Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you use Mesa for? What can Mesa do better than any other Warframe?

NativeKiller

Question

I am asking this question since I wanted to know if Mesa would be able to offer me something new.

I am realized that I would have to apply 11 formas(the grind...) and spend 82000 endo/4 million credits to get my desired Mesa build.

So I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask my fellow Tenno before making a decision.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

she excels at killing stuff, also can be quite tanky.
 I found her fun to play, also have sunken quite some forma into her, you could try her out with a low cost build first, and then look, if you like the playstyle.

Also its fun to play her just with normal weapons, since you wont die onehit everytime, just take care of melee enemies

Some bosses (kela/raptor for example) tend to become a joke if you play her, even at sortie level

Edited by Takkov

Uhm, okay, I should probably clarify my question.

"What specific situation do you find that Mesa is unarguably the best warframe for the job?"

For example; 

1) Bladestorm Ash for Melee-only Extermination Sortie mission against the Grineer

2) Limbo for Sortie Defense

3) Max range, Chilling Globe Frost for Hieracon 

Edited by NativeKiller

2 minutes ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

Mesa doesn't overly excel at one thing, but instead she's amazing at many things. She does really good in defenses, interceptions and survivals, with cc, tankiness, and high and almost constant dps. She can be used for almost all content in the game.

Oh, I see...

Thanks for the input! :)

Edited by NativeKiller

18 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

"What specific situation do you find that Mesa is unarguably the best warframe for the job?"

For example; 

1) Bladestorm Ash for Melee-only Extermination Sortie mission against the Grineer

1: Defy Wukong for melee only sortie mission against any facton.

2: Nyx + assilimate augment for Sorties Defense.

3: Nyx again, or Mirage for best offense is also best defense. (Kill everything, let none close to the excavator)

There are many many different ways to play each things, and there's never a best frame for anything, but some who do it differently.

Mesa... Is unique in killing things like juggernaut is cheese. Certain bosses are quick and easy, there are still other frames who do it just as quick, and as well. Mesa is an aquired taste and especially a thing you must decide on rather you want to spend a bunch of time and your resources on it.

I am not sure I can tell you anything to help you want to use her, but just know with the imagination, you can use her anywhere. She is really good at infested defense, like ODD for example. She would be good at excavation as well if you got teammates to bring power, but still you can do the same job with a different frame. Like every situation.

Edited by Alcatraz

Usually it's risky to go head on into enemies, especially in higher levels, but with Shooting Gallery you can pretty much walk right in front of them and get easy head-shots. Shooting Gallery is one of the most useful skill to keep enemies at bay while you're still moving.

2 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

There are many many different ways to play each thing, and there's never a best frame for anything, but some who does it differently.

Yes, I know. :)

That's why I asked  "What specific situation do you find that Mesa is unarguably the best warframe for the job?"

Edited by NativeKiller

if you're looking for "what is the absolute best thing to do a thing and only that" you're honestly playing the wrong game.

Mesa has her own form of CC, a (strangely effective) means of self Defense - that can function as another type of CC w/ Augment, and a mixture of wide coverage and highly focused Damage Output.
and Ballistic Battery for if you have Crit Weapons (ones that normally have low Base Damage) on you.
the Passive stuff for Secondary Weapons is worth noting.

take those capabilities, any and all nuances to go along with, and extrapolate that onto your Gameplay desires.
i think like many Warframes, you'l find that Mesa is popular for a variety of reasons.

honestly these types of Questions can be answered for the most part (aside from not as widely known nuances or tricks/tips) by reading the Wiki Articles for each Warframe.

23 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

For example; 

honestly I've gotten to the point where I've built multiple configs for almost every frame, and some configs are good for literally everything.  There are VERY few things in warframe that are specifically used for one thing or another - do they fair well in some situations more so than other things?  sure.  But Mesa is definitely one of the all-purpose frames that can be used anywhere.  Peacemaker for clearing out areas, damage mitigation, CC and slight weapon buff (self-focused)... There isn't really one specific thing she's BEST at, but she'll do you well in just about every scenario.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

honestly these types of Questions can be answered for the most part (aside from not as widely known nuances or tricks/tips) by reading the Wiki Articles for each Warframe.

I have been reading the wiki for the 6 months as it was the bible and I was a fanatic Christian.

I am asking this question on the forums since I want to hear what fellow Tenno would "currently" have to respond "to my own specific question".

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you're looking for "what is the absolute best thing to do a thing and only that" you're honestly playing the wrong game.

Let me play the game the way I want to, just like how I will let you play the game the way that you want to. :)

Besides, I am only asking for the opinions of my fellow Tenno so that I have something to consider when I actually make the decision for myself.

As I said "I am wondering if there is something new that Mesa could offer me."

Therefore, I asked "What is the job that Mesa is absolutely the best at doing?"

Edited by NativeKiller

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

3 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I have been reading the wiki for the 6 months as it was the bible and I was a fanatic Christian.

I am asking this question on the forums since I want to hear what fellow Tenno would "currently" have to respond "to my own specific question".

Let me play the game the way I want to, just like I will let you play the game the way that you want to. :)

taiiat has a very valid point.  there isn't much in the game that is specific to anything, and having that mindset only limits what you can do.  try thinking outside the box more :)

Just now, Dan2Rock4 said:

But what he says is fact? How can you disagree with a fact?

Simple, according to what I have observed for the past 6 months, I have come to the conclusion, that a Warframe may have different characteristic that can clearly differentiate itself from others.

Also, do be careful about what you state as "fact".

Just now, NativeKiller said:

Simple, according to what I have observed for the past 6 months, I have come to the conclusion, that a Warframe may have different characteristic that can clearly differentiate itself from others.

Also, do be careful about what you state as "fact".

He said that there isn't much in the game that is specific to anything, which is 100% true, there isn't. What you said doesn't relate to that original statement directly, " a Warframe may have different characteristic that can clearly differentiate itself from others." doesn't change anything, that isn't a disagreement. Just because something is better doesn't make specifically made for a certain objective or playstyle etc.

7 minutes ago, Dan2Rock4 said:

There isn't much in the game that is specific to anything.

I am at actually at work, so let me make this quick.

I interpreted "There isn't much in the game that is specific to anything." as "Nothing has any difference. All things work pretty much the same."

So I answered "I asked if Mesa was actually the best at something because I think there can be a job that a Warframe may seem best suited for."

Thank you.

Edited by NativeKiller

I use her in mission in very large areas and not necessary open. You see her second ability is incredibly useful to keep everyone alive and it doesn't need a range because it's infinate. So in interception and excavation missions she is good. 

Also she is a master of guns fights, with Shattered Shield that makes her immortal at long distance and peacemaker that can destroy anything within her scope

15 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I think we can agree to disagree. :)

ok, so I turned Frost, a defense-based frame into an assault frame.

My rhino prime is mobile support, not always CC.

Zephyr is a sniper instead of CC.

Ivara is full on assault instead of CC.

Ember prime is CC instead of assault.

Need I go on?  Literally the only way to get better and more helpful to both yourself and other people is to think more outside the box and not categorize frames in the game to one specific playstyle.  You can use just about anything for anything in the game.  I even saw a valkyr run a defense on sechura, pluto with a CC setup.  Imagine that.  We didn't necessarily agree if your argument is "different frames have different characteristics" - that's true, it's what defines those frames as different from one another - but you should always be able to tailor those characteristics to any situation you need them for.  Hence why people run mesa as a tank, or they run her as an assault, or they run her as a defensive role, or a cc support, etc.

You'll find those characteristics, but there's no one set answer to your question here, as there's too many playstyles or skillsets that are able to be used in various situations.

1 minute ago, TheGoodDarius said:

I use her in mission in very large areas and not necessary open. You see her second ability is incredibly useful to keep everyone alive and it doesn't need a range because it's infinate. So in interception and excavation missions she is good. 

Also she is a master of guns fights, with Shattered Shield that makes her immortal at long distance and peacemaker that can destroy anything within her scope

Mesa's second abilities IS affected by range mods, and I hope you know that.

4 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

ok, so I turned Frost, a defense-based frame into an assault frame.

My rhino prime is mobile support, not always CC.

Zephyr is a sniper instead of CC.

Ivara is full on assault instead of CC.

Ember prime is CC instead of assault.

Need I go on?  Literally the only way to get better and more helpful to both yourself and other people is to think more outside the box and not categorize frames in the game to one specific playstyle.  You can use just about anything for anything in the game.  I even saw a valkyr run a defense on sechura, pluto with a CC setup.  Imagine that.  We didn't necessarily agree if your argument is "different frames have different characteristics" - that's true, it's what defines those frames as different from one another - but you should always be able to tailor those characteristics to any situation you need them for.  Hence why people run mesa as a tank, or they run her as an assault, or they run her as a defensive role, or a cc support, etc.

You'll find those characteristics, but there's no one set answer to your question here, as there's too many playstyles or skillsets that are able to be used in various situations.

Last time that I bother to say this.

"I want to know what YOU think..."

I KNOW THAT THERE ISN'T A SET ANSWER BECAUSE THERE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ONE.

To make it even more frigging simple, I simply asked for your personal preferences, there, satisfied?

Edited by NativeKiller
ffs

2 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Last time that I say this.

"I want to know what YOU think..."

I KNOW THAT THERE ISN'T A SET ANSWER BECAUSE THERE ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ONE.

I just asked for your personal preferences, there, satisfied?

but that's the point xD if you go about asking for opinions, especially on these forums, about frames or weapons, you'll get so many answers that it never really mattered that you asked to begin with... and for the reason @taiiat, @Dan2Rock4, and I have been giving you at that.  It's always best to get "x" equipment, use and re-mod to its fullest potential for you, and go from there.  I don't even get builds from warframe builder anymore, because those are tailored to everyone else's playstyles.  I'd want my own that I can fully utilize.

7 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

but that's the point xD if you go about asking for opinions, especially on these forums, about frames or weapons, you'll get so many answers that it never really mattered that you asked to begin with...

ffs...

I think I know that my own build will suit me best since I am not a total imbecile, at least, hopefully.

AND I WON'T JUST USE SOMEONE ELSE'S BUILD WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT FOR MYSELF

I still asked for other people's suggestions, ideas and opinions since I could potentially find some pure gems of genius by asking around.

I believe that asking questions on the forums can be very helpful and that there cannot be "too many" answers.

I hope we can agree to disagree on that, and hopefully you won't make me keep on explaining the same argument over and over again.

Edited by NativeKiller

Mesa is pretty well-balanced warframe, and in a better way tbh. 
She can be tanky, CC, and DD.
Honestly, i think that she is perfect at Interception/ defence missions, where you need to kill a lot of enemies for a short period of time. 
WAy more powerfull than Ash, but way more difficult to get.
Her ulti just allows you to obliterate the whole screen with right build.

7 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

but that's the point xD if you go about asking for opinions, especially on these forums, about frames or weapons, you'll get so many answers that it never really mattered that you asked to begin with... and for the reason @taiiat, @Dan2Rock4, and I have been giving you at that.  It's always best to get "x" equipment, use and re-mod to its fullest potential for you, and go from there.  I don't even get builds from warframe builder anymore, because those are tailored to everyone else's playstyles.  I'd want my own that I can fully utilize.

I mean, my Second ability mirage catered build has to be the best anti burnout build I've ever seen.