Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros prime build?

(PSN)NewAgeDoom

Question

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nekros_Prime/t_30_3400020000_2-1-10-5-0-5-7-3-5-14-5-5-37-8-5-256-2-3-458-7-3-527-6-3-727-4-5_5-5-2-6-256-9-7-9-727-15-14-5-527-9-458-9-37-7-f-f_0/en/1-0-49

Here's what I've got going currently for a solo farming build. Would appreciate any constructive feedback people have.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom
Adding proper link

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

If you're planning on desecrating too, I recommend you take out natural talent and put stretch. And if you have zenurik, I recommend you take out flow and put more duration on(more specifically constitution) to keep the shadows up longer.

I do have a Zenurik Lens. Would I be able to start investing in that if I've already started on Naramon?

20 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I would simply swap the Natural Talent for a Stretch or any other range mods. Since you're going with an Health based build there isn't much to change. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I would simply swap the Natural Talent for a Stretch or any other range mods. Since you're going with an Health based build there isn't much to change. 

Will do. Was really only taking the Natural Talent as a safety measure. I can recall many a time I got knocked down as Normal Nekros waiting for Shadows of the Dead to cast

7ZWkzYv.jpg

This is my build that I use - no forma for the aura slot so I can use whatever aura I want depending on the mission.
I found that for me I don't really need much efficiency because the health loss from despoil isn't really that much if you have equilibrium - that way I am not going to run low on health or energy.
Got high power strength because I want my shadows to be more useful and tanky rather than cannon fodder - personal preference really.

Apart from that though, your build is still fine for solo - it's really just a matter of what you prefer and what mods you have on hand to use.

Very similar to mine.  I run :

Soul survivor

Despoil

Equilibrium

Health conversion

Vitality

Theif's whit

And am experimenting with combinations of flow, steel fiber, vigor and antitoxin to round it out.

I use this to drag rookies through 40min dark sector survivals to farm cells (hence soul survivor) and I use naramon so I'm invisible from about the 5 minute mark until I decide to extract.

First, if you use Despoil, you dont really need Flow because it's the ability that consume the most energy. (even if I dont advise it)
Natural Talent was really useful with the old desecrate but now, it's not really bad for ultimate power but no longer needed.

You can replace these 2 mods with Vigor (that fit well with Nekros prime augmented shield) and Intensify for more damage/health for your shadows + better armor reduction when using 2nd power.

You can also replace Shield of Shadow by Strech and Vigor by Overextended for more range and use 2nd power for CC and enemi armor reduction, this will probably give more survivability than ultimate power (but force enemis to flee can be a bit contradictory to stay for long runs in survival missions).

1 minute ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

I've noticed a lot of builds using 4 forma. Is that a requirement on most frames? (Again, showing my scrubbery)

Depending on the frame and how many high drain mods it can use to maximize it's potential 3-4 forma is pretty normal.
Some frames are used for a more specified purpose and don't need that many high drain mods so you could get away with only using 1-2 forma.
It's just a matter of what frame it is and what you're using it for.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

My general use Nekros:

7oy4LSS.jpg

I left Aura Polarity open for CP, Growing Power or any other.

About 62s on Shadow duration at 83% Mitigation, 90% with Growing Power.

40m Range on Desecrate.

Functional Fear

Everyone has the good primed mods but me :(. All I've got are Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker and Point Blank (I use Shotguns A LOT)

5 minutes ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

Everyone has the good primed mods but me :(. All I've got are Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker and Point Blank (I use Shotguns A LOT)

It will work fine with normal Continuity. You'll just have a little less Shadow Time.

Primed Continuity is actually due any time now, it was last up in June.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

It will work fine with normal Continuity. You'll just have a little less Shadow Time.

Primed Continuity is actually due any time now, it was last up in June.

Good thing I got a ton of relics from the key change over then. Time to start fissure farming.

I'll need to start farming Endo too, while I'm at it. On one hand, I like it more than the fusion cores, but at the same time, it's just more farming.

Edited by (PS4)NewAgeDoom

Not sure if we're still sharing, but I didn't see a Support-oriented Nekros build:

131e626c71c849c97e5fcc16d6cb8cd1.jpg

You could easily get away with doing this with two Forma if you drop Primed Continuity for something else, since in this case it's only real purpose is to allow the Shadows to be cannon fodder, or for Void/Corpus tilesets, keeping your own Nullifiers on the playing field.  The rest of the kit is pretty self-explanatory (credit/resource from Despoil + Health Conversion synergy).  You could consider Intensify in place of Primed Continuity to give your Shadows a bit more potency, but you'll offset their uptime as a result so that's up to you.

Soul Survivor jumpstarts players back up without sacrificing much of anything in the kit, since outside of Nekros' 4, he won't be using energy often.  Without the over-reliance on energy for the kit either, Nekros also gets his pick of whatever Focus he'd like - Zenurik if you always want to have his 1 + 4 on hand, Vazarin if you want to be more active in reviving players without having to aim his 1 through a crowd of enemies, Naramon if you want additional utility with a melee weapon, etc.

End of Mission screen won't have you lighting up the board with much other than resources collected, but it's still pretty effective.