Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Orokin Vaults and Dragon Keys

kyori

Question

Just curious to know if any specific key is tied to certain mission node in the derelict?

Or they are all random?

I'm playing solo most of the time and I guess playing online doesn't have people joining me in out-of-the-blue derelict missions.

11 answers to this question

you should bring a 4 man squad for vault hunting because every vault spawns randomly anywhere in the derelict and the required dragon key changes every time

regardless of the mission it's still random but defense is the only mission that doesn't have a vault

I don't think people can join your session due to the fact you're spending your derelict key to get in

8 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

I don't think people can join your session due to the fact you're spending your derelict key to get in

Do you mean they can only join if the host invite them?(regardless of them having dragon keys or not?)

1. Find a friend who wants to farm Vaults and have resources for a key
2. One of you should craft a key to enter the mission (preferrably the one which you can fully explore without completing the objective) and enter that mission solo (not in solo mode tho)
3. When the player who entered the mission finds the Vault door, he tells the other player the key type, and only then second player crafts the key and enters this mission via invite.
4. Open the vault, get the goodies, finish the mission.
5. Repeat 2-4 until done.

As far as I know this method should work. This way you won't need a full squad with everyone wearing a key and only one person using it.

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

pretty much... i haven't encountered anyone joining my session while playing in the derelict

I see... but we don't get people joining us if we play regular planet to planet progressing missions too. Maybe that is the reason? lol

2 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

2. One of you should craft a key to enter the mission (preferrably the one which you can fully explore without completing the objective) and enter that mission solo (not in solo mode tho)
3. When the player who entered the mission finds the Vault door, he tells the other player the key type, and only then second player crafts the key and enters this mission via invite.

As far as I know this method should work. This way you won't need a full squad with everyone wearing a key and only one person using it.

Ah! That is a pretty neat trick! Thanks for the tip!

Too bad i don't have friends playing warframe... and will need to ask strangers to team up lol

The keys are randomized, and as a mostly Solo player I feel your pain. I've long asked to be allowed to equip all 4 keys at once. Making it like a voluntary Nightmare mission. But nope, DE doesn't really design with Solo players in mind. They'd rather see us work in full groups of 4.

In order to play with a group on Derelict missions you have to form a custom group. Try the Recruiting channel for that. There is no "drop in" style multiplayer for Derelict missions.

23 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

Are you sure it does? I remember trying to invite a friend after spotting the vault in a capture mission (the target was many tiles away), and I couldn't invite him. As soon as you reach it, it says objective complete.

40 minutes ago, kyori said:

Just curious to know if any specific key is tied to certain mission node in the derelict?

Or they are all random?

I'm playing solo most of the time and I guess playing online doesn't have people joining me in out-of-the-blue derelict missions.

The key isn't bound to the mission type. The vault is guaranteed to spawn in every derelict mission except Assassination and Defense, and the key needed to open it is chosen at random. So if you go solo, you only have 1/4 chances of getting the vault. There's usually always a few people looking for vault runs in recruiting chat, so you can join/invite them too.

Also, people don't join you out-of-the-blue because they're different from the usual missions in the sense that they require keys to be accessed. It's just like Trials or the old Void system (I guess you were around at that time). Even setting it on public does not help in this case, you (or your teammates) have to manually invite them beforehand. If you want people to join you in regular missions (ones that don't require keys), then you should set your matchmaking to "Public".

Edited by TheScytale