The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to Stop the Player Drought Between Content Waves

(XBOX)ToothlessApollo

This, to me, seems to be the biggest problem plaguing Warframe right now. There seems to be nothing to keep people consistently invested while we wait for new content. It seems like the first week of something new, people jump on, get all their crap, LV it, and leave. The game has become more like nuisance to them, a chore to keep up on. Once they've lved to 2 new guns, the one new sword and the new frame, they get off and play Destiny or some crap like that. What can DE do to keep people on the game? I think it'd be great to hold suggestions here.

Rewarding highlvl gameplay: Hordemode with ever rising or adjustable levels WITHOUT annoying oxygen nonsense where I can just slaughter enemies for no sodding reason and get APPROPRIATE rewards. And by that I mean no orokin cells after 5 hours of survival.

Also remove the lvl cap from the simulacrum so we can test our stuff vs strong enemies.

Some sort of challenging repayable content that has worthwhile rewards.  Maybe make a new style of endless mission that can give things like unique weapons that can only be obtained by doing well in the mission and cosmetics.  To keep the mission interesting have events within the mission like some sort of boss spawn.  I would also think making interactive tile sets that would also require something to get past.

Edited by WinterLynx

I said this before and i will say it again, give us the ability to edit the game or rather give us tools to change the game like Skyrim/ Fallout/ The Witcher so we can create our spin off stories and missions!

This will help creative minds to breath life and fresh air to the game while DE Focus on their own thing.

As long DE multi tasking themselves and forcing themselves into the cinematic direction, which isn't their greatest strength as a studio even though they did fine, the lack of true content will continue AKA events and lore based events :/ 

Seriously, there is not one game developer in existence that is capable of producing content to keep up with consumption.  Not even Blizzard at their peak, with something like 12 million subscribers contributing towards their development costs, could they keep people playing WoW between expansions.

People will stop playing the game and go play something else.  All a developer can hope to do is get them to keep coming back when content is released.

Or massively increase the number of people creating content, without having to pay for that development.  In other words, player made content.

Edited by polarity

20 minutes ago, ...Natsu... said:

Rewarding highlvl gameplay: Hordemode with ever rising or adjustable levels WITHOUT annoying oxygen nonsense where I can just slaughter enemies for no sodding reason and get APPROPRIATE rewards. And by that I mean no orokin cells after 5 hours of survival.

Also remove the lvl cap from the simulacrum so we can test our stuff vs strong enemies.

AKA a TRUE Survival mode.

16 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

I said this before and i will say it again, give us the ability to edit the game or rather give us tools to change the game like Skyrim/ Fallout/ The Witcher so we can create our spin off stories and missions!

This will help creative minds to breath life and fresh air to the game while DE Focus on their own thing.

As long DE multi tasking themselves and forcing themselves into the cinematic direction, which isn't their greatest strength as a studio even though they did fine, the lack of true content will continue AKA events and lore based events :/ 

As much as I would enjoy that, it only really works for single-player games, for reasons that I sincerely hope are self-evident.

11 minutes ago, Tekka_Croe said:

As much as I would enjoy that, it only really works for single-player games, for reasons that I sincerely hope are self-evident.

And what about games like Doom (+2,3,etc.), Quake (+2,3,etc.), Unreal Torunament (+2k3, 2k4 etc.), Battlefield 1942 (+2, 2142, Vietnam, etc.)?

And lets not forget games like Counterstrike, Team Fortress 2 and DOTA2, which would not even exist, if modding multiplayer games wasn't possible.

Edited by polarity

Just now, (XB1)DarwinsPlanB said:

DE actually already have what they need to keep players, it's just they implemented those resources in a way that doesn't beneifit them. First you have to realize this is, in its simplest explanation, a run-shoot-kill game. Any player in any game of this type will burn out eventually. What Warframe has going for it is the sheer amount of content to stave off burn out for quite a while, but still it happens. Customization is another facet that prolongs a player's devotion to a game and we also have a fair bit of that as well. Clan dojos, your ship, your companions, and of course your Fashionframe. Oddly enough in the current endgame vacuum fashion is the endgame. They also have PvP, but this more than anything else in this game is what I believe could keep players around. The problem is,as it sits, it is broken. I keep hearing that supposedly dedicated servers are coming, but that only makes an ok facet of the game stable and not what it could be. Competition is what the game currently lacks. You might laugh, but think about how hotly contested Dark Sectors were. If DE lifts the Armistice before it's too late and took a serious look at my idea for conclave at the bottom player retention might improve

I saw that post before, some good stuff in there. Also, I made a couple posts about how to improve conclave: namely by adding bots, and by making alerts show up there, with a standard reward for participation and a bonus reward for winners.

59 minutes ago, polarity said:

And what about games like Doom (+2,3,etc.), Quake (+2,3,etc.), Unreal Torunament (+2k3, 2k4 etc.), Battlefield 1942 (+2, 2142, Vietnam, etc.)?

And lets not forget games like Counterstrike, Team Fortress 2 and DOTA2, which would not even exist, if modding multiplayer games wasn't possible.

Are all not MMOs with set rules in place.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

And why should an MMO have set rules?  You can run it on different servers, you can change the rules between them.  You don't have to have everything tied into one single lobby/inventory/progression system.  We already have different versions running on PCs and consoles, so why not another version where the rules are relaxed enough for players to set their own rules in conclave, or to build their own tilesets that don't exactly fit the vision of the game?

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

theyre all multiplayer shooters. Deathmatch, domination, ctf themed. warframe has a strong pve aspact, but the problem to me seems to be the lack of a really good, really competitive pvp. conclave is a start but its neither heavily promoted nor particularly obvious. You dont need a massive amount of content to have a really good multiplayer. this is coming from a guy that played Left 4 Dead 2 for more than half a decade and that game had only a small handful of campaigns, all of which i had memorized. if only warframe had that kind of lasting multiplayer power.

It's not a recent thing that Warframe lacks Core game play to keep Veteran players invested.

I've quit playing this game multiple times just to let the Devs catch up.

I come back 8 months later, blow through whatever they added in 2 weeks then find myself stuck with the same situation of not really having a reason to continue. I don't really expect them to keep up with my hardcore gaming tendencies but they have endless scaling to work with. There's a lot of natural options in the system to keep players going that they've continued to ignore for some reason.

Make Game Harder!
Let Us can set a Home planet Like dojo,grinding resource for my home to build something nice i feel good!(actually i build my own clan at pc gather resource all by self,pretty fun)
Remove Trade System (remind me how hard to get a flow at 2013 before trade system,and yea,this is joke xd) 

As bad as the Dark Sector conflicts were at times, it was one of the most fun replayable aspects of the game IMO. Sure it's PVP and some people disliked it, but it was close to being player-generated alerts and it's difficulty wasn't fixed since you were fighting other players + Specters/Corrupted. If it were to return or we got something similar, i'd like to see the following:

- Hard cap place on taxing a node. No more than 25%.

- The Alliance in control must choose what they want to apply the tax to, they can't have a 25% tax on everything. For example, if they want to allocate 25% of the tax to credits, then they can't tax any of the resources. If they want to tax only 15% of the credits, then they are free to use the remaining 10% on resources of their choosing.

- If a conflict begins, it does not block access to the PVE mission, so players can choose to play that or support the Alliance in control of it.

- Dedicated Server for conflict modes only.

- When an Alliance sets a payout reward for defending them or attacking, the reward cannot be changed/removed until the conflict ends by one side forfeiting or the conflict timer running out.

- Conflict modes would use the Conclave loadout and mods. Bleedout would be enabled in conflicts.

- Participating in Conflicts should reward some Conclave standing and unique items, like a Sekhara. The appearance of the Sekhara should changed based on if the player mostly defends an Alliance, attacks for an Alliance, or is neutral/inbetween.

I played Battlefield 2 as a coop horde shooter against AI.  We had private servers with their own stats, own unlock progression, own selection of maps, most of which were player made, and their own rules or mod-packs, so don't go telling me it's not possible, when it's already been done.

Edited by polarity

54 minutes ago, polarity said:

Seriously, there is not one game developer in existence that is capable of producing content to keep up with consumption.  Not even Blizzard at their peak, with something like 12 million subscribers contributing towards their development costs, could they keep people playing WoW between expansions.

People will stop playing the game and go play something else.  All a developer can hope to do is get them to keep coming back when content is released.

Or massively increase the number of people creating content, without having to pay for that development.  In other words, player made content.

they should have done that since the beginning, with half decent but reliable modding tools the life time of any game becomes endless, that is the reason why people keeps playing skyrim, warcraft 3, and even the first unreal tournament, in order to fit their model they would only need to keep every arsenal and cosmetic tied to their official content/platinum

7 minutes ago, rockscl said:

they should have done that since the beginning, with half decent but reliable modding tools the life time of any game becomes endless, that is the reason why people keeps playing skyrim, warcraft 3, and even the first unreal tournament, in order to fit their model they would only need to keep every arsenal and cosmetic tied to their official content/platinum

And the reason EA pulled all mod support from more recent Battlefield games is because their entire sales model revolves around sequels and DLC, and they found they coudln't push BF2142 onto people still getting their money's worth out of BF2+AIX or Project Reality mods.  With an MMO that is persistent and constantly developing modding can't interfere with the sales, especially when modding is incorporated in such a way that you need to purchase an upgrade in order to access that content.  There's also the possibility of renting servers to host mods on (EA will rent you a server, but there are no mods, and they're still cancelling support for BF4 while pushing Battlefield 1, instead of rolling WWI content into a core Battlefield game).

PvP modes that give players the ability to restrict frames/abilities/weapons, and maybe provide sliders to cut back on the power of parkour in PvP, would be a really good start, that could be hosted by clans, as part of the dojo.  They could even build their own PvP arenas, using the existing tile system.

Edited by polarity