The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wouldn't It Be Fun If We Could Have Shields

belthagor

This is epic.

The coc-I mean codpiece of your Rhino is a little small, but otherwise I like your illustration. You should have an art thread, if you don't already.

Shush now! There's not a single mistake made, it's perfect :I

And art thread would mean actual effort and involvement which I'm not too fond of.

Yeah I would support this primary weapon but it should have some standards. It starts off by having X amount of shields and it gains more durability each level. It should get a few mods but nothing game breaking, such as it can deflect bullets by Y chance. Also please note that when the shield is destroyed, it regenerates back withing 30 seconds or so.

Shields? They sound incredibly mobile and flexible. Definitely more ninja-like to hold our shields up in front of us than to swing our giant unninja-like axes to deflect bullets. In fact, these shields sound quite compact and will probably fit right into our fast-paced combat gameplay.

Shields? They sound incredibly mobile and flexible. Definitely more ninja-like to hold our shields up in front of us than to swing our giant unninja-like axes to deflect bullets. In fact, these shields sound quite compact and will probably fit right into our fast-paced combat gameplay.

Right, because we don't already have a Warhammer, a Greataxe and a Greatsword.

Just as machineguns with windup time that resemble so closely miniguns(super ninja-like weapon) and the snowglobe which totally moves around with the player and is not a stationary cover not to mention stomp which disrupts time, a very ninja-like move. And million other things that are super-duper ninja. :)

Right, because we don't already have a Warhammer, a Greataxe and a Greatsword.

We deflect bullets with those, not hide behind them

Just as machineguns with windup time that resemble so closely miniguns(super ninja-like weapon) and the snowglobe which totally moves around with the player and is not a stationary cover not to mention stomp which disrupts time, a very ninja-like move. And million other things that are super-duper ninja. :)

Guns don't block

Frost is a ninja-wizard

That aside, I'll actually endorse the idea of an energy shield of sorts, sorta like the ones the Jackals use in Halo. Kinda like emitters around your wrists, but when you hold block an energy barrier erupts and there's a slit for your sidearm to fire through.

Edited by Amistyrja

We deflect bullets with those, not hide behind them

Guns don't block

Frost is a ninja-wizard

That aside, I'll actually endorse the idea of an energy shield of sorts, sorta like the ones the Jackals use in Halo. Kinda like emitters around your wrists, but when you hold block an energy barrier erupts and there's a slit for your sidearm to fire through.

Rhino would be warrior-ninja then, heavy physical shield is eligible.

Rhino would be warrior-ninja then, heavy physical shield is eligible.

Have you noticed how awkward it is to see a Rhino running on walls?

Physical shield sounds really cumbersome, would have pretty bad clipping unless it's not displayed on your avatar when sheathed, and look kinda strange. I still feel a shield made out of energy would be better(like Volt's electric shield). It'll activate and deactivate when needed, won't take up much space and can be seen through(translucent).

Have you noticed how awkward it is to see a Rhino running on walls?

Physical shield sounds really cumbersome, would have pretty bad clipping unless it's not displayed on your avatar when sheathed, and look kinda strange. I still feel a shield made out of energy would be better(like Volt's electric shield). It'll activate and deactivate when needed, won't take up much space and can be seen through(translucent).

Tbh I'm not really thinking the usability, just the "how awesome it would be" value (that clipping might be a problem though). Personally I'd like to see both physical and energy shield.

Tbh I'm not really thinking the usability, just the "how awesome it would be" value (that clipping might be a problem though). Personally I'd like to see both physical and energy shield.

Well like it's been mentioned before, a collapsible shield like the Glaive would probably work. Hold the block key, your Tenno holds up his/her arm, blades fan out and link up to form a disc.

Energy won't be as cool and animation heavy, just a cracking or whooshing sound as an energy barrier forms around your left arm.

I didn't know those were farming tools that you could easily use as a makeshift weapon.

Carrying that behemoth around in feudal Japan would likely get you killed on the spot.

I didn't know you flew into space with a donkey.

anyways. it was hardly only makeshift weapons that were around at the time so lets just leave it at that