June 26Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

New content FTW, no need neverending new warframes and weapons wich not critical, can add them later, im not playing again waiting for new CHALANGING content, nothing to do in game, online friends and clan is almost empty also.

Edited by drunkpunk222

In my opinion it's kinda unfair that they get those Steam Trading Cards
And the Website Players not...
What do they do? It seemed that someone had a "Ash foil" and eventually sold it for more.
What's the difference between us and the steam players? Are we, as founders, getting bonuses or sales or didn't they have that so that's why the Steam Trading Card System initiative started, to promote Steam Players...? 

7. Steam Trading Cards?

This is a Steam program that Warframe had a chance to participate in. It is only available to Steam players, and we must follow all the Steam rules for this. Discussion and information can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/864971765248742111

About this. Warframe is a F2P game like TF2 or DOTA 2. People who bought TF2 or any items in its in-game shop before the STCs recieved default number of card drops (usually half of the overall number of cards). Same for DOTA 2 AFAIK - you bought something before the game was included in STC - you got card drops. Can we expect something similar for Warframe?

After reading the Steam forum I came to conclusion that,

Founders who spend actually a lot of money, or just players who spend an immense amount on platinum, wouldn't benefit from this UNLESS they were Steam players. 
Now the issue is that those players that wanted to get Steam contribution wouldn't be able to since the game's credit was bought from a shop otherless Steam a.k.a Steam Wallet...
Am I right?
Even though of the "loss" from a player's side, I am still happy that the Devs can actually use the money to update and maintain their game.
I am glad I spend a good amount to the company.

P.S: It's my dream to join the games development industry :) 

I don't get why everyone's complaining about the cards.

First of all, it's a Steam thing. Second of all, THEY'RE CARDS FFS.

Those cards are worth money...

Certain players have sold them for over 14 Pounds (spending just 9 dollars to get a random, and for a rare Ash foil it was 14 pounds worth?)

Crazy it seems. 

Thanks for the update. It's certainly reassuring to know you guys are working on - or at least discussing, a lot of the stuff that's leeching away most of my enjoyment of this current build.

Random question, potentially unrelated. Any, perhaps even just tentative, heads-up on when we might expect the much-anticipated antimatter? 

About this. Warframe is a F2P game like TF2 or DOTA 2. People who bought TF2 or any items in its in-game shop before the STCs recieved default number of card drops (usually half of the overall number of cards). Same for DOTA 2 AFAIK - you bought something before the game was included in STC - you got card drops. Can we expect something similar for Warframe?

It already is the same. But you had to spend money through steam, not ultimate pay.

Currently, players can exist in one of two categories:

Website Account: you made your account on www.warframe.com with no registration through Steam.

Steam Account: you made your account through stream.

If you have Website Account, you now have the option to buy Platinum at www.warframe.com/buyplatinum with Ultimate Pay or your Steam Wallet if you have launched the game through Steam. www.warframe.com/founders is only eligible through Ultimate Pay at this time.

If you have a Steam Account, Steam Wallet is your only option.

Hope this helps a bit!

Its a bit silly how if i buy some plat through steam i never have the choice to use Ultimate Pay again. And vice versa.

Edited by Therealjoe

D'oh! Thanks!

"Change of plans: Forget what The Lotus just said..."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Personally I run everything through Steam, it's just more convenient for handling game files and the Steam Wallet.

Sorry to hear you can't subscribe/donate to the Founders through Steam anymore. Someone could nag/haggle (naggle?) them into grandfathering in every Founder member if they do some sort of account linking... Just thinking out loud since Warframe IS one of their top downloads and has to be getting them some cash through the Waller transactions.

For anyone wondering, if it hasn't been mentioned yet, as far as I can see the Trading Cards appear to be nothing more than collectibles that get you little more than prestige badges and aesthetic Steam interface changes. I could be wrong.

Edited by OldJerseyDevil

The whole 'do alerts to earn a cool mission' worries me, I see myself getting stuck playing a bunch of crap missions in the hope that RNG will favor me and give me a cool mission eventually.  But I'm sure they will explain that in more depth during the livestream, I look forward to a closer look!

3. A month of: RNG, etc.

Looking back at these hot topics, it’s clear what remains one of the “hottest” of all: RNG. I have some updates on that front, specifically about our Alert System.  

Alert System Improvements!

Dilution is indeed the issue. Rest assured that nothing has been removed from the pool, despite many rumors otherwise. The team has put together a new system (as well as simulated 2 years of the script to see results).  What we are striving for is a balance of what is fair for free and paying players.  RNG as RNG won’t cut it anymore, because “famines” can happen, which is obviously not fair.

What we want to stand behind is a system that guarantees every item *will* drop. Our current system is  random and only guarantees that every item *could* drop. This is a very simplistic version of the goal, but worth sharing to keep everyone in the loop.

OMG! yes, a system where every item can drop. Items shouldn't come up 4 times in a row.

Is it a cooldown or balancing? cooldown meaning the item can't appear again for X minutes, balance like dividing into rare, uncommon, common then pick from rare 1 out of 8, uncommon 2 of 8, common 5 of 8.

4. Quest-able content!

This is a proposal we’re working on, it may not see the light of day, but it’s worth sharing. The idea is that instead of people waiting to get Alert rewards by chance (given feedback that: I don’t even need to play your game to get X, I just need to watch Twitter), we want to add a reward system for playing alerts in general. Doesn’t matter what alerts, but the more you play, the more likely the Lotus is to notice your contributions to the Tenno cause. She may just call on you for a special Quest, with a variety of rewards….

Ooo i like it! Cant wait to see what you guys come up with

"4. Quest-able content!

This is a proposal we’re working on, it may not see the light of day, but it’s worth sharing."

So this means you check if it is doable but may not be implemented if the developers feel that it does not fit in the game?

Or is is it not coming at all?

After Rhino and mag and volt .. will NYx have a buff too ??

Nyx is one of the last frames that need a buff, Mind Control and Chaos are godly and only get better the higher level enemies get. Tweaks for Psychic Bolts and Absorb yes, but a lot of other frames need buffs first.

Anyway, reiterating something that really needs to be improved:

"3) Update Notes - we want details!

Yes, I think we should put more time into forming this list and adding important details to our players. Allow us to improve as the Updates and Hotfixes roll out."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54116-may-28th-community-hot-topics/

The last few small hotfixes don't seem to have this issue, but the big ones (the 100-200 MB ones) still do.

Case in point, 8.1.3.

Edited by Tulzscha