Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Question: Chroma, Vitality Or Redirection?

GinKenshin

Question

Hoi Tennos, 

I was on an aura slot forma-spree and I finally got to chroma, now being a total klutz I quickly formad the aura slot and did not pay attention to my builds so I can copy them back >.> 

On that note, I began a research about chroma, saw builds and read wiki, so it can down to this build: 

https://goo.gl/Afuwcw 

I'm happy with everything except for 1 slot, redirection or vitality? 

now vitality will greatly increase my survivability since he'll have SO much armor, but redirection will give me even more armor (iirc) from vex armor, I've heard that you only need a set amount of armor to reach max scorn, and I heard something else that contradicts that which gave me a headache tbh O.o 

Any info on this will be appreciated, I'm leaning more to vitality personally....so prove me wrong! (or right >.>) 

Thank You ^^ 

10 answers to this question

Vitality. for two reasons.

1. Massive armor means each point of health is worth more; adding more health means exponentially adding EHP. IDK what the point is when diminishing returns from armor mean it isn't worth increasing (although damage buffs from Fury are always nice).

2. The Scorn buff from Vex Armor requires, IIRC, only 400 shields loss to trigger. The only shield mod you should ever add is Vigor, due to it also adding health.

4 minutes ago, Magneu said:

2. The Scorn buff from Vex Armor requires, IIRC, only 400 shields loss to trigger. The only shield mod you should ever add is Vigor, due to it also adding health.

And even that's optional, to be honest.

2DC3DA662A0B92389CF5AB4671EA6350E36B3988

Using Ice, plus Arcane Grace.

Vitality is a given. always.

however, Redirection is useful too, to make it easier to get the maximum Armor Multiplier from Vex Armor.
Electric Chroma or Shieldboosting Arcanes can help in that regard, though. and means more Slots for Ability modifiers or Et Cetera since you don't get an Armor Bonus to your Shields.
all Shield related choices are not super reliable however.

one could possibly argue that not using Redirection makes it easier to take consistent Damage to get your Damage Multiplier up however.

Edited by taiiat

Thanks guys, I'll keep vitality now, and test primed vigor when I get it, I'll also test removing primed flow too 

also, since you guys have been so wonderful, what arcane should I use for him? I know grace is one of them, but what's the other? Guardian, Aegis, barrier? 

Barrier or Aegis are better because they let you max out scorn. I think that a maxed scorn gives more armor than partial scorn and guardian, but am not sure. I personally would go with barrier because it's much cheaper than aegis though. 50-70ish:platinum: to 100-170ish:platinum: to be exact based on the average prices on WF Market.

Edited by thewhitepanda1205

You don't need Redirection on Chroma unless you're running Electric.

His base shield amount is enough to get you about 75% effectiveness from his Vex Armor.

Vigor will get you there in one pass while adding more eHP than Redirection. Without Vigor, a small amount of recharge or sentinel's Guardian proc will be more than enough.

You need exactly 400 shield damage to max your armor either way.

If you have access to Arcanes and you want the most broken OP build possible use Arcane Grace and Arcane Avenger with Fire Chroma + Naramon - Shadow Step + Naramon - Traumatic Redirection. It's not a "Tank" build but it's nae invulnerable due to invisibility and can crit with Galantine Prime for 2-3 million a swing at x3 combo.

Kisvu0j.jpg

You can actually do this setup without Arcanes but you have to sit around 140% Duration to allow Fire Aura's healing to keep up with Traumatic damage ticks, which can be annoying and tight on energy. This damage comes out to around 6M - 9M DPS using Cleaving Whirlwind stance.

Edited by Xzorn