The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mixing colours

Jim22

well I just thought of this but what if DE would do something like mixing  2 colours together like red and green and you have a choice of picking what colours you want for you're energy or any of the warframe bits what is you're thought's on this because it could be a good idea.

Edited by JIM22

I mean like putting 2 different colour together and like lets say ember when you use her ability's  instead of having just one colour you have 2 colours because its all about fashion and if you can merge 2 colours it would be like putting blue and pink together wouldn't that be cool. 

9 minutes ago, JIM22 said:

I mean like putting 2 different colour together and like lets say ember when you use her ability's  instead of having just one colour you have 2 colours because its all about fashion and if you can merge 2 colours it would be like putting blue and pink together wouldn't that be cool. 

Yea sorry but this sounds dumb. Either your not typing your thoughts properly, or you dont understand how colours work. If you merge 2 colours, you get 1 different colour. Putting blue and pink together gives you purple.

However, maybe you mean having the ability to have 2 energy colours at the same time. Not only would it look bad in-game, but the amount of coding it would require would be enormous. It would be messy and in-distinct, and would require a rework of every visual system that energy colour touches, like channeling.

18 minutes ago, JIM22 said:

There ate two items currently in the game that can do exactly this (sigils were made with this in mind as well. But those are special for a reason and were made exactly with that in mind. Retroactively applying it to all past items and warframes is just not worth the time and effort

10 hours ago, chaotea said:

Yea sorry but this sounds dumb. Either your not typing your thoughts properly, or you dont understand how colours work. If you merge 2 colours, you get 1 different colour. Putting blue and pink together gives you purple.

However, maybe you mean having the ability to have 2 energy colours at the same time. Not only would it look bad in-game, but the amount of coding it would require would be enormous. It would be messy and in-distinct, and would require a rework of every visual system that energy colour touches, like channeling.

Actually, I think you are thinking of mixing collors like an artist would, and I think they are talking about more like a rainbow 'mix' .. kind of the difference between a salad and a puree.

12 hours ago, Meliq said:

Actually, I think you are thinking of mixing collors like an artist would, and I think they are talking about more like a rainbow 'mix' .. kind of the difference between a salad and a puree.

In rainbows the colours transition from one colour to another. Perhaps the OP means colour transition. A rainbow isnt a mix of colour, its an arrangement.

The difference between a salad and a puree is the size of the chunks. The process of mixing remains the same. Its a bad analogy for this to be honest. What you are suggesting the OP is referring to is the idea that energy colour would have a pattern, made of different colours. However, at the scale this would show the effect would be relatively pointless.

Being able to color each ability separately would be neat,
not least so you could make "visually intensive" abilities less distracting (dat bright pink Snow Globe)
while still gettting to properly FashionFrame-adapt the other abilities :D

Also, maybe then DE can finally stop blue-balling Oberon, the poor deer dear :(
[I'm talking about Smite's orbs not always accepting your chosen Energy color, of course.]

6 hours ago, chaotea said:

In rainbows the colours transition from one colour to another. Perhaps the OP means colour transition. A rainbow isnt a mix of colour, its an arrangement.

The difference between a salad and a puree is the size of the chunks. The process of mixing remains the same. Its a bad analogy for this to be honest. What you are suggesting the OP is referring to is the idea that energy colour would have a pattern, made of different colours. However, at the scale this would show the effect would be relatively pointless.

The differenc ebetween any kind of mixing is the size of the chunks...  This is true when we create concrete, metal alloys, drugs, furniture - heck even paint. 

Scientifically, a rainbow is a result of the refactive index of an object interacting differently with different color bands - that would be 'Prismatic'  Artistically a rainbow could be any sequence of colors displayed in an order - which could be done either as a static pattern or as a time sequence.

So - I hope that we can have time variant colors for energy as it would be awesome. It would be even more awesome if we could have time variant sequenced colors for all of our different color slots with a fade/mix between them.   

On 30/09/2016 at 4:56 PM, Meliq said:

So - I hope that we can have time variant colors for energy as it would be awesome. It would be even more awesome if we could have time variant sequenced colors for all of our different color slots with a fade/mix between them.   

Im not keen on the idea. Picking 1 set of colours works best. I can maybe see it working with energy, perhaps changing colour when we channel or something, but not for the rest of the colours. Plus think of the players who go around with bright green, purple and blue as their colours. Imagine the horrors they could produce with a fading secondary colour pallet.

However, as i discuss, i remember that we basically have what the OP is asking for in the Prisma skins. We should get more prisma for other frames.