Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help a scrub optimize nova

AngryBAsian

Question

16 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, AngryBAsian said:

So i have a nova prime.  But im at loss at what weapons to use. Currently I am using 

Vectis Prime

atomos

Gallatine Prime (Tempo Royale)

Is this fine?

Hello Tenno!

I usually say that all weapons are good, which will make all the difference in game is the build. When you use elementals and a combination of good mods, all weapons have everything to be good!

3 minutes ago, Davysmartz2 said:

The Vectis prime is good with nova if your gonna be staying in a high place and pressing 4 or 2, For a close combat nova which i use i prefer to use a shotgun to max out her antimatter drop ability and kill enemies quicker up close when i press 4 also.

Why do ppl rant about vectis prime being trash? Doesnt depleted reload make it stronger in the end?

I use tigris prime with my nova p. 20k slash damage is doubled with her molecular prime. As for the nova herself how is yours modded.  If you want a build thatbslows enemies you need power strength but I think the slowing Capps off at 75%. For a speedy build don't put any strength mods on out on overextended the negative power strength will still allow for double damage with mp but will speed enemies up instead of slowing them 

That's good. Atomos and Galatine with that stance mod can clear out crowds, and Vectis Prime can help you with those heavy targets.

In my opinion, almost any weapon will do depending (if you're settling with Molecular Prime) what is going to suit you in battle. Tonkor or Amprex are wonderful since they both can clear out a field of enemies. Atomos can link to enemies, if they're close enough, giving you an advantage of focusing on one or few. For melee, I'm not much of a Heavy Blade type of player, but I do use the Atterax since it has high crit, and good range or Jat Kittag with the Vulcan Blitz mod (such a bliss <3). 

There are many weapons combinations with Nova that many players have different preferences on using.

The weapons you use with a Warframe doesn't really matter as long as your having fun. Enough Forma can make just about any weapon good enough for the star chart (or overkill for it). The Weapons you mentioned are quite good (especially when combined with Novas ability's ). Vectis hit's hard and is good for taking out heavy units (like the BombardHeavy Gunner or Tech). While the Atomos is great for taking out your more common enemies (Grineer LancerCorpus Crewman and Infested Charger ). The Galatine Prime kills everything pretty much equally. I would suggest to branch out and try different weapons if you find one of those isn't to your liking. Warframe has a pretty decent amount of weapons all of which can be made viable to some extent. 

My looks like this: Slow nova with stats: 130% str and ef, 58% range and 236% dur

Rubico

Staticor - plan to replace it with AkVastos Prime or AkMagnus Prime if they ever come out

Nikana Prime with primed reach - can fit any other weapon with crits and high range

Best Mods:

* Intensify & Power Drift to get your 4 to max slow %, do NOT add any power strength after this as it has no effect on the slow % and the damage on MP is not that important.

* Narrow Minded , Primed Continuity & Constitution to make MP travel farther.

* Primed Flow & Fleeting Expertise for energy management.

* Quick Thinking for durability, combos well with Primed Flow and Nova's insane energy pool.

* Escape Velocity for increased mobility for you and your party.

* Final Build: Power Drift (Exilus) , Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Intensify, Quick Thinking, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Constitution, Escape Velocity.

--

Variants:

* Any non-primed mod for the primed version.

* Streamline or Natural Talent for Constitution. (Fleeting can be reduced to rank 3 if you take streamline for more duration)

* Redirection or Vitality for Quick Thinking (Good for lower level missions so you don't lose energy)

--

Galatine & Atamos are both top tier weapons.

I use a Rakta Cernos or Suprah (with Entropy Burst or whatever its called) so help with Nova's Energy consumption issues. Any shotgun to instantly charge her 2 works well, as does a non-crit based high DPS rifle like the Boltor Prime or Telos Boltor (Nova's 2 is is IMMUNE to critical hits).

A Slow Nova MUST have + 45% strenght and maximum duration in most cases. After these you can decide what mods you will use.

Your weapons are good weapons provided they are modded well. In the long run you will need some options like shotguns and auto rifles as primaries, fast melee weapons etc... so you can addapt your load out for each mission, enemy type etc...

A couple things to keep in mind for nova:

1. AMD does not benefit from crit multipliers nor DoT effects, if you want to charge up an AMD, use non-crit weapons with high raw damage, shotguns are good, tigris are great.
2. 145% strength maxes out slow molprime; intensify+power drift, r8 transfort, r4 blind rage, energy conversion, be clever and use what works for you.
3. Molprime distance is based on duration, max it out.
4. Nova has low health, low shields, and high energy, quick thinking + primed flow will keep you alive better than vitality or redirection, and gives you a way to ignore slash/toxin.
5. The AMD augment is very nice as a portable shield to block gunfire, absorbing said gunfire for your own use.. all the better.