lacks multi target damage though. Single targets can be dealt with using her 1 and then her 2 on them.

It's a very boring answer but perhaps checking some videos or the wikia could help?

Edit: I can be a good idea to take in account the frames you already have when getting a new one. Do you like them? do you want something like them again? Or would you like something different.

Edited by Lactamid

Listen, pal, there's an alternate suggestion fer you: You just take them Rhino and Excalibur of yers and you make a good use of 'em. You just need some good mods and some experience with 'em.
They could save everybody in tough situations. I find Rhino a bit more practical as of lately. No line of sight required and all that.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)DXPghost28 said:

Okay so noob me spent his platinum on revives and rushing things that took minutes, so recently I sold some prime parts and managed to get enough plat for a warframe slot. Right now I have rhino and Excalibur, both maxed but with crappy mods cause I never seem to find good mods. So with this slot I've had trouble deciding what warframe to farm towards and if it's worth keeping the ones I have. I want to do good on my own at high levels so should I go for someone like ivarra or inaros(I heard they were good solo frames) but I also wanna be of more use so should I try to get someone like nova, nekros, or trinity, etc. I'm MR5 

Check the WF Wikia and check out some frames. It'll help you decide.

Best advice I could give if you aren't happy with your mods/builds is look up some mods that will work with you frame and builds for them online. The warframe youtube community is a fantastic resource for learning how to play the game, and the community-run wiki is also a fantastic library of information on everything in the game.

Do some research, maybe even learn some better ways to use your excalibur and rhino frames. Find out what mods they both benefit best from, hunt for those mods in game or trade for them. Just remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day", so similarly your weapons and warframes wont be perfect instantly. It takes a lot of farming, leveling and practice to get a build that's just right for you.

Just now, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

you can never go wrong with frost

target defense, tank and CC 

Was about to suggest ol' freezebutt, as well.

However, a new Frame isn't going to magically cure your Mod problems so I'd say concentrate on that, first.

E.g. Vault Runs (Orokin Derelict Exterminate) shouldn't be a huge problem with either of Excal / Rhino
so maybe do a few of those, you'll (sooner or later) get some very useful Mods
and can sell the spares / trade 'em for other "essential" Mods you haven't had any luck acquiring.