Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Relay

IICrimsonI

Imagine a new relay in the void, exclusive to founders and free of the normal population. The walls are shining with gold and unstained white. As you enter, the guards all hold primed weapons and wear new suits. The statue in the middle is a glorious Excalibur Prime who looks down on us with his gilded expressionless face. Here we, the first awakened come together in only the most prestigious social circles. The Syndicates are given new voice lines to address the Founders and Darvo's room will be coated with platinum walls and floors. Darvo will greet you as "the Big Spender" as well. Baro will no longer be able to talk down on you if you don't buy any of his duplicate items.

5 minutes ago, IICrimsonI said:

Imagine a new relay in the void, exclusive to founders and free of the normal population. The walls are shining with gold and unstained white. As you enter, the guards all hold primed weapons and wear new suits. The statue in the middle is a glorious Excalibur Prime who looks down on us with his gilded expressionless face. Here we, the first awakened come together in only the most prestigious social circles. The Syndicates are given new voice lines to address the Founders and Darvo's room will be coated with platinum walls and floors. Darvo will greet you as "the Big Spender" as well. Baro will no longer be able to talk down on you if you don't buy any of his duplicate items.

only one problem with this... if baro goes to this relay... any non-founders won't be able to buy whatever he's selling (unless he's there 24/7 and rotates items every 2 weeks like usual)

Meanwhile it's something rewarding to the founders... I can't say yes due to the majority of the players being non-founders

I made this suggestion some time ago, but instead of something like an entire relay, I would love to see all members of the design council be given access to a special sandbox mode of warframe, so we can help run balance checks for content before it's released. That way Design council gets something useful to do, wikis get more accurate information, DE gets free mass-testing, DE gets instant feedback, and founders and such also get something semi-exclusive to them.

Like it or not, the fact is that the number of founders playing Warframe will ALWAYS be decreasing. The number never goes up, so in theory, the founder-only relay would be eventually empty except for maybe the devs. By making testing grounds available to design council, you'll always have someone there.

You know what? I'd like to see a Founder relay with screens all around the main room listing the names of all the Founders. Visually, it'd be like an Orokin version of the relays - a Prime version of the relay, if you will. In the center of the main area, there would be a golden Excalibur Prime in place of Rhino. This relay would be open to ALL players. While it'd be a Founders-themed relay, it'd be open to all players, founders and non-founders alike. It'd be a place where all could go to see who the Founders are, as well as having a sweet shiny gold relay to look at and hang out in. I'd place this relay over the ruins of the first relay, Vesper. I'd call it: Vesper Prime.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

20 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of regular people who already paid more than you ever did via plat purchases.

You must be triggered when somebody asks "whats a founder" 

A founder who has bought everything there is to buy in Warframe will always have paid more than a non-founder who has bought everything there is to buy in Warframe. Remember that the next time you try to act like Founders don't continue to support the game.

1 minute ago, FrameX09 said:

I thought the founders thing is a contract of some sort? Since you've been given a list of what you would get as founders (and that Excalibur Prime), I think this might cause an outrage from people who are spending real money more than that of what founders did up to this day.

You may want to include "loyal/big spenders" players if this happens.

Agreed. I've dropped a lot of time and money into this game.

Question is, how to regulate this? Like, how much money? And would it need to be a recurring thing? Or reach that level of spending and you;re in forever?

Also, for the Baro thing, simple solution: Switch the week he isn't there. Normal relays one week, Prime Relay second week, normal, Prime, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

on founders pack there wasn't any mention about this, if they want to implement this new relay, they have to give the chance to get it to everyone, for a short period.

There also wasn't mention of bandanas, T-shirts, Emblems or Sigils for Founders in the original description of the Founders' Packs.  Do you want a chance at the Founders' Sigils too?

I don't actually think a Founders exclusive Relay is a good idea.  It has a very limited target market so will give little return of investment, especialy if you consider that Master and Grand Master level Founders have access to the Design Council chat channel anyway so I suspect most of them will converse with Founders through that while in any mission or Relay or on their Liset, rather than hanging out in a specific Relay.

3 minutes ago, Nocam said:

Or reach that level of spending and you;re in forever?

Going to get P2W accusations that way...

6 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Not really. Having access to a different relay that does nothing but look different isn't really P2W. All you would do, with something like that, is get something slightly shinier. Which, in reality, is all FashionFrame is.

10 minutes ago, Katinka said:

There also wasn't mention of bandanas, T-shirts, Emblems or Sigils for Founders in the original description of the Founders' Packs.  Do you want a chance at the Founders' Sigils too?

I don't actually think a Founders exclusive Relay is a good idea.  It has a very limited target market so will give little return of investment, especialy if you consider that Master and Grand Master level Founders have access to the Design Council chat channel anyway so I suspect most of them will converse with Founders through that while in any mission or Relay or on their Liset, rather than hanging out in a specific Relay.

I agree.  I see this doing nothing healthy for the game or the player base.  Why would DE put this in the game, other than to alienate players?

Edited by Aniawn
Grammar correction.

16 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

A founder who has bought everything there is to buy in Warframe will always have paid more than a non-founder who has bought everything there is to buy in Warframe. Remember that the next time you try to act like Founders don't continue to support the game.

Nice...how do you native speakers say it... Oh... Nice ideal!