The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Celestia Syandana Great Again

BER0TH

Yes this is another topic about that Syandana but i also would like to address some reasoning on my arguments about why it shouldn't stop glowing

first of all, depending on the region you play, Conclave is pretty much dead, on my journey to Typhoon Rank i noticed that i was forced to play on another region and to disable the ping limit else i needed to wait between 2 or 4 hours for a single match, and it usually only had a newbie that leaved as soon as the first point was scored, making the completion of weekly challenges a total boredom

The way servers works or lack of them is so frustrating, getting paried with laggy hosts that makes the overral experience is really unfortunate

it feels extremely barebones, the way conclave is not connected to the main game, the way you have to grind conclave mods will make any new player afraid of playing because you'll depend on RNGesus and lose over and over until you either rank up to buy the mods or get that needed mod as a drop

the way it works on consoles just feel even worse, aiming is harder and any non-hitscan weapon is kinda problematic to use because trying to hit that bullet jumping madman without them is kinda a waste of time

when i finally got that syandana i thought i was free i thought "Those who brave the thorns may eat the rare fruit." , but the fruit was actually the chains that will force me to keep playing Conclave otherwise everything i did will be in vain

if i could pay plat to make it shine forever without needing to grind conclave again i wouldn't even think twice

now i understand why my clan tried to convice me about the PvP syandana being a waste of time

7 minutes ago, BER0TH said:

"Those who brave the thorns may eat the rare fruit." , but the fruit was actually the chains that will force me to keep playing Conclave otherwise everything i did will be in vain

This made me crack up.

On a more serious note I do agree. I have yet to get the syandana but I seriously lose interest when you're forced to keep playing Conclave.

Edited by Naith

The syandana is fine, making it light permanently would only defeat its purpose of glowing for those players committed to conclave.

29 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Pretty sure you only need the weekly challenges to light it up. 

It counts both, daily and weekly tasks so lighting it up usually doesn't take that long. Mine is fully lit and I've played just an hour yesterday after the weekly reset (still I use other syandanas since there's something about Celestia that doesn't like me)

TL;DR
"I don't want to put in constant effort to make the Syandana light up, because I don't like Conclave, I only play it for the skins, now that I have my shinies, please just let me get out from this place."
Does that sum it up for you?

What you fail to realize here, is the fact that Conclave, is a Syndicate like any other, and what all Syndicates Syandanas have in common is : upkeep. Conclave is no different, just because you don't like to play Conclave, and apparently nobody plays it, doesn't mean it should bend the rules just to fit your philosophy. Completing the weekly challenges unlock 3 of the 4 tiers, which leaves only one Challenge to complete a day, which would take... 10 minutes? 

"But nobody plays Conclave, why should I even bother with trying to complete challenges for it? Much less wait an hour for a game?"

Conclave is a niche game mode, yes. The Syandana is created for the exact purpose of rewarding those who actually play it regularly, and to encourage activity from those who don't. There are plenty of Challenge farmers around, if you wanna go down that road. You even have a clan, ask them to help. Sure, have a plat version of the same Syandana that lights up automatically, just don't name it the Celestia, because it is not meant for you. 

On the topic of servers : Yes, every one of us here is waiting for it, its coming, and fingers crossed it will be at least an improvement upon what we have now. Region activity will not likely change much, you could always try switching regions to find some active rooms. That's all I can say to you.

15 minutes ago, Neah said:

What you fail to realize here, is the fact that Conclave, is a Syndicate like any other, and what all Syndicates Syandanas have in common is : upkeep.

other syndicate syandanas don't require you to do the missions for that syndicate to have ANY visual effects.

9 minutes ago, Neah said:

What you fail to realize here, is the fact that Conclave, is a Syndicate like any other

if Conclave is a syndicate like any other why i can't get standing from it while using the sigils or why there's no medallions for it?

25 minutes ago, Neah said:

TL;DR
"I don't want to put in constant effort to make the Syandana light up, because I don't like Conclave, I only play it for the skins, now that I have my shinies, please just let me get out from this place."

honestly is reaching typhoon rank not enough proof of my commitment with this almost dead gamemode?

also i'd like to point that my ISP is terrible so i'll have to disable the ping limit to play in other servers and i'll probably ruin other peoples fun by being laggy

5 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

other syndicate syandanas don't require you to do the missions for that syndicate to have ANY visual effects.

Nope, they require you to scan stuff, take damage, get credits, kill enemies, etc and keep playing doing something related to the syndicate in order to make it shine and then reset during the same mission. Celestia is in the same line and is even easier since it doesn't reset on every single conclave match.

Would you like it to shine for every kill streak obtained and reset before every match? I guess that answer is totally predictable 

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

Nope, they require you to scan stuff, take damage, get credits, kill enemies, etc and keep playing doing something related to the syndicate in order to make it shine. Celestia is in the same line and is even easier since it doesn't reset on every single conclave match.

Would you like it to shine for every kill streak obtained and reset before every match? I gguess that answer is totally predictable 

all of those things you can do IN ANY MISSION, but conclave challenges can only be done in conclave

also you don't have to deal with cancer hosts for the other syandanas

4 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

all of those things you can do IN ANY MISSION, but conclave challenges can only be done in conclave

That's why conclave syandana requires conclave related stuff to shine 

also you don't have to deal with cancer hosts for the other syandanas

Not every host is cancer, and hopefully DE will give us community hosted servers/dedicated servers some time in the future. That fight still going on

Edited by -----LegioN-----

7 minutes ago, BER0TH said:

if Conclave is a syndicate like any other why i can't get standing from it while using the sigils or why there's no medallions for it?

The is no sigil requirement to gain standing, and your standing gain rate is increased linearly with each rank you achieve. Even if you do terribly in a game, just playing in the same room will give you more and more bonus standing with each game played.

Medallions? They're there, also called : Challenges. Oh, and they also light up your Syandana. How neat is that?

9 minutes ago, BER0TH said:

honestly is reaching typhoon rank not enough proof of my commitment with this almost dead gamemode?

You could also say the same of all other Syndicates, why does reaching the max rank and buying their Syandana does not give me the full effects immediately? Conclave being 'dead' does not mean you get a free pass. If the Syandana worked optimally, people would be playing Conclave more often, but that is not the case right now, perhaps that might change in the future with public servers, but for now you gotta live with it.

13 minutes ago, BER0TH said:

also i'd like to point that my ISP is terrible so i'll have to disable the ping limit to play in other servers and i'll probably ruin other peoples fun by being laggy

To be blunt, I can do nothing for you about that, other than saying : Wait for the public servers. Or get a better ISP.
Harsh? Maybe.  But that's the only thing there is to say.

1 minute ago, Neah said:

You could also say the same of all other Syndicates, why does reaching the max rank and buying their Syandana does not give me the full effects immediately? Conclave being 'dead' does not mean you get a free pass. If the Syandana worked optimally, people would be playing Conclave more often, but that is not the case right now, perhaps that might change in the future with public servers, but for now you gotta live with it.

well, the difference between the other syndicate syandanas and the conclave one is that the other syandanas actually have an effect without fulfilling the requirement, whereas the conclave one is just a lump of metal without it

2 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

well, the difference between the other syndicate syandanas and the conclave one is that the other syandanas actually have an effect without fulfilling the requirement, whereas the conclave one is just a lump of metal without it

Are we really going to nitpick here? Point is : Upkeep is required to make them look better, their starting condition have little to do with that fact.

3 minutes ago, Neah said:

Because the other syndicate Syandanas aren't just a lump of metal without fulfilling their requirement

indeed the effect is kinda minimal, while on the Conclave Syandana is almost a must otherwise it doesn't looks good, you are able to fulfilling their requirement while playing normally and don't need a special snowflake way to keep it lit, you can literally get the syandana and never do a mission for the syndicate you got it from, yet you'll still be able to make it glow, while with the Celestia Syandana you are bound forever to Conclave to keep it glowing, else it'll just be taking space in your syandana selection screen

Just now, BER0TH said:

Because the other syndicate Syandanas aren't just a lump of metal without fulfilling their requirement

indeed the effect is kinda minimal, while on the Conclave Syandana is almost a must otherwise it doesn't looks good, you are able to fulfilling their requirement while playing normally and don't need a special snowflake way to keep it lit, you can literally get the syandana and never do a mission for the syndicate you got it from, yet you'll still be able to make it glow, while with the Celestia Syandana you are bound forever to Conclave to keep it glowing, else it'll just be taking space in your syandana selection screen

this