Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Boss Fights?

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Tyl Regor and Lephantis are my favourite, for similar reasons. Vay Hek and 'the Sargent' are my least favourite, for very different reasons.

Specifically, Tyl and Lephantis are punishing if you fail to avoid their attacks, but are 'fair' enough to telegraph them or give you ways to avoid them. They also have health that approximates what you'd expect of them, not dragging on to long or dying to quickly (for the most part).

The Sargent is even less threatening than your average capture target, enough said. Hek, on the other hand, is incredibly boring to fight, does everything in his power to limit your options, and negates most possibilities of response, as well as being inconceivably durable for what he is.

Edited by Xenoraptor
Forgot reasons :/

most favourite: Joras golem (one with atlas parts)
Simple, yet of epic proportion.

Least favourtie: tie between vay hek (small hitbox, twitches like a fly, 90% of time is invurnuble. And worst of all, you can't overdamage him or he won't drop any pigments.) and razorback (the usual, untouchable. Also, way too much hacking, and even succesful hack was unreliable).
Also Shadow Edgelord with his damage adaptation. My preferred playstyle is running with only melee equipped for "true tenno experience", but I can't really do it anymore because of burning desire to obtain hate and finish my stalker weapons collection. This doesn't extent to sentients, where I see it as reasonable and fairly engaging mechanic.

Edited by 5HV3N

24 minutes ago, Xenoraptor said:

Tyl Regor and Lephantis are my favourite, for similar reasons. Vay Hek and 'the Sargent' are my least favourite, for very different reasons.

Specifically, Tyl and Lephantis are punishing if you fail to avoid their attacks, but are 'fair' enough to telegraph them or give you ways to avoid them. They also have health that approximates what you'd expect of them, not dragging on to long or dying to quickly (for the most part).

The Sargent is even less threatening than your average capture target, enough said. Hek, on the other hand, is incredibly boring to fight, does everything in his power to limit your options, and negates most possibilities of response, as well as being inconceivably durable for what he is.

Those are my favorite boss fights too!  I also like the almost cinematic parts of their fights. 

I kinda like Vay Hek but not a whole bunch as I could easily defeat him while playing solo.  The Sergeant was very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeery disappointing, but he has some decent taunts!

Tyl Regor, because of the dialogue. Sargas Ruk and Alad V for the same reason.

Least fav. Not sure, probably Kela, but only because of the points required per fight (I know it's negated in sorties, but it shouldn't be a thing) and the Rollers as a "challenge" aspect of the fight.

33 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Tyl Regor, because of the dialogue. Sargas Ruk and Alad V for the same reason.

Least fav. Not sure, probably Kela, but only because of the points required per fight (I know it's negated in sorties, but it shouldn't be a thing) and the Rollers as a "challenge" aspect of the fight.

Regor's got sass. 

Those points are so annoying to obtain, but the Rollers are even more annoying to fight. 

Lephantis is my hands down favorite. He's the only encounter in the whole game that "feels" like a proper Boss fight to me. Bonus points if he's the sortie Boss.

Least favorite i'd have to say is the dude with the hammer (Lech Kril i think?) becuase his one and only vulnerable spot is the size of a flea

Pre-reworked:

• Councilor Vay Hek -- hitting like a train tank that used the Hek and could deploy moving Decoys (Loki is still jelly).
  • Kela de Thaym -- ...those non-stop Roller spawn and Ogris rockets. I still remember when got rolled to death w/o getting any hit from Kela, just Rollers. Heh... heh... heh, good times.
  • Hyena (Mk.I) -- a slow-moving unstoppable killing Artificial Idiot-machine with heavy machine guns and missile launchers...

Reworked:

• Kela de Thaym. Fun as hell, this is almost like having a Female Mrs. Torgue. Too bad she doesn't play an air guitar solo.
  • Sargas Ruk. Simply loving his design and character I sided with during TGD. Also, he isn't that kind of bullshissassination like Lephantis, Hek or Juggernaut with insane DR and damage cap.
  • Tyl Regor. What a shame that we couldn't become friends and had to support either Fusion Coreman or Jellyfish instead. Oh well, IT'S   H A M M E R   T I M E!
  • Raptors (the current ones)
  • Hyena Pack. I'm still dreaming of Hyenas spawning in endless missions as mid-bosses.
  • Salad V.

Unique:

• Mutalist Salad. Such a helluva fun to play with friends when a CC one gets captured by Salad.
  • Razorback. Loved it, had to think what we have to do, and I <bleep> love its design and how it looks. Hope we'll see it again.
  • G3. Yet again, i'm loving their design, loving to fight them (though, I didn't double cross the Grineer in Invasions, so i never was marked by them :c ). These and an old Vay Hek -- this is what I'm loving, to fight an elite (and agile) enemy/squad without  BS% Damage Reduction, invulnerable zones/stages and damage cap. This is what i call fun & challenge.
Edited by Thundervision

1 hour ago, 5HV3N said:

most favourite: Joras golem (one with atlas parts)
Simple, yet of epic proportion.

Least favourtie: tie between vay hek (small hitbox, twitches like a fly, 90% of time is invurnuble. And worst of all, you can't overdamage him or he won't drop any pigments.) and razorback (the usual, untouchable. Also, way too much hacking, and even succesful hack was unreliable).
Also Shadow Edgelord with his damage adaptation. My preferred playstyle is running with only melee equipped for "true tenno experience", but I can't really do it anymore because of burning desire to obtain hate and finish my stalker weapons collection. This doesn't extent to sentients, where I see it as reasonable and fairly engaging mechanic.

I got a hate blueprint awhile back, I don't need it myself (can you trade the blueprint? Or would I have to build it first? I'm still new to trading) that I could trade you if you like c: (side note how much are his weapons worth in platinum/for trade anyway :0 )

fav bosses: Lephantis, Alad, Tyl Regor, Ruk (for varying reasons, though I really like lephantis for just everything tbh, he felt like the first proper boss to me idk why)

Least fav: vary hek (stupidly small hit box, and he's super twitchy in that form, I have solo-ed him by getting him wedged somewhere easily enough though =p ) 

Golem by far.  Loved the frame to archwing transition.  Its the only innovation they've made in mission design that I've absolutely loved.  The quest had a nice build up that you didn't have to keep doing to the point of annoyance (infested alad v and co.).  Lends itself well to speed runs.  Only complaint is that I wish they gave you more reason to farm it.

Alad V... not gameplay wise... but he's the only enemy (imo) who's really hate-able.

I like Alad V- character design wise (the voice... everything about him screams evil genius...and he's a coward) - but I hate him as a person. So I really enjoy kickin his a**.

Vor is a close 2nd. Very disgusting man.

Gameplay wise... ugh... that's a difficult one. (note that I haven't fought the new Kela De Thaym yet)

Actually they all become boring when you have to kill them 10000000times in order to drop something.

So... the Tyl Regor fight is designed pretty decently.... with all that water... and stuff.

Srsly I'd like to see Darvo as endboss... dude's funny.