Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carapace - Infested Themed Buckler

DSMK2

Inspired by Stalc's Infested Weapons

tUBJYb2.png

An idea I had, an infested based shield 'Carapace',  where the shield part is a regenerative bone like structure. The shield is flanked by two retracted 'arms' inspired by the redesigned infested ancient seen in one of the livestreams. The underside of the shield noninvasively merges with the Tenno's suit forming a neural interface, becoming one with the wielder.

Regular melee: Shield bash and spike uppercut, 100% stagger on targets, targets hit by the uppercut are poisoned.

Charged melee: Shield's arms extend outwards and grabs the nearest target, pulling the target into the shield's poisoned spike for massive damage and a heavy dosage of poison.

Block: Shield's fleshy parts expands and flattens, covering itself with tough 'scabs', covering a larger area in front of the wielder, has a lower stamina cost and higher damage mitigation compared to using a non-defensive melee weapon for blocking.

YRvYTAu.png

Edited by DSMK2

That sounds like a viable blocking melee weapon... I would love to see this in game. +1

For the concept art all I can suggest is maybe the different modes? E.g the Blocking mod would look interesting... (in-case you felt like expanding to the look.)

That sounds like a viable blocking melee weapon... I would love to see this in game. +1

For the concept art all I can suggest is maybe the different modes? E.g the Blocking mod would look interesting... (in-case you felt like expanding to the look.)

Just added the 'blocking mode' image to the bottom of the OP. Imagine the shield's fleshy parts quickly expanding then growing hard scabs over it when you start the blocking animation. Once the shield takes enough hits or when the user stops blocking, the fleshy parts shrink, tearing and shedding off the scabs.

Just added the 'blocking mode' image to the bottom of the OP. Imagine the shield's fleshy parts quickly expanding then growing hard scabs over it when you start the blocking animation. Once the shield takes enough hits or when the user stops blocking, the fleshy parts shrink, tearing and shedding off the scabs.

Oh that's pretty sweet, sorry for not replying forgot to follow :L

Edited by GuRPHS

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...