Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Prime?

(XBOX)Paladin Kenobi

1 minute ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Exactly!  Thank you!  It sometimes  gets annoying when players complain about how a weapon or a frame is too powerful.  They can have fun with their Mk1-Paris, Mk1-Kunai, and Skana.  I, on the other hand, will be playing with my shiny brand-new Tonkor Prime. 

exactly.what are be unfair to the AI Bots or something???

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

No.  It's unfair to the other squad members because they aren't getting their fair share of kills... Although, there always is the solo option... 

Back on topic.  Say they released Tonkor Prime in this Warframe fantasy world.  I think Twin Grakata Prime should come with it.  And maybe an Ack and Brunt Prime too. 

Edited by (XB1)GeckoGenesis

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

Just now, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

No.  It's unfair to the other squad members because they aren't getting their fair share of kills... Although, there always is the solo option... 

Its not just about either of these things. In game design even for PVE, balance is key to maintaining a games appeal. I.e. if you have a pve game where you have a weapon that nukes a room and is constantly reusable, is that ok? Not in the long run. For most people it would be fun for sure for the first few times, but after a while the appear goes away. Having an assortment of weapons to choose from that are all interesting is what keeps a game's appeal going.  

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its not just about either of these things. In game design even for PVE, balance is key to maintaining a games appeal. I.e. if you have a pve game where you have a weapon that nukes a room and is constantly reusable, is that ok? Not in the long run. For most people it would be fun for sure for the first few times, but after a while the appear goes away. Having an assortment of weapons to choose from that are all interesting is what keeps a game's appeal going.  

Good point.  A challenge is fun and I see the reasoning in making it harder to become OP.  It makes me appreciate the OP even more.   

45 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

T_T You're crushing all my dreams.

He's not 100% correct. The devs can easily give an excuse that the Grineer tries to duplicate a legendary orokin design thus creating the Tonkor. Like what they did to Braton. (I doub't there will be a buff for Tonkor tho)

57 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I'm all for Tonkor buffs, just remember to MR lock it at 22...or maby 23 would be better...

But people would bypass the MR with Prime Access. :)

and OP weapons liek Tonkor don't need newer versions. New Skins would be nice though, I need a Vaykor Hek skin that is easier to color.

The whole Prisma, Prime, Vandal, etc thing makes me scared to Forma/Potato any non special gun. :( Which is why Tenno weapons always scare me away the most. It'd be nice to not have to worry about already strong weapons getting replaced for no reason.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

11 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

so why havent they nerfed infected ancients 1 shotting players out of no where with that ridiculous toxin damage or those blue grenade things drones drop and they touch my foot and i instantly die? 

Just gunna put this here

And say no, if they retconned the Tonkor to be what DSP says us lore hounds will go ballistic, and then the anti power creepers will come out and scream, and then the you get my point, majority would be against it and it doesn't need it, never prime it.

Edited by AurumandArgentum
Grammar is for chumps

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

nerf? this game is PvE who cares how op a weapon is

This is the kind of argument that shows that not all gamers should be game developers. If you want your game to be in any form enjoyable while played by the masses, you need balance. You force OP weapons into the game that keep getting better then you essentially are nailing the coffin closed on your title, one blow for every item you have now made worthless. There is a huge difference between adding in something the entire community finds enjoyable and adding in something that ticks most of that community off and only a few enjoy.

Tonkor will not get primed since it is not a weapon based off of orokin design. Other forms of variants? sure, have at em. Prime? not without retconning the original, which they haven't done before in the 4 years they've been making weapons.

4 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

He's not 100% correct. The devs can easily give an excuse that the Grineer tries to duplicate a legendary orokin design thus creating the Tonkor. Like what they did to Braton. (I doub't there will be a buff for Tonkor tho)

Braton was always marked as a corpus remake of an Orokin design, Tonkor has nothing like that.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

Just now, (XB1)Paladin Kenobi said:

so why havent they nerfed infected ancients 1 shotting players out of no where with that ridiculous toxin damage or those blue grenade things drones drop and they touch my foot and i instantly die? 

Toxic ancients make themselves pretty well known when they are around, in addition they have to be almost right next to you to use said toxin cloud it is not anywhere out of nowhere. Sapping ospreys I have no defense for.

3 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Just gunna put this here

And say no, if they retconned the Tonkor to be what DSP says us lore hounds will go ballistic, and then the anti power creepers will come out and scream, and then the you get my point, majority would be against it and it doesn't need it, never prime it.

Tonkor doesn't have to have a huge buff.  It would just be cool to have a redesigned Tonkor to brandish. 

Who knows, maybe if DE is ever in a slump and they need to make some money quickly, they might release a prime access with tonkor prime. They will make the MR requirement for the tonkor prime stupidly high then sit back and watch people(who the normal tonker has essentially enslaved) line up with cash-in-hand to pay, no questions asked, just to bypass the MR requirement.

You may get your tonkor pime one day.

26 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

just because tonkor is the weapon with most dmg / dps aslong you hit more than 2 units at once, doesn't mean we wont see an upcoming tonkor prime,

i also wanna see this so bad.

The tonkor will not be primed because of Lore Reasons, so it won't, it might get a Wraith or Prisma but no Prime.

Why do I feel like the Tonkor is the weaponized version of the carrier for 90% of loudmouth players?

"Don't touch my extremely outdated rocket jumper. I love being op and removing all gameplay from myself and anyone I happen to be in a room with."

So why aren't you playing in Solo status so we don't have to see you be stupidly annoying with your room clear that has no drawbacks? Maybe a lot of us wouldn't be here talking about it if you tried that.

2 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I'm all for Tonkor buffs, just remember to MR lock it at 22...or maby 23 would be better...

God no! Its taken me forever to reach rank 13 and you wanna lock content behind unfairly high MR walls!? NO! Please god no! MR 12 is high enough. 

Remember. Not every Warframe player is veteran whose been playing since the very beginning of Warfame's lifespan. 

Edited by DrakoKnight48
Misspelled a word.